Chapter ten teaser
666 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanaka hugs Vanguard as she gets up from the ground, she then jumps down from the stage.

As she walks toward the checkpoint exit, she remembers that she has obtained a hardcore badge. Vanguard merges itself into Tanaka bracelet as she opens up the inventory to inspect the item.

[Hardcore Badge]

This item can be used on any dungeon to increase the difficulty, stackable.

Upon using this item, all dungeon mob including the boss will have all their stats increase by 20%. 

Rare drop chance +2%

 

T-"Stackable huh... maybe I can find some quest that gives more of this badge."

As Tanaka leave the checkpoints, she can see multiple groups of player hanging around the area. From her experience, she identifies these players as guild recruiters. Most of the guild in the game is always on the lookout for talented new players, they would send out their members to scout out newbies and recruit them into their guild in this area.

Tanaka ignores the recruiter and tries to walk away, then suddenly, a player approaches her and block her from advancing forward.

N-"Hey they miss, let me introduce myself! My name is Nathan and I am a level 172 Paladin, so why am I telling you these you might wonder, well here's the thing, I am very interested in you!"

N-"Well in your item actually, not sexually, although you look really good, hahaha!"

T-"Not interested."

N-"Huh, you haven't heard what I am about to ask you."

T-"You are going to recruit me aren't you?"

N-"Well...uh, yea."

T-"Yeah not interested."

 

After Tanaka's refusal, Nathan crosses his arm and stares at the sky while thinking. He then looks at Tanaka and sighs.

N-"You aren't a newbie are you?"

T-"Nope, now scram."

N-"Can I make you reconsider?"

T-"Tell you what, if you don't stop bothering me, I will stay right here and convince every new player not to join your guild."

N-"Alright, I give up, but please, if you ever want to join a guild, remember the name Oblivion Rose!"

Nathan gives a small bow and moves on to another newbie that just crossed the checkpoints. Tanaka continues her travel, she soon reaches a field full of flowers. The second area may look relaxing but it's hidden with danger, one such danger is a giant plant mob that has a head of a sunflower with ten thorny tentacles. One of the mob emerge from a patch of flower and attack Tanaka. She immediately back away until the mob tentacles can't reach her, she focuses her vision on the mob and a piece of information shows up.

[Jakuuna Himawari]

Level: 18

HP: ████████████████████

 

T-"Too bad for you I am not a newbie."

The sunflower mob has limited range on its attack as it's immobile from being rooted in the ground, any player can easily avoid them if they pay extra caution to the surrounding and back away when it emerges. Most newbie dies to this trap early as they underestimate the mob due to its level, however, the difficulty of some mob in the game is not sorely determined by its level. For example, if a gladiator that haven't unlock a ranged skill fight against a low-level harpy, the gladiator would stand no chance as it has no way of injuring the harpy. Using the same theory on the Jakuuna Himawari, fighting against a mob with 10 relentless and consecutive attack in close range is suicidal.

The only mob that is easier to deal with is the flower fairy, this fairy is around level 22 but they are fairly easy to kill. The fairy attack pattern is always the same, it will always fire a magic bolt at the player around 6 to 8 times and then proceed to land on a flower to recover its mana, when it landed it's practically defenseless and the player can engage it for a free kill. Tanaka plans to grind on these fairies until she reaches level 20, it will be a breeze as long as she is careful and avoid the Himawari monster.

Tanaka sneaks around the flower field and she eventually finds a fairy resting on a flower bud, she sneaks toward the fairy as close as possible and orders Kumo to fire a toxic shot at it. Kumo fire a toxic shot at the fairy with high velocity and it hit accurately, the fairy scream as it falls to the ground, Vanguard then emerges from Tanaka's bracelet and bounce toward and stabs the fairy dead.

T-"With Kumo and Vanguard around, this is way too easy."

Right as Tanaka said that, the earth around her begins to shake and a crack form, red root started to emerge from the crack, and a loud shrieking noise is heard coming from it...

 

Announcement
A short teaser for you guys, I need to take a break, and also I will be spending today gaming. Stay tune tomorrow for Ch 10!

 

After 9 chapter, what do you think of the progression?
  • Way too slow. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slow and steady. Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Feels alright. Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Fast but not too rush. Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Progression do a zoom! Votes: 1 3.8%
Total voters: 26 · This poll was closed on Dec 25, 2020 01:25 PM.
26