Prologue
200 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why are we here? Just to suffer? 

What started as an exciting adventure soon crumbled into madness as we were picked apart one by one. At first it was the Royalty and Nobles that wanted to control the heroes they summoned. Then came the church, whose goal is to groom the heroes into vessels for their gods.

My friends and I made a hasty decision to escape from it all. That came with a heavy price. I lost two of my best friends to an assassins while my childhood friend, lost in her own insanity, shot herself before we made it to a frontier town. Of the original five, I soon became the last man in the squad.  

Before me, I was forced to watch a dragon consuming the carcasses of my last two friends. Their bodies were dismembered not by the dragon's sharp teeth but of the explosive strapped to their waist which was their kamikaze attempt to buy me time to escape. But that ended in failure as the dragon’s tail pierced through my body. Right before I could make the escape. The dragon placed me against a rock facing towards the direction of the dead body of my two friends. I knew it wanted to see me break in despair but I already knew deep down that  I was broken long ago. I closed my eyes to remember my friends' faces as they slowly faded away from my memory. These memories are all that’s left of my happiness. 

Death never came however I heard someone whispering into my ear.

“What a pitiful child. I hope this second chance will bring you happiness”

I opened my eyes to look around for the source of the voice however what I saw before me was all too familiar. I unintentionally muttered out

“What the fuck?”

5