Chapter 13: Scouting (Part 4-Lifeforms?)
367 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the 30 Scout drones started their descent on the planet, they immediately split in 3 groups that would soon be split into more smaller groups, their first split was into their respective groups, aka their ships, like The Python Division, Crystallis’s Division, and the Black Baron’s Division.

As they were reaching the planet’s Thermosphere, they started splitting into groups of 1 respectively, and scout every single region of the planet. with the speed of the scout drones, they were able to reach the planet's regions and rendezvous with ease.

First one to be able to reach a significant altitude to the planet was Scout Drone 16, part of the Python Division.

“Scout Drone 16 has reach scouting altitude, beginning planet’s surface inspection and reconnaissance.”

 The drones that had already started to reach the right altitude for its reconnaissance, and started splitting up. From their division, they started splitting up into groups of one.

If they were to encounter any problems or skirmishes and ambush, they were armed, lightly armed. Their weaponries were two medium automatic ray guns on the drone’s sides, and that acts as their primary weapon, enough to cut and through a human’s body and their body armor, they also had a self-propelled laser field gun for heavily armored enemies under the body of the drone, and it acts as their artillery.

They were to report two times per day and a total of 14 reports per week. And after a week’s time all of their combined reconnaissance reports were to be summarized and reported to the Admiral, whether it be bad news or good news, it would depend on how the Admiral reacts.

***

Somewhere on the planet, a scout drone flew above the large and marshmallow-like clouds, through the planet’s clear sky. The winds were blowing with a light breeze, a scout drone, scouting more about the planet’s geography and regions.

“This is SD 23, Crystallis’s Division, I am near somewhere within the western region of the planet, wind is blowing 8 kmph, I have also reported signs of life, they are not human, but they have characteristic and attributes of that as a human, requesting permission to SD 21 for closer reconnaissance and observation.”

“This is SD 21, Chief of the Crystallis Division, Permission granted, you must observe them with the utmost caution, irresponsibility and failure will not be tolerated.”

“Roger, Roger, Beginning descent.”

The drone that had recently spotted signs of life that weren’t human, had started his descent closer to the planet’s surface, but not too low and kept a height that he won’t be spotted at. From the grassy and massive plains of the planet, it started approaching a forest, using a forest as shelter was possible, if they were subjects of persecution since they weren’t humans.          

“Beginning Observation, activating drone camouflage, enhancing Camera.”

Flying through the forest, its scope had found beings similar to that of humans. They had the body and mind of a human, they also were bipedal. But due to the forest’s trees, most of them were concealed, and monitoring them became hard.

“Recording…”

Due to the forest’s trees, the drone had to record its encounter, so that they he can send it to the Dreadnought’s to replay the video and identify the beings.

***

Meanwhile in a region of the plant that is currently encountering a strong winter season along with a powerful blizzard enough to cover an entire city, a strong gust of cold wind and snow covered the camera of the scout drone, the wind made the drone wobble, it had difficulty with doing its reconnaissance, with its camera covered it had barely any vision on the land that it had reached.

“Reporting to SD 1, this is SD 7, Black Baron’s Division, I am somewhere that appears to be near a blizzard, my reconnaissance report will have to be delayed due to my current condition, But I could remember following a mountain range.”

“This is SD 1, Chief of the Black Baron’s Division, copy that SD 7, continue your reconnaissance and proceed with caution.”

“Roger, roger.”

The drone continuing its trajectory had suddenly detected a large unidentified lifeform. It was a large and gigantic monster, several times larger than the drone, though the drone’s camera barely caught it. It was a large type of flying organism that was barely seen on the drone’s camera.

Seeing the monster, the drone’s pilot immediately contacted his commander, SD 1.

“Reporting to SD 1, a large unidentified winged being has appeared in my view, permission to engage.”

“Negative, we are not allowed to engage the ‘unidentified lifeforms’ unless they show aggression or hostility. Monitor the winged-lifeform, and report, that is your mission, SD 7.”

“Roger, Roger.”

The pilot, being only a droid, didn’t hesitate to follow its commander’s order and started to follow and monitor the large-lifeform. He had let go of his current mission of reconnaissance of the planet to monitoring a large organism, that he didn’t know if he was hostile or not.

***

Somewhere on the central regions of the planet, the central regions, out of the other regions had been detected to have shown lifeforms similar to that of humans. It also had an abundant supply of natural resources, like minerals, wood, water, food, etc.

In the central region, it had the right climate enough for the lifeforms living there to survive, there were also manmade structures that were present.

The scout drone was currently flying atop the clouds and high in the clouds and using his camera to observe from a distance barely visible to the naked eye.

“Reporting to SD 11, this is SD 14, Python Division, I have found a large amount of human beings and other lifeforms, this also seems to be structures that have been made by the humans here.”

“Copy SD 14, our orders are to only scout the planet’s regions, do not engage unless needed too.”

“Copy, SD 11, continuing reconnaissance on the said lifeforms, will report back in 20:00.”

The drone flying high on the sky, was circling his assigned target, to monitor about the movements within the land. There it saw humans, they wore clothing enough to cover their body parts, some were clad in iron armor and were holding spears. it circled the area for a few hours before changing positions.

And in a different region near the one it circled earlier, it saw a large cage that house what it presumed to be human slaves. But rotating for a few more meters, the beings that were being cage weren’t human, but ‘Mutated’ humans.

15