Chapter 3: A Snag.
210 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I was escorted to my room by the maid assigned to me, I immediately closed the door after she exited the room.  I then jammed a chair to the doorknob while looking around for one more object to keep the door firmly locked from the inside. I decided to use all of my strength to move the wardrobe that is next to the bed. Since the bed is adjacent to the door it is easy enough to drag it across the floor.  I gave the wardrobe a nice kick to make sure it is firmly locked behind the chair.

I made my way to the bed and lied down on it. I stared up at the ceiling and let out a deep sigh.  It is not a sigh of tiredness but the realization that avatar bodies are unlike normal human bodies. 

“As much as I hate to admit it. My countless years of strength and experience I had invested in my game avatar, will later become my real body in another world. Who would’ve known. I wonder how my friends are reacting to their discovery...?”

I turned my body to the left and stared out a window that have a full view of buildings and mountains. There were a red moon and a white mood together, at first I thought it was a pretty sight. However  it reminded me of the day when the red moon was completely while a village I was suppose to protect became a river full of blood and corpses.

I quickly shook that memory off. I then proceeded to check myself out by pulling out a surveillance drone from my back waist pouch. The drone itself is a small round and  compact.  I used my right index finger to tap the drone, there was a small beep indicating the drone is online. Using the same index finger, I tapped my eyepiece that is covering my right eye. 

The device is called a “Tactical Eyepiece” and it’s primary function shows a heads-up display. It includes a green-colored semi-transparent screen where tactical information appears. It can also take in verbal command to give the user easy accessibility to other functions such as inventory, load outs, cash shops, squad orders and many more to list.

A bunch of numbers starting popping up and later I was greeted with a boot up sequence I am well familiar with.

[System Online....

User Data Found..

James Hunter.

Auth code: Sierra Delta 9

Logging in..

Connecting to UNSC Command...

Connected!

Locating Personnel...

Found!

Uplinking Tactical database.

MadMax...Online

Lei....Online

Jane...Online

Jammin...

Error!

Unable to connect to Marine personnel.

Scanning biodata...

Blood loss detected...

Stress level at 50%

Operator under high duress...

Recommend medical attention.]

I am looking at something worrisome that my heart skipped a beat.

“Locate Marine Jammin. Identification code: Sierra Papa 6”

[Code: Sierra Papa 6.... Confirmed.

Locating Papa 6...

Located!

Pulling up helmet camera...

Error!

Papa 6 have not set up live cam.

Connecting to Papa 6 audio.

Stand by...]

[Connected!]

[“We won’t ask you this a second time. Since we were nice enough not to kill you after witnessing you freeing the sacrifice.

What are your special abilities along with your friends!?”]

“Oh Jammin.... what the fuck did you get yourself into....?”

I sighed after hearing Jammin spit at his captors. I immediately sent a squad order since everyone is already connected to the UNSC battle network.

[Marine Papa 6 taken as hostage.

Assault this Cabin here.]

I gave myself and my squad the way point to where Jammin is held. A message from Lei arrived shortly after I gave the order.

[Eliminate or Subdue? This is human life we are about to take.]

I replied to her with a simple answer.

[Wing it.]

I opened the window after I equipped myself with the ODST jet pack that I took out from my armory. I jumped the “Leap of Faith” as the door I so carefully reinforced were being banged on.

4