Chapter 16: Maule’s Mission
357 10 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally seeing the smoke that was being emitted from the border town, Vilon. I let Elena rest on the ground, we took a little rest and will soon prepare for our long walk, since we walked for almost a few hours on the dirt road.

And as for Maule I walked near the forest and soon entered it with Maule, I looked at him and with my language I spoke to Maule, whom I already domesticated and tamed like a war beast used by Federation's Marines.

“Maule, it seems you have technically reached the rank of Marine Colonel, my current rank in the Marines is just a Major General, and without the support or permission from the higher ups, I can’t promote you to Brigadier, but I don’t have any hard feelings to you, you are a loyal subordinate, therefore I have a mission for you.”

I inhaled a small amount of the planet’s air, and looked at him.

“Since your rank is Colonel, you can start your own marine regiment, don’t worry on registering it I can manipulate the High command if I can get into contact with them, and as a Marine Colonel you have some abilities and authority in the Military.”

I prepared his mission and my announcement to him.

“Using my Authority as Marine Major General of the Galactic Federation, Colonel Maule, I give you permission to Form a Brigade, you are to follow this order immediately with haste, you shall not report back to me until you form at least a group 15 of reliable and responsible soldiers, Understood?!”

I shouted at him, to which he responded with licking me on the face, hopefully he forms at least a reliable and responsible brigade even if it’s just a small platoon or something.

“Your brigade will be connected to my fleet the 297th fleet, and you will be our first Marine detachment, known as the 1st Planetary landing Brigade, or “Wolf Brigade”.”

He was still sitting on the ground but finally after hearing my command, he laid himself down on the ground, from what he was currently doing I could tell he was protesting or disobeying my command.

“Are you disobeying my Order?”

I looked at him and asked, he replied with a yawn.

“GFURCMJ Article 90: Any Personnel of the Galactic Federation's Military that is found guilty of willfully disobeying orders to his superior officer, will be subject to immediate death penalty and on-the-spot execution if permitted by said superior officer… Colonel Maule, Under Article 90 of the Galactic Federation’s Uniform Regulation and Code of Military Justice, you will neither follow my orders immediately or I shall execute you on the spot.”

I said to him with a stone-cold glare, the same thing I did to my subordinates before executing some of them in the process, and as long as somebody is part of the Federation’s Military, all must follow the codes and regulations.

Maule reacting in a different manner from his previous rebellious side, stood up and pouted.

“Will you follow or face Punishment? Colonel Maule, It’s your choice.”

From his reaction he seems to have finally concede, he walked up to me and licked my hand before barking, and immediately running towards the inner part of the forest.

“Whether he returns back to me or not, I may take that as his resignation.”

I said to myself as Maule finally left the scene.

“Admiral, this may seem awkward but… how can you tell if it’s a male…”

My mind blank for a minute.

“excuse me… What?”

“Well it’s not like you knew it since you almost trained her nonstop.”

My nanomachine suddenly told me.

“So, she is a girl? I don’t know where your making a point? I treat all my subordinates equally whether they’re male or female as long as they disobey my command, I can kill them and throw them off my ship.”

“Not insulting you or anything admiral, I just said that Maule’s a female.”

“I hate conversations like this, do you have anything else to say, Micron?”

“None, Admiral.”

“Good.”

Finally, Me and my Nanomachine’s stupid conversation finally ended.

Then again if I look at it carefully, I only called it a male because of our fight, I don’t know a lot about animals, especially the one’s in this unknown world. How could I know if a female can be stronger or be equally as strong as a male.

My mind was confused.

[Sir Kliest, I’m ready for our departure may we go now?]

I heard Elena's voice from outside the forest.

[yes.]

I said to Elena, before leaving the inside of the forest.

I would appreciate it if Maule would actually return here with an army of wolves, seeing a female’s battle prowess and skill who knows what I can do with an army of Wolves like that, maybe I could even knock down an entire squadron of the Imperial Marines.

I already taught her the basics of commands, I just need to wait for the results.

[Sir Kliest, since you already let Maule go, we can now enter Vilon, if you still don’t know any of the basic words, I may help you in translating, and like you said I will hide my identity.]

At least this girl can understand what I said about hiding her identity, for a royalty she seems to be very matured, don’t most members of royalty stay inside their fortified castles and mansions and act all spoiled and rich. And if they go outside that want to attract a lot of attention 'cause well, they're royalty.

Maybe that was just my thoughts Afterall not everybody is the same as their stereotypes.

[Yes, thank you, we may go now.]

Without Maule, Me and Elena finally made our way through the Dirt Road and onto the Border town of Vilon.

15