Chapter 21: Teaching an Admiral
341 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kingdom of Selvionis, Border town of Vilon

She was right about the clothing not being too revealing, this should do for now.

Elena thought in her mind, as she looked at her room's mirror. She wore an Adventurer like clothing, for her torso she was given a leather jacket and underneath it was a red shirt, that was tucked in a short white skirt enough to cover her sensitive parts, it could also be worn atop a breastplate.

Come to think of it, Sir Kliest, seems to have difficulty with the language, could it be he is not from around here?

Elena finished up wearing and packing everything she needed for the day and decided to try and talk with Sir Kliest.

She left her room and walked outside the inn’s small hallway, she decided to talk with Sir Kliest about his lack knowledge during their meeting.

She slowly creeped to his room and there he heard Sir Kliest talking in his native laungage, for her it was a language that she hadn’t heard yet, but who was he talking too.

Not being rude, she knocked on the door, to try and greet Sir Kliest.

“Sir Kliest, Good Morning, I have noticed that you lack the certain vocabulary of the language? Would you like me too help you?”

Though he didn’t open the door, he heard her voice muffled at the door and responded.

“Uh, yes.”

“Very well, Sir Kliest, I shall be waiting for you outside the inn.”

“Yes. I’ll be going there.”

***

Inside Arthur’s room, there was a large screen presenting all of the scout drone’s compiled recordings. But one caught his eye, one of the humans during the ‘Castle Incident’ used one of the planet’s elements like fire to attack his scout drone.

“How is that possible? There haven’t been any reports like that? is a human even capable of doing such a feat?”

“We don’t know, Admiral, but we do know that the man that did it is in fact, a biological human, structure, intellect, DNA, everything.”

Arthur was confused at what he was currently seeing, never in his life had he seen a human with that possessed those kinds of abilities.

The power to control the planet’s elements… is possible?

Arthur who disliked scientific and religious theories was suddenly persuade to also start his own theory about elemental control, though he was an expert in military theories for making most of them achieve its goal and becoming successful strategies and tactics, theories about science weren’t his thing.

“I want you to observe that man, I want to check if every human in this planet can bend this planet’s elements, if they can, this will fall into chaos.”

“Yes, Admiral.”

The Hologram of Lisa, after receiving the Admiral’s orders ended the transmission.

“Humans that can bend elements of nature, to think it is possible.”

Arthur talked to himself, was suddenly lost in his thought before remembering that he was about to meet with Elena.

Arthur not having any proper clothes except his officer uniform, decided to keep using his previous one, if he wore his officer uniform it would obviously grab the local populace’s attention.

So, he continued using his previous clothing until he was finally able to find another one, that was normal and didn’t attract any unwanted attention.

He continued to leave his room, and onto the Inn’s exterior to meet up with Elena.

***

What is Sir Kliest doing keeping a lady wait?

At the front doors of the Inn, Finally, Sir Kliest left the interior of the Inn and met up with Elena.

“Sir Kliest, I was able to talk with the locals and was able to find a small library, it should be enough for you?”

Elena asked Arhtur.

“Sure, I would love learn world language.”

“Not only, The Language about the other Kingdoms and continents too.”

Elena Added, to a confused Arthur, who barely understood whatever she said.

“We should go now, though I expect you too know quite a little about the world.”

***

They Entered the town’s small Library, to where they greeted by an old female librarian, taking watch of the library.

As soon as they entered, they were met with shelves filled with books and more books. Arthur was content with what the small library has to offer, for him it should be enough.

[Admiral, our primary objective is to find the planet’s Languages and it's written language and writing system, after that we can research and learn about the planet's nations and geography.]

Sounds good.

He was accompanied by Elena to the library’s section filled with dictionaries and those that were needed for basic education.

Which made Elena Dumbfounded, from her perspective Arthur seems to be a young man connected to the nobility, he is obviously skilled and powerful but by what he was currently doing he didn’t seem to have any basic education.

“Erm, Sir Kliest, Are you sure we are in the right section?”

“Yes, I need languages.”

“I, I thought you only needed the complex words not those that can are listed for basic education”

Arthur looks at Elena with an annoyed glare.

“Dislike it?”

His glare made Elena scared for a brief amount of time.

“U, um I, I will wait for you at that table.”

Elena requested to which Arthur silently nodded. Little did Arthur notice he was already holding 5 different dictionaries on his hands.

[That should be enough Admiral, most of the books will cover the basic words, as long as I can see the word, I can record it in my database and transport it to your Memory]

One of the Nanomachine’s Ability (Memory Storage and Transfer) it had the Ability to manipulate its user’s memory and extend what the normal human mind can contain without forgetting anything, Arthur mostly used it to record Military Tactics and Strategies and the names of important figures in the federation, he also recorded multiple hand-to-hand combat practices and different types of usages and practices for different types of weaponry, even swords and daggers.

Good, you seem to not be rusty during your unused state for almost a year, I think.

[I was never unused, Admiral, I was always used, healing and improving your health.]

Well then, thank you.

After their short nostalgia, Arthur holding 5 different books walked towards the table where Elena was waiting for him for.

“Sir Kliest, is that what you need? I also took some books about world history and geography.”

“Thanks, this enough.”

Arthur sat on the opposite row of Elena, and dropped his books onto the table, he took one and decided to open it at the book’s introduction.

But as he reach the first page, where the words were listed, he barely understood anything, no, he didn’t even understand a single word written on the book.

“Is there any problem? Sir Kliest?”

“Yes, I would need your help.”

“Then should I sit next to you?”

"Yes."

Arthur Requested, and Elena who was on the opposite of the table, sat near Arthur and taught him what those that were written to him.

Don’t tell me, Sir Kliest, Is Illiterate? Is he even part of the Nobility or just an Adventure wearing lavish clothing?

Elena thought as she was teaching Arthur the basic words of the Dictionary, they continued in an almost awkward manner, Elena being awkward about Arthur being almost illiterate and her teaching him.

***

An hour passed and to Elena’s surprise, Sir Kliest, had already finished the 5 books that he picked, in such a small amount of time.

“Thanks, Elena, the books and your tutoring were of great help to me, I finally both know how to read and write and fluently talk using the planet’s language.”

Sir Kliest Thanked Elena, to which Elena replied.

“You welcome, Sir Kliest.”

But surprising Elena, Sir Kliest, asked to read the books that she took from the shelves to him.

“About the books you picked, I would gladly read them.”

Elena caught off guard, in such a small amount of time he already wanted to continue, without any rest.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

Though Elena hesitated to pick the book, she thought that, Sir Kliest, was pushing himself to his limit but there weren’t any signs of it on his face, she continued to pick the book and continued to tutor him about the planet’s history and geography.

Another Hour passed and Arthur already finished all of it, even remembering the slightest details that were written on the book.

Elena Thought that, Sir Kliest, was not only a skilled adventurer, but there was a chance that he was also a scholar, with those memorization skills, even remembering the slightest detail, he could create potions and magic Formations with ease.

Sir Kliest, I definitely need him!

15