Prologue: The Bloodied Field.
555 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a field filled with blood and bodies stood a young man at the center. The young man could be seen holding onto a wounded young lady, with her head lifted on his lap. He tried desperately to hold the gauze down to her abdomen where a sword was impaled. He knew she was losing a large amount of blood and if not treated soon, she would go into shock and die. The young man kept yelling for help in hopes that his allies would come to his aid, the lady knew she has little time left before darkness consumes her consciousness.  Using what is left of her strength, the lady opened her mouth in an attempt to see his smile once more. At first, she coughed out blood which garnered the young man’s attention.

“Hey, Zhu. Remember the first time when we met, in a field similar to this?”
The man named Zhu looked at the lady in surprise but realizing what she is trying to do, he tried to get her to save her strength.
“Stop. You need to save your strength. Help is definitely going to come. Just hold on for a bit longer.”

Zhu again shouted for help in his loudest voice.

“Medic! I need a Medic here! Come on….”

The lady looked at Zhu and let and a light sight. She tugged onto his clothing to get his attention.

“You saved me from an assassination plot. You took me in and trained me in your art of ‘gunfighting.’ Most importantly, you stood up for the weak. That is one thing I like about you.

The lady coughed out blood again and in response, Zhu took out his white cloth and wiped the small stain on her lip.

“You have righteous ambitions, Zhu. But you should know that there is a limit to everything, including hope. You can’t save everyone and be the hero that you envisioned to be.”

The lady on Zhu’s lap placed her right hand on his cheek.

“Please do not stray from your path. Follow your heart.”

The lady gave her last breath as her right hand fell lifelessly to the ground.

Zhu clenched his fists as he knew that she is right. He had always dreamed of becoming a hero fighting for the sake of saving people. However, he knew deep down there have to be sacrificed to achieve peace. He also knew that not everyone will see eye to eye to his belief and ambitions.

Zhu closed the lady’s eye before standing up. He took a long look around the bloodied field and let out a deep and painful sigh.  Humans at their core are violent creatures and they crave nothing but domination and power. It is the same in his old world and as much as he admits, it is the same in this world. This world is filled with nothing but liars and pain.
Zhu unholstered his pistol that he kept in his combat boot. He cursed himself for being a naïve fool and to the people that summoned him to this world.

“It’s the same there and it’s the same here. There are no happy endings... That is my realization and my failure.”

Zhu muttered to himself before pointing the barrel of the pistol to his head. He closed his eyes and pulled the trigger. A single sound of the pistol being shot resounded throughout the field as the sky began to rain down.

A girl wearing what seemed to be a kimono and holding an umbrella casually walked over to Zhu’s lifeless body. At first glance one would assume it is a normal girl however if they were to inspect her closely, there were two animal ears protruding on her head and a tail on her back. She took some time observing the two lifeless bodies before letting out a giggle.

“This is unexpected. For a Hero from another world to be head over heels to my kin.”

With a swipe of her hand, the lady’s body began to emit a bright light. After the light faded, in place of the body was a fox. However, the fox’s body evaporated into small particles when the girl placed her hand over it. She then turned and stood over Zhu’s body.

“That girl really does like him. Well… there is nothing I can do about it but to fulfill her request. I’d rather not face her wrath.”

The girl started to chant in a strange language while placing her hand over Zhu’s body. Soon his body was covered entirely in bright lights. When the lights dispersed, Zhu’s body was nowhere to be seen.

The girl stood up and walked away from the bloodied field while muttering to herself.

“I’m dying for some Inari right about now.”

Hello folks! I know this Chapter should've been up last sunday. But there some mistakes I discovered that I had to edit to make it sound better in third person. I know it's still kind of rough but I will do my dammest to make it enjoyable!

15