Chapter Three: Contract
1k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanaka opens up her inventory to check all the items she has collected, she has slain over 6 thousand blue slimes so she has some random items.

[ Slimes core x 147 ] [ Rare Slime Whip x 47 ] [Orc Ear x 2] [Iron ore x 4] [Return scroll x 1] [Healing root x 7]

The way GAIA LIFE drops works is that every mob has a low chance to drop something random, the item drops range from a monster material to a legendary gear. The probability of these drops is still currently unknown as the drop seems to be absolutely random, it's not unusual to see player all around the game wielding never seen before weapon or wearing armor from an unknown origin. The day GAIA LIFE officially release it announced that the game's official weapon consists of around 170 thousand weapons and 62 thousands variant of the armor sets, there is also crafting and smiting feature that allows a player to create and customize their own equipment so that there is an infinite amount of unique gear around the game.

Lastly, she checks her current currency.

[ 1031 G ] 

With the gold she has, she can fully equip herself with the best armor in beginner town. Tanaka gets out of her room and head downstairs of the inn, as she walks past the innkeeper, the innkeeper suddenly speaks.

I - "Stay safe Tanaka-san."

T-"Will do, thanks."

Tanaka replies with a smile on her face, suddenly she paused and stops talking, she turns around to look at the Innkeeper and the innkeeper is smiling back at her. Tanaka is shocked, back then the innkeeper will never speak to you unless you interact with him, not only that now the NPC has speaks to her without interacting it also shows signs of emotion. 'How peculiar' Tanaka thought to herself, she then give the NPC a nod as she leaves the inn and heads toward the beginner store, while traveling, she found a hooded figure in an alleyway. Tanaka is really happy to have encountered this random event, the hooded figure is known to purchase Slimes Core at around 120 G each, the store around Gaia only buy them at the price of 40 G.

Tanaka walks toward the figure and interacts with the figure, as she arrives in front of the figure, the man looks at her and ask for a password.

T- "Slimes is our salvation."

M-"May Cintra guide you."

The password is obtained from a quest line about the slimes cult, the quest is one of the favorite quests for Tanaka so she remembers the detail of it extremely well. After the man responded, a transaction menu shows up in front of Tanaka.

[ Slimes core x 147 >> 17,640 G ]

[Accept? Y / N]

Tanaka press on the Y icon and make the sound 'Cha-Ching!' The transaction is completed and a new notification shows up, this time however she feels like swearing.

[Received 14,112 G]

[Hardcore mode transaction tax 20%]

"......they really try as hard as possible to make my game harder." Tanaka close the notification and accept her fate, she walks away from the alley after that. Suddenly the man grabbed her from behind and pull her hand deeper into the alleyway, the man then takes off his hood and reveal the Slimes cult symbol on his forehead.

M-"Do not leave yet sister, our mother has a duty for you to fulfill, you see, recently there's a slimes outbreak in the southern part of the training forest, a slimes knight has lead around 20 blue slimes to attack any adventurer they see. Mother wishes for you to slay this slimes knight and bring peace to the slimes community, do not fret as the slimes have lost mother protection, it will be weaker than usual."

T-"Right...I guess I can try, but first, show me the quest detail."

M-"Here you go sister."

A gold quest menu shows up in front of Tanaka.

[ Secret* A rogue Knight ]

Level recommended: 0 (Difficulty will be adjusted according to the player level)

A Blue Slimes Knight has gone rogue from Cintra guidance, exterminate it as of Cintra will, and bring peace to the slimes community.

Reward:

Cintra favor + 50

Slimes contract UC ~ L (Uncommon to Legendary)

[Accept quest? Y / N]

 

Tanaka read the quest detail and smiles appear on her face, a contract allows the player to summon a familiar from a range of rarity, a new player gets their first contract around level 70. If she is lucky she might even get a legendary ranked familiar and it will help her out a lot on leveling. Cintra's favor is also extremely good early on as she can access a few locations that most players can't ever access if they never trigger the slimes cult quest during their level 200 questline. 

