Chapter 22: A Fallen Princess
325 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 days had passed at the town Arthur was taking refuge in, he along with Elena had started getting along with the town’s locals, Arthur though a member of the military and part of the High Command, got accustomed with what the locals and townsmen were doing, like farming, cutting wood, etc.

[Admiral, we have yet to start our theory about the ability to control the Planet’s Element.]

I know, but what if it is only accessible to a limited amount of people? Like they were personally chosen to wield those skill?

Arthur was about to go the nearby lake for some fresh water, before walking to the town’s gate he noticed Wallon taking with another person who looked like a trader or merchant.

Arthur decided to step in to their conversation to talk about the planet’s currency and other important stuff like, non-government organizations, government organizations, resources, trade routes, and cities.

“Excuse me! Wallon, sorry to interrupt but who is that man?”

“Oh, Sir Kliest, this is our local merchant, he goes here to trade resources with us every 3 or 4 months…”

But Wallon’s face darkened.

“Well, like I said because of the Civil war, Sir Bernard barely reaches our town without being attacked.”

Arthur understood what Wallon said, since he once used guerrilla tactics and if your fighting against unfavorable odds, guerilla fighters tend to make use of the enemies supply lines as their own supply lines.

“Can I ask you a few questions?”

Arthur asked the Merchant, who introduced himself.

“Good morning, I’m Bernard, as Wallon said I’m a merchant.”

“Yes, how long have you been in the trading business?”

Arthur Asked the Merchant as they both shook hands.

“About 5 years now, I’ve taken my father’s job since I was 14.”

“I see, now let me get straight to the point, are there any trade organizations and what kingdom do they work for?”

Arthur immediately asked him, expecting straight and quick answers from the young merchant.

“Hmm, well there are a lot of trading organizations throughout the continent, but one that hold the most influence is, the Golden Trade Association, second to them, The Free Merchant’s Associations, those two are independent organizations, but their higher ups are mostly members of nobility.”

Arthur Nodded, finally understanding long explanation in the planet’s native language, his reading and studying didn’t go in vain.

“Then, next question, what are the primary resources that can fetch a lot?”

The Merchant was surprised at what Arthur said, he thought if her wanted to also be a merchant, which made him quite excited.

“Sir, do you want to also be a merchant.”

The Merchant got the wrong Idea and Arthur shook his head, not wanting to be merchant, he had other plans.

“I’m very sorry, but I was just asking.”

The Merchant gave a saddened expression, but he didn’t stop answering his question, he too was wrong for immediately thinking that Sir Kliest wanted to be a Merchant.

“Then, the primary resources, are mostly meat, iron, copper. If your planning on selling items for the nobility you need first, an ID from a trading organization for authenticity, they mostly want Gold, Meat, and decorations.”

So just the basic necessities then, but the nobility are really rich people to be buying gold objects and expensive decorations from normal merchants.

“Then another, what are the important trade routes.”

This question shocked the Merchant, that again, immediately thought that he was up to no good, for a merchant giving secret and important trade routes to commoners, was a no-go. He denied answering his request.

“I’m sorry, but trade routes cannot be revealed to commoners.”

Arthur, knowing that the young merchant might get in trouble, decided not to asked anymore, he could always use Elena’s status as royalty to reveal it.

“Then, when are you going to a city.”

“Well, I plan on staying here for a week before moving again.”

“I see, if your going to leave please call me, I just live at that inn.” Arthur pointed at the Inn he was currently living in.

The Merchant nodded and Arthur left. The merchant then continued their previous conversation with Wallon, who was just standing near the gate.

As Arthur was about to request the town gate to be opened, someone shouted from outside the wall.

“Please! Help us! Princess Leona is injured we need help!”

Arthur heard the yelling and decided to intervene, since his fake identity was that he was a knight the townsmen trusted him in taking control of the gate if needed. The guards didn’t ask any questions but they held their guard up at the people outside, even if they are royalty they were needed to identified.

Arthur reaching the top floor of the crude tower, were they first met with Wallon, started interrogating the group.

There he saw a group of 7 heavily armored knights, and one of the knights were carrying a severely injured young girl whose age was somewhere around 15 to 19.

All of the knights had blood on their armor, the young girl was also bleeding, but Arthur didn’t tell the guard to open the gate, yet.

“What kingdom are your from?”

Arthur asked the knight who was holding the girl.

“W, we are from the kingdom of Linoire, we were supposed to take refuge in the kingdom of Selvionis, but we were attacked on the way here, please just for one night.” 

The knight politely said, desperate to save the young girl, but hearing the name Linoire, made Arthur finally get a glimpse of why Elena was always avoiding questions regarding her background and what happened before they met.

“Sir Kliest, you’re an expert with this, should we let them in?!”

A Town guard who was at the ground yelled at Arthur, who was looking at them with a glare.

“Yes, they’re clear, but keep an eye to them.”

The town’s gate opened and the knights entered with haste carrying the bleeding girl to a infirmary somewhere where a possible doctor was living in.

But as the commotion inside the town started, Arthur talked to a town guard.

“I’m going to the lake, I’ll be back within night fall.”

“Yes, Sir Kliest.”

“Be careful with them, I heard there was a civil war in Linoire, they could be part of the rebelling faction.”

“Yes, Sir Kleist, take care.”

Arthur left the town immediately as the commotion started. Using the dirt road as a path to the lake, as soon as he knew he was already far away from the town and into the forest, he opened his Transmitter that he always carried in his pouch, and contacted his AI’s.

“Change of plans, I want a view on the kingdom of Linoire and their ongoing civil war, you may already know the coordinates my Nanomachine had already sent the picture of the central continent to the ship.”

“Understood, Admiral, we shall divert the 3 drones from Black Baron’s Division and move it to the kingdom of Linoire coordinates.”

“I want an immediate report.”

As Arthur finished giving his order, he stopped the transmission and placed the transmitter back into his pocket, suddenly his Nanomachine asked something.

“Admiral, if I may, why did we divert 3 scout drones to a kingdom that is experiencing a war?”

Arthur already had an explanation.

“Obviously if you noticed how she was acting towards me, she is finding an opportunity for me to be in her debt… Basically she wants me to use my skills to save her kingdom.”

“Then, why are you going to comply with her plans.”

“easy, I want her to owe me.”

The Nanomachine didn’t understand what the Admiral meant.

“What do you mean, Admiral.”

“If I save her kingdom, of Course, she will be in debt to me, I don’t work for free, but if the rebels can give me an offer that is very advantageous to me…”

Arthur then stopped talking for a second, and continued.

“I can just betray her.”

11