Chapter 19: The Demon in the Sky
329 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Empire of Feor, Imperial Capital, Feori, Imperial Palace, Eastern Hallways.

The Emperor, Maximillian, and the Grand Sage were walking inside the well-polished and clean hallways of the eastern part of the Imperial Palace.

The Grand Sage admired the drastic changes of the Kingdom within the ten years of his sleep, when he was still alive the kingdom of Feor was just a small kingdom that had many enemies, now it rose as one of the central continent’s powers.

“So much has change in this Kingdom, who knew it would become an empire.”

The Grand Sage complimented the Empire’s drastic result.

“Yes, Grand Sage, it was father’s idea, it was a good solution that showed great results, but part of that solution costed him his life.”

“I see... you’ve also grown, Maximillian, with those looks of yours you can have almost every female in this new Empire.”

“You exaggerate my looks, Grand sage.”

The Grand sage complimented the once young prince, who has now grown into a handsome and well-built Emperor.

“If the kingdom changed, so did the people it seems? No?”

The Grand Sage asked the young boy, indicating that if the once weak kingdom turned into a rich empire, then the once poor citizens should have also prospered alongside the Newly established Empire.

“The people are still our citizens and I am still their Emperor.”

“I see, so not much still changed?”

“It would seem, Grand Sage, it only went into the pockets of those Nobles.”

The Grand Sage sighed.

“Greed cannot be forgotten, it is always part of our bodies and mind.”

The Emperor stayed silent on the Grand Sage’s response, and continued walking to palace’s dining hall for lunch.

Reaching the lavish and extravagant dining hall of the Imperial Palace, The Emperor and Grand sage were met with the senior nobility who were friends with the grand sage and the friends of the Grand sage that awaited his long return, though their number were small it was enough to give a smile to the Grand sage.

“Grand Sage, welcome back!”

“Grand Sage Saviouse, I have a waited 10 entire years for your return.”

“I was here in the Imperial capital when the messenger told me that you have awakened, good friend.”

“I too, have missed you old friends, it looks like I’m not the only that aged.”

The small group of mixed Senior Nobility and Senior Mages laughed, and welcomed the grand Sage’s return, that had changed drastically.

“Now shall we eat?”

The Emperor asked the group.

“I Ag-“

“His Imperial Majesty! I came to report!”

The emperor showing his cold face with a hint of irritation, decided to here the guard’s report, on such
an occasion.

“Demons! A Flying Demon has been circling the Capital since yesterday! Your imperial Majesty what should we do?”

The Emperor slowly got annoyed by the guard's report.

Why didn’t they kill it? why did they let it keep flying?

“Why didn’t you kill it?”

“It is too high above the sky for our arrows and ballistas to reach.”

“Then the Defense Mages?”

“The Demon seems to be going too fast for their magic to reach it, the guard captain has issued the command for high alert, since it may be an S-class Demon.”

“Reall-“

“Your Imperial Majesty, may I have permission to take a look at that demon?”

The Grand Sage interrupted the Emperor and gave an absurd request, well he was once the kingdom’s grand sage so he might have the chance to kill it.

“Then if you still have the strength, I permit you, Grand Sage, Saviouse Delato.”

“Thank you, Your imperial Majesty.”

As the Emperor Gave Permission for the Grand Sage’s request, they, along with the senior nobility and the Grand Sage’s Friends walked to the main hall and onto the palace front doors entering the Palace’s well defended bailey.

As they left the interior of the Imperial Palace and onto the Palace’s Bailey, there were almost hundreds of guards already stationed at the exterior along with mages calculating its destination.

The guards who were on full alert, noticed the presence of the grand sage and Emperor, along with the senior Nobility and Important Figures, Saluted and bowed.

“Your Imperial Majesty, we welcome you.”

All the guards and mages that were present, bowed to the Emperor.

“Carry on.”

He waved his hand in a command like style.

The guard Captain walked up personally to the emperor to report the demon’s movement.