Tanaka press on the Y icon without hesitation and leave the alleyway, this time the man didn't stop her and just gives a bow while muttering whispering 'May Cintra guide you'. Tanaka leaves the beginner town and heads toward the southern area of the training forest, she has already forgotten to buy her starting armor. 

As she arrives at the southern area of the training forest, a player runs past her while screaming.

P-"Get away from here! There's a crazy slime hunting down every player around the area!"

Tanaka grabs him and ask where the slimes are, the player point toward the west side of the area and proceed to run away again. Tanaka heads toward the pointed area while taking out her Slimes Mallet, she sneaks around the bushy area and looks around for the rogue Slimes knight. After a few minutes of sneaking, she finally found the slimes knight that's on a rampage, it just stabbed a player that is lying on the ground. The player dies and perish into pixel as the blue slimes knight hop up and down as if celebrating its victory, about 7 blue slimes hop out of a nearby bush and bounce around the knight seemingly to praise it.

"Time to end the party."

Tanaka dashes toward the party of slimes and increase her Mallet size, the size doubled in size until it stopped as her AGI reach 1 and STR increased to 55. She brakes right in front of the slimes party and swings her massive mallet across them, all the slimes along with the knight get smashed away and get fling away backward. All of the regular blues slime vanish into pixel and the blue slimes knight wiggle around strangely seemingly in a concussion, the slimes knight attempt to defend itself by raising its shield, it is hilarious to Tanaka watching the blue slimes knight raising its shield against the tree it smashed it body on. The blue slimes knight seems to be in a state where it can't properly identify its enemy, Tanaka walks toward the blue slimes knight and raise her mallet high, she then smashes it right on the slime and it flattens and perishes into pixels.

"Seems like losing its blessing from Cintra really weakened it a lot." She then walks toward all the dropped loot and picks them up, it is nothing special just the usual random drops. Tanaka head back into the beginner town and find the cultist.

At a different alleyway, she spotted the familiar cultist once again, she walks toward him and completes the quest.

[Turn in quest? Y / N]

She presses on the Y icon, a completion notification shows up.

[Congratulation! Quest completed!]

[ Secret* A rogue Knight ✓ ]

Reward obtained:

Cintra favor +50

Slimes Contract R (Rare)

 

Getting a rare contract is good enough for Tanaka, she accept it with joy and decided to use it on the spots. She opens up her inventory and take out the slimes contract, she then proceed to read the contract out loud.

"By the grace of Matok god of beast, I hereby pledge to form a contract on this noble soul, may our bond be stronger than the blood of life."

As she finishes reading the pledge, the contract shines in golden light and vanishes into pixels, a soft gold glows than manifest on the ground. When the glow fades away, a silver slime appeared on the spot. The slimes wiggle its body up and down as if it's inspecting Tanaka, It then hops up into her embrace. Tanaka is wondering if it's the same as a usual contract where she should name the familiar, however, she is a little surprised by the slime's action as she has never contracted a slime familiar before, it is then the man starts talking.

M-"Congratulation sister, you have contracted a silver slime. To complete the familiar contract, you should give it a name."

Tanaka nods and looks at the slimes, she remembers that silver slime is a tank variant of slimes, she then names it "Vanguard". The slimes wiggle its body as if it accepted the names, a notification then shows up in front of Tanaka.

[Familiar contracted!]

[Silver Slimes 'Vanguard']

Behavior: Protective

Ability:

Body Guard: Silver slimes can attach themselves to the player's body part and harden themselves to protect against incoming attacks.

Slimes drill: Silver slimes can change their shape into that one resemblance a drill, can be used to mine material, or throw on the enemy to inflict piercing damage.

 

"Sweet, you are pretty useful huh." Tanaka pat the slime's head, it wiggles around making happy blob noise. Tanaka then remembers that she needs to purchase some armor, she then waves goodbye to the cultist and heads toward the store. She bought a set of beginner armor and equip them, now she finally looks like a proper player. 

"Time to do some quest, Vanguard."

Vanguard the silver slimes fuse into Tanaka's bracelet, Tanaka smiles and head out to the adventurer guild.

 

45