Chapter 25: The Fall of the kingdom of Linoire (Part 2)
297 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An army of heavily demoralized Linoirean Knights retreated away from a burning town, the knights only having a remaining 3,000 men, started questioning their allegiance.

“Didn’t you hear? The army under Marquis Karl got defeated by the rebels and now on the retreat.”

“The rebels are nearing the capital do we even have to stop them? We’re already defeated.”

“two Rebellions in the north and south, what’s else? An invasion from the west?”

The knights heard multiple rumors that dropped their morale, fighting in the south against a slave rebellion and fighting in the north against a rebel army. Was something the knights and other members of nobility were tired of, they neither had the support of other nations and even their own allied nobles.

“Baron Hess, do we still have to fight? Why not just give the rebels their demands and concentrate on the slave rebellions?”

A knight asked a baron that was currently on horseback near him, severely injured.

“I don’t know, don’t question the royal’s orders.”

He said in a denial like manner, he didn’t want to answers the knight’s questions.

At the front of the retreating line, was the third prince Fredrick Linoire and his younger sister, Leona Linoire, both heavily demoralized at their defeat to a bunch of armed slaves.

“Brother, can we still win? We can’t fight on two fronts.”

Leona asked his brother.

“I don’t know if we can win, but as long as we still see hope we can.”

Fredrick Linoire, the third prince of the Kingdom of Linoire, was still at a young age of 22, he was as you can say a handsome prince, with light golden hair and a well-built body, he was an outgoing man, even in politics he befriended multiple nobles for backers and supporters, he was respected within the Linoire nobility. He was both a skilled knight in swordsmanship and had even little knowledge in magic, defensive types, that is.

“Say, Leona, do you still have mana? I’d like to talk to father.”

“Though, I feel dizzy, I might still have some.”

“Good, just teleport as to the castle, Marquis will take charge of the retreat.”

“If you say so.”

Though, Leona hesistant as to what his brother was about to do since he was a clever strategist, sometimes there are battles he just can’t win.

“Marquis!”

Fredrick yelled at his nearby right hand on horseback, a young marquis, Jian Vret. Who upon hearing his name immediately went near the prince.

“Your highness?”

He was confused as to why he was suddenly called by the third prince.

“I want you to take command, you may settle at your estate for the time being, I need to talk with father for a bit.”

“As you wish your highness.”

He bowed and joined the front of the marching line, he was at the right of the prince.

Finally calling the Marquis, Fredrick looked at Leona and nodded his head, signaling to use teleportation magic.

Leona closed her eyes and visualized the place that she wanted to go, the Linoire Royal Castle, which was at the central provinces of the Kingdom.

She started chanting in a language that was not even recognized in the continent and only mages were allowed to chant it.

“Teleportation Magic!”

She suddenly yelled, and a  large magic circle appeared at the bottom of their horses and lit up, as it lit up at it’s center a beam of light blue light appeared and went upwards to the sky.

in seconds the bodies of the royal family members and their horses disappeared as the light also disappeared.

Leaving only the Marquis at the front of the line.

“Well, I better rest my army for now.”

***

Royal Castle, Central Provinces of Linoire, Kingdom of Linoire.

In the hallways of the castle, the king, Horan Linoire, was escorted by his fourth Daughter, Elena Linoire and several loyal nobles.

“Your highness, this is a victory for the kingdom, we halted Baron Sives’s army.”

A noble was telling the king in a praise like manner

“Yes, yes, but we can’t celebrate now, one battle can’t decide an entire war, both armies are tired and exhausted, not to mention we are not using the bulk of our force on them since the Slave rebellion in the south is growing.”

The king in a serious tone told his noble.

“But, Your highness, the morale of our army is at an all time low, we can’t keep them like this.”

The noble was eager to let the army have a rest and celebrate a grand victory.

“Morale is important for the army, yes, but if we waste our rations for your festivities, what are they going to eat?”

The noble immediately went silent and dropped his head, stopping his request.

In the other end of the Hall way a Royal guard ran to the king and his group.

Panting, because of running from the gate to the third floor, he still continued his report.

“Your highness, Third Princess Leona and Second Prince Fredrick has returned!”

He reported to the king, to which the king, upon hearing the news was delighted.

“We will talk later, I must talk with those two.”

The king ran with the guard that had reported to him to the gate, where the two siblings were waiting. Leaving Elena and the nobles alone in the hallway.

“Princess Elena, his highness really spoils your youngest sister.”

Elena feeling ashamed replied.

“Well… I don’t have any problems… but still, she’s still my sister and don’t forget she is a skilled mage.“

“Yes, I didn’t forget that, anyway we will have to go now, we still have multiple problems concerning deserters and traitors.”

“Yes, yes.”

Elena nodded and walked at the opposite way of the hallway, but until she was stopped by a noble’s warning and went immediately silent.

“Princess Elena, Lizards tends to camouflage themselves near their enemies, snakes tend to escape when caught, which of the two do you think is a coward?”

12