Chapter 3 Part 1: Outbreak of War, but let’s investigate gacha cheat
305 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 It has been a few days since Zhu disappeared, however his disappearance caused a huge commotion. Aside from the ambassador requesting the borders to be tightened, the other “Heroes” started talking amongst themselves wondering what had happened. They were not the only ones, as nobles and invited guests from other lands started to join in on the gossip. One of the noble ladies was chatting to one of the “Heroes” regarding the events that had transpired before.  From what she had gathered from her colleagues, it would appear that  a demon broke into the castle and kidnapped the corpse of the dead hero that the church was guarding. However according to the “Hero”, there was no break in but the corpse that the church was guarding disappeared.

“Like I said to the other nobles that came before you, there was no break in… However, if you want a firsthand account, it’s best you ask that hero over there. I think his name was Aaron?”

The “Hero” pointed at a young teenager with brown hair talking to the king.

“He keeps saying he got ‘tased’ right before the explosion.”

The noble lady gave her thanks to the “Hero” and made her way over to the king and the “Hero”, Aaron.

“Good day, Hero Aaron. My name is Yoko from the Kitai Kingdom of the East . I was told that you were there before the explosion?”

The noble lady that introduced herself as Yoko bowed politely to Aaron and the king. Aaron and the king bowed back to her before recounting the events he had experienced. 

“Good day to you too Lady Yoko. As I had told the king before. I was making my way back to the summoning chambers to get something I had dropped.”

Aaron started to lower his voice to avoid getting eavesdropped.

“I heard the church knights complaining on the other side. As I was about to open the door, I made out two voices that did not belong to the knights.”

Aaron paused a bit.

“One voice sounded mature and the other one sounded playful.”

Both Yoko and the king looked at each other as if they were silently judging Aaron.

“Wait wait. Don’t take it like that!”

Aaron panicked as he suddenly felt he was being judged.

“What happened next?”

Yoko asked as she became interested in Aaron’s tale.

“There were shouts and screams along with laughter and giggles. To be honest, at first I wanted to run the hell away from there.”

Aaron quickly swiped his forehead

“I never got the chance as the door flung open, knocking me back.  I only saw silhouettes of a small girl leaving the room and behind her was a girl about your height…”

Aaron paused again.

“That girl was about to put a bullet in my head however I heard a males voice ordered not to and that’s when I got tased.  I couldn’t see him but I felt like he was behind me when I lost consciousness.”

Yoko and the king were deep in thought. However the king decided to excuse himself first. Which left Aaron alone with Lady Yoko.

“When I came to. I noticed the knights that were in that  room were moved out and placed near me.”

Aaron noticed one of his friends was waving at him to come over.

“Pardon me Lady Yoko. My friend wants me over. I apologize for my rudeness.”

Aaron bowed to Lady Yoko one last time before scurrying to his friend. 

Yoko was left alone to process the information she was given. She silently muttered to herself that no one could hear.

“This is an unexpected turn of events. I need to get to him before the others learn about his ‘existence’.  The future must not repeat.”

With that Lady Yoko slid away and began her journey back home. During her travel, she would soon receive  word that Forenzo Empire, with the assistance of the New Order Church, had declared war on her homeland. 

She knew it was a matter of time before war came to her homeland however she did not anticipate the church to use the “Heroes”.  

There were speculations that the Forenzo Empire and the New Order Church were seeking out a rumored village home to special kitsunes that held insurmountable magic. They believed those kitsune were blessed by a long forgotten goddess. 

A couple miles south from the border of the Kitai Kingdom that intersects with Forenzo Empire’s border, Zhu and his two allies are trekking over a mountain. 

“Masterrrrr! Look! Disgruntled soldiers are making their way to that fort over there. Should we kill em?”

Zhu looked at that killaholic small girl and sighed.

“No, remember what I said about leaving the kingdom that summoned me without  making  a huge mess?”

The girl whined

“But Masterrrrrrr. They might drop good loot.”

Zhu decided he had had it with the spoiled brat and he used his fist and nailed her in the head.

“Rev. Do not make me store you back in there.”

Rev, the little girl who had been spewing nothing but killing went quiet.

“Rev. Should I teach you proper etiquette to be a proper lady?”

A maid came from behind Zhu which startled him.

“Good god. Eliza. I know you are a combat maid and all but holy fuck. You move like a ninja.”

The maid Eliza giggled and bowed towards Zhu.

“That is my profession as an assassin ‘Doll’. My job is to keep you safe and keep you enemies… deader.”

Ever since Zhu left that dungeon, he had been regretting picking out Eliza the Combat maid and Rev, the murderous Loli that have a habit of killing. 

Ever since he was summoned, Zhu took the time playing dead to grasp his situation and somewhere along the way, he discovered that he kept his original powers from the game world and primarily the power of gachas.

Unfortunately Zhu does not have the rank requirements to roll the “Elite WarChest”. He could only pull from the “Common WarChests” which contains everything from weapons, buildings to aircrafts and ‘Dolls’. “War Chests” can only be bought with war bonds which are obtained by killing “Leader” type enemies. 

Zhu noticed a small cave in the mountains and decided to make camp to further investigate the extent of his powers. He ordered Rev to stand guard by the cave’s entrance while Eliza is heating up tea.

11