Chapter 14: Trust
402 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the out of control incident yesterday, the girl of royalty had been awfully quiet. We had been walking through the forest since yesterday. Lisa had already reported that the scout drones were finally released onto the planet, all I needed to do was wait until the first week’s report was announced to me.

I needed to clear up the misunderstand earlier, if I want her to ally with me, I need to clear up what happened a yesterday, though I hesitated, I started talking to her.

[sorry, yesterday.]

I was still not fluent with the local language but thanks to my nanomachine, I had a few important words noted.

I rotated my head enough for my right eye to see her reaction. By her reaction it seemed that the blame was shifted to her, for a person talking about another’s personal life was quite a bad move. I then noticed that her face was the look remorse, well I mean, I almost killed her, so maybe she thought about one way or another to insult me or my 'family'.

[I’m sorry, about my behavior and the way I acted yesterday, I was unladylike, Sir…]

Though I wasn’t unable to understand, by her tone and inability to do direct eye contact, I could notice that she was apologizing.

“admiral, it seemed she has apologized about yesterday, but she is also asking for the Admiral’s Name.”

My nanomachine translated.

[Kliest… Arthur Kliest.]

I responded to her before looking back at the forest’s pathway, and asking her name.

[Yours…?]

There was a small pause before she responded.

[Elena… Elena Sina Linoire]

I didn’t pry on her background details anymore; her name is fine.

***

By the way he is acting, being composed and still filled manners and self-control, Sir Kliest seems to be part of the nobility, but what family? I still hadn’t seen his family crest or symbol.

Elena thought as she was being carried, via her dress being bitten and carried by the Darkness wolf. The Darkness wolf was every adventurer’s nightmare, how did Arthur even tame it, they have almost the same intelligence as that of humans. And they also didn’t like being tamed, and was very powerful, that’s why they were considered SS-class monsters. But also, if tamed properly, they could become weapons that could destroy armies.

How did Sir Kliest even tame such a monster?

She was confused and amazed by such a mysterious and skillful man, not forgetting that he single-handedly killed a red-eyed ogre. She then thought of something.

If I could somehow make him join my side, I might be able to turn the tide of the civil war!

She thought, but then remembered about yesterday’s incident, on where Sir Kliest almost killed her, despite being royalty.

She covered her face in embarrassment and awkwardness.

Wait, I insulted him and his family! How can I make him join me!

***

I noticed that the girl had suddenly covered her face, I didn’t know why, but was she hiding something, well I mean she is royalty, and almost all royalty are self-conscious with their selves and their decisions. I mean like out of all the insults, she added ‘family’.

Walking straight on to the pathway of the forest, I finally reached a dirt road. Though I hadn’t expected to find a dirt road this early, plus I don’t know what this dirt road is even connected to.

[Road, where?]

I pointed at the dirt road and tried asking the Elena, who was finally able to get a hold of herself.

[I don’t know Sir Kliest, but I remember during our departure from my family's estate we took a road heading to the border of the Selvionis Kingdom.]

I wasn’t able to understand what she said, my nanomachine had only determined the words that I need for questioning and to start at least a small conversation.

“Admiral, she seems to be talking about [following a dirt road to a border town of the Selvionis kingdom]”

“Ah I see, so there are other nations.”

This road may lead to a town or city that is controlled by a nation, but I can't cause any suspicion, I need to do something about her credentials, she is literally wearing a colorful dress, like if that doesn’t arouse any goddamn suspicion.

[Can you trust me?]

I decided to ask her, I need to keep a low profile with this girl, I don’t want to be entangled with a nation’s authority. Her response was quite an odd one, she seemed to nod immediately.

[Yes! I trust you!...]

She suddenly yelled. Before finally noticing it and then embarrassment was seen across her face.

[I, I mean, you have that of the knight’s chivalry, so I mean, I can trust that you won’t do anything to me, as long as I don’t do anything to you]

Too long…

“Admiral, she seems to be talking about that you follow a code or chivalry that of a knight, and also something that as long as you don’t rape her, she will trust you… Rough translation, Admiral, it was too long, I need a dictionary.”

Rape… what the… I just asked if she trusts me.

I didn’t let that go to my mind and immediately forgot about it. After thinking of what to do, seeing how she and her escort reacted to Maule, it seems they fear Maule’s wolf species. Another problem is Elena’s clothing, who walks at a dirt road wearing a colorful yellow dress, with barely no escorts, like if that not gonna arouse any suspicion.

Finally I reached a conclusion, I signaled Maule to drop her onto the ground, to which he immediately followed. Elena was suddenly in shock as she fell to the ground, looking at me with caution and fear.

Does she think I’ll rape her?

I went closer to her, to which she responded with a sliding back on the ground and hitting Maule’s body. As I went closer to her I extended my arm to her, to help her up.

[take.]

I said to her. to which she responded without a word but then taking my hand, as she held my hand, I soon pulled her up to make her stand.

[We walk to town, follow road.]

I said to her as she finally stood up from the ground. She nodded back at me. Indicating that she understood what I said along with also trusting me.

***

If I try and gain his trust, I might have a chance with negotiating him to join me, but in the end, he is still a noble, I must a find a way to catch his eye.

Elena thought in her mind as Arthur was looking at their surroundings, before signaling his tamed Darkness wolf to enter the forest. But something bothered Elena, the Darkness wolf didn’t have a slave collar, if he sends him to the forest alone, there is a high chance that it will escape.

Is he not scared losing his Darkness wolf, that is an SS-class monster, but if he releases it, doesn’t that mean that he can capture and tame more?!

Elena speculated Arthur skills, she still didn’t know anything about his background or credentials, but he may be part of a noble family that is experts in both swordsmanship and monster taming, but what family could that be, there hadn’t been any Kliest family that had been recorded in their history records, she thought since he wasn’t part of their kingdom, then maybe he can let a third party join and back her side.

I definitely need him to aid us, if not, the entire Linoire bloodline would be eradicated.

14