Chapter eleven: Gear up
663 8 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanaka checks on her new skill while traveling to Capital Nozumo, first, she checks the description of Hell Blast.

[Hell Blast]

Summon 4 balls of hellfire that float around the user in a clockwise pattern, the ball of hellfire will explode in a cone shape toward the entity that entered its trigger radius, dealing devastating damage and burning the target.

Hell flame cannot be extinguished with water magic or holy spell cleanse, the flame can only be weakened to its weakest state using holy water. The flame will only extinguish itself if the caster dies or the victim dies.

She smiles while staring at the description, knowing that she has gained a really strong defensive skill that can either keep the enemy away from her or destroy anyone that dare underestimates the ball of hellfire. She then proceeds to check on the carnage skill that she kind of able to predict what it is for.

[Carnage mode]

Each time the user take or deal damage, there's a 3% chance for carnage mode to activate. When carnage mode is activated, the user will gain a temporary 20% increase in their level for 10 minutes. The user will also have their stats temporary increased from the level increased and also they will obtain random temporary skills, skill rank range from common to legendary. All the benefits will disappear upon the expiration of carnage mode.

 

T-"Hmm...it's kind of like the stronger version of blood lust skill, this might save me in a tough situation."

Tanaka then turns her head toward the right and stares at Kumo, she wonders if Kumo will also enter carnage mode since they both share a soul. As she continues to travel down the path, Vanguard and Kump would protect her by killing off the mob that spawns near her. After a few minutes of walking, a player approaches her from the direction of a nearby forest.

P-"Miss! Can you please help my friend, we were leveling in the forest and suddenly we got attacked by a group of marked players, my friend is struggling to defend themself and they asked me to run and call for help. They can't even log out of the area because they are in a PVP zone, please miss!"

Tanaka stares at the direction the player comes from and frown, she immediately knows that the area the player just come from is a red zone, a red zone is an area where PVP between player is allowed and encouraged, killing a player in a red zone will be rewarded by obtaining a random unbound item from the dead player, a certain amount of gold will also be dropped by the dead player. The player tries to grab Tanaka's hand to act pitiful but she slaps his hand away.

T-"Which type of idiot grind for level in a red zone? There are plenty of safe around Capital Nozumo to raise their level in, if you ask me, they are either retarded or they are marked player luring newbie for easy loot."

P-"No I swear! Please you got to help me, my friend will all die soon if you don't hurry!"

T-"Show me your party list."

P-"Huh?"

T-"I say, show me your party member information on your party list."

P-"Umm...that...ah yes! I left the party accidentally while checking on my friend status!"

T-"......"

 

Tanaka takes out her mallet and increases it to maximum STR, she then swings it right at the player. The player barely dodged it by jumping backward, however, Kumo also responded by firing a toxic shot at the player. The toxic shot hit the player right on the chest and he quickly checks his status, when he realized that the shot has dealt huge damage and also poisoned him, he tries to quickly chuck an antidote, Vanguard bonce toward him from the side and stabs him in the rear.

P-"Tsk! A beast tamer, I ain't dealing with this shit!"

The player quickly escapes as he disappears into the red zone forest. It appears that the player has misunderstood Tanaka for a beast tamer, in this game players are only allowed to have one familiar summoned at a time, however for a beast tamer, they can summon up to 8 familiar. But for some reason unknown, Tanaka is able to summon both Kumo and Vanguard without restriction, she guesses that it might have something to do with the Kumo contract being one created by Baal.

T-"Vanguard come, turn into armor, for now, best not let others think I am a beast tamer."

Vanguard bounce toward her and swallowed her up, it then turns into a set of light mithril armor. A beast tamer class is extremely strong and many guilds are on a lookout to recruit one if they see one, beast tamer themself is weak in combat stats but they can easily change the tide of battle with their many familiar, the requirement to obtain the beast tamer class is also extremely tedious as it requires one to slay the legendary beast and obtain a certain amount of familiar contract. Legendary beast in this game is not to be trifled with as they are as strong as the minion of Baal dungeon, Tanaka knows this as she previously has slain all 4 legendary beasts in the game, she even received the prompt to change her class into a beast tamer but she eventually rejected it.

After dealing with the nuisance, Tanaka continues her travel. Sometimes when she is staring at a red zone, she can see a few players eyeing her from within, probably scouting out her location and prepare for an ambush if she decided to enter the red zone. She ignores them and carries on, Tanaka then opens up the forum while walking, she checks for any interesting news but alas she found nothing.

After 20 minutes of walking, she finally reached the 3rd checkpoint connecting the beginner town and Capital Nozumo, she enters the checkpoint and approaches the travel guide. The travel guide on each checkpoint will have a teleporting feature that allows the player to instantly travel to the closest city from the checkpoint, as she arrives in front of the NPC, a blue notification shows up.

[Fast Travel to Capital Nozumo]

[Fee: 500G]

[Activate teleportation? Y / N ]

Tanaka presses on the Y icon and a blue circle appear around her, she then slowly turn into a blue pixel and manifest right in the middle of Capital Nozumo. She then looks around and observes her surrounding, it's all familiar sight to her, tons of players around doing quests and conducting their trading business. She advances toward the player bank to retrieve a few items and accessories.

As she arrives at the player bank, she walks toward the receptionist and accesses her bank. A menu appears in front of her and she checks on all the item she has, after a throughout check, she has made sure that all her item before she activates hardcore mode is still in her bank with the exception of gold. She can't use most of the item within the bank as most of it is high-level end game equipment, she retrieves a few items that do not have a level restriction and all of the material she has. After making sure that she has everything she needs, she closes the bank menu and proceeds to enter the player blacksmith next door to the bank.

The blacksmith is unique as it functions as a separate space for each player, each player that enters the blacksmith will be transported to their individual blacksmith in a dimensional space so they will not be disturbed during their smithing. Tanaka walks toward the anvil and opens up the smithing menu, she glances at the menu to check which smithing recipe she has for her class and current level. The menu shows the following item.

 

[Oni Soul Mask]

[Oni Gauntlet]

[Oni Chest Armor]

[Oni Bottom Armor]

[Oni Crimson Boot]

[Necklase of damnation]

 

Tanaka check the detail on each of the items and starts to create them, the result is not the best as her smithing skill is low but she is satisfied for now. As put on the Oni set, a notification appears in front of her.

[Oni set 5/5]

Set bonus:

Demonic Touch - All physical attacks will be infused with burning properties, dealing STR x 20 damage per tick to the target for 5 seconds.

Demonic Aura - Any hostile entity within 8 feet of the user will suffer from the aura, reducing their stats by 5% and burn 0.5% of mana every second.

 

As she observes the notification, another golden notification shows up and covers up the set bonus notification.

[Class change possible!]

Demon Slayer -> Crimson Oni

Requirement-

Class : Demon Slayer

Gear set:Oni Set

Level:NaN

Alignment: Neutral

 

[Do you wish to change class? Y / N]

[Warning: Class change is irreversible unless the requirement is met!]

 Tanaka stares at the sudden appearance of the class change notification, she walks toward a stool and sit down on it.

T-"This doesn't make sense at all... how does a demon slayer turn into a demon?"

 

 

 

Do you want to see the gear information? (Next ch)
  • Yes. Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Just passing by... Votes: 1 10.0%
Total voters: 10 · This poll was closed on Dec 28, 2020 05:55 PM.
25