“Your imperial Majesty, I shall report to you what the unidentified demon's movements have been. Ever since we have spotted it, instead of running or withdrawing away from the palace, it has been circling around the Imperial Palace’s ground, by its body structure we have identified it to be a part or branch of the 'scream demon'.”

Hearing the Captain’s report, the Emperor was confused on one single word.

“Scream demon? aren’t they mostly spotted in water, why is one flying and it even reach the central continent and my Capital?”

“We still have not identified it’s actions or what it’s purpose is here.”

“I see, then Grand Sage do you wish to continue?”

The Emperor looked at the Grand Sage and asked him.

“Yes, your Imperial Majesty, I would like to know if I am still the mage I used to be.”

“Then give us a good show.”

“I will, your Imperial Majesty.”

The Grand Sage walked forward, getting noticed by the crowds of heavily and lightly armored guards and intellectual mages, that they had started whispering to each other, being surprised and shocked of the legendary Grand Mage.

“Isn’t that the grand Mage?”

“I heard he recently awakened from his 10-year long slumber.”

Reaching a certain range away from the senior Nobility, his friends, and the Emperor. He would now test his magic capabilities and abilities that had been unused for 10 years.

“Detection Magic!”

The Grand Sage lifted his arm upwards into the Air, to which a magic circle had formed at the palm of his hand and tied aiming it at the demon.

“I see.”

The Grand Sage Murmured.

“Flaming Ray!”

The Grand Sage shouted and the Once gray magic circle had turned into a red-hot blazing magic circle. Slowly the spectators watched as burst of flames gathered on his palm, and it reach a significant size and power it was automatically released aimed at the destination of the Demon.

As the Ray of Flames was shot upwards and to the sky, the crowd cheered, The Grand Sage’s friends, the Senior Nobility, the Guards and Mages and the Emperor, clap and rejoiced as they saw the power of the Grand sage was still the same.

Now all they had to do wait until the ray of fire reached the demon, it was already enough to kill a human, let alone hurt a demon.

***

“This is SD 19, Python Division, I have detected heat energy amounting to a total of 97 degree Celsius and still rising, it is currently aimed at me, slight damage is inevitable, permission to retaliate SD 11?”

“Copy that SD 19, Permission granted, only shoot those that are showing hostility.”

“Copy that, SD 11, beginning strafing.”

The Drone that was identified by the locals as a “Demon” started its decent. Making the ray of Flames miss.

***
The Crowd noticing that the Grand Sage’s spell missed the demon and seeing it descending from the sky. Immediately panicked, some hid behind the walls and inside some sheds and stables, some protected the Nobles and the Emperor.

“Get the Grand Sage!”

The Emperor Yelled.

To which a small group of guards and a few mages listened and protected the Grand Sage.

***

The Drone finally hitting the right altitude, started its preparation.

“Beginning Strafing run.”

It armed it’s 2 medium automatic ray guns at its side, and started firing deadly beams that were enough to cut through an entire human body and light armor.

The sounds of the ray gun were not only heard from the low altitude the drone was flying in, but it’s dreaded sounds were also heard near the ground, making the Lifeforms fear it.

***

The sounds of the Demon releasing its deadly beams were heard throughout the castle’s Palace’s and mostly the palace’s bailey.

The bright beams of light that it released shot multiple guards and mages, defense was futile on its powerful magic.

“Defensive Magic, Air Wall!”

A Mage casted in front of a small group of guards that hid behind him, but it was no use, it was immediately broken, the beams cut through the magic wall like paper, killing not only the mage, but also 4 guards that were behind him.

The group that tried defending the Grand Sage were also slowly wiped out.

“Emperor You must hide!”

The Emperor seeing his men die couldn’t do nothing but hide inside his well-built and strong palace.

The ‘Demon’ continued it’s attack three times, circling the Imperial Palace and killing whoever was left at the walls and bailey and those that tried to fight back.

After it’s attack it left immediately, leaving the dead and lifeless bodies of the guards and mages, their blood became a pool that covered the palace’s bailey and were even splattered at the walls of the palace, its attack left only a path of destruction and death at the palace.

15