4.Lesson
1.3k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

note:Sensei means teacher.

The Next Day

The classroom for my lesson in will be in the castle's study, I'm sitting on a chair, in front of me is wooden desk, on top of it is a notebook, my instructor Armen, is standing in front of me while holding a book, this remind me of a classroom.

Today mark my first lesson with Armen, before Armen started his lesson, he told me not to call him by his name, I need to call him as 'sensei', the reason for that is because it is an Artana custom.

After I agreed to it, he then begin the lesson, today lesson is a magic lesson, he firstly introduced magic to me.

"I'm guessing that you already have an idea about what kind of thing magic is, aren't I correct?"(Armen)

"Yup, magic is one of the thing that make the life of the citizen easier."(Sophia)

"You're correct about the usability, but do you know about magic source?"(Armen)

"Sensei by that, you must meant about 'Mana' right?"(Sophia)

"That's right, good job Sophia ? "(Armen)

"Ehehehe."(Sophia)

Sensei then give showed me a thumb up, he then patted my head, I'm happy by sensei's praise.

"To put it simply, mana is the energy of life, it exist in everyone and everywhere, inside our body there is an organ that absorb the energy."(Armen)

"Sensei, where is this organ located?"(Sophia)

Sensei then pointed his finger toward his chest, he then said "It is around here", I then asked him once again.

"Sensei, isn't that where the lung is?"(Sophia)

"The organ that I'm talking about is the lung, the lung have another function, when you inhale (breathe in), air enters your lungs and oxygen from the air moves from your lungs to your blood, the mana in the air also enters your body on the same time."(Armen)

"Now I completely understand about it, so our lung does have that kind of function."(Sophia)

"Wait..... Does that mean you already knew about the lung function?"(Armen)

"Nope, I just read in a book, that mana also exist in the air, that made me have a thought, do we living being absorb the mana inside the air while we breathe, sensei's lesson just cleared that up."(Sophia)

"Sensei is happy by that, you're a really smart girl Sophia, it took sensei one whole day just to understand that when my father taught me."(Armen)

"Ehehe, you can praise me more if you want to."(Sophia)

"Anyway, back to our lesson, because every person in the world is different, that also meant our mana capacity is also varied."(Armen)

"Capacity?, our organ have a capacity?, that the first time I heard of that."(Sophia)

Sensei then take out the blackboard from behind the bookshelves, he then start to draw some picture on it.

"Imagine this, your body is a half-filled cup of tea, the tea here refers to mana, on the other hand, this mug here is Sensei's body, even though the mug is also half-filled like your cup, the amount of tea is different. That's what I meant by capacity."(Armen)

"Ooh, I understand now."(Sophia)

"By the way, do you know that there is some places in the world that have high mana density, the only thing that could survive there is monster that has evolved to adapt to the environment."(Armen)

"What sensei meant by that is 'Dungeon', right?"(Sophia)

"For the first time, you're incorrect, what I meant by that is actually 'Labyrinth'."(Armen)

"Dungeon and Labyrinth, aren't they just about the same?"(Sophia)

"The mana density inside a dungeon is the same as outside, while the mana density inside the labyrinth is really dense, there is also the rarity to find one, but we will discuss those in the next lesson."(Armen)

"Okay then, so what is the connection with the labyrinth and a person mana capacity, I can't find any connection."(Sophia)

"This is the connection."(Armen)

Sensei then started to draw once again, this time he drew a picture of tea overflowing from the cup.

"This is what I meant, let say your mana capacity is around 5000, when you enter any high density area and you didn't used any magic even once, your body then will absorb the mana surrounding you, that's still okay, but what do you think will happen if you over absorb the mana?"(Armen)

"You will faint....I guess?"(Sophia)

"You're correct, In the worst case, you will die if you didn't exit the place."(Armen)

"...."(Sophia)

"Back to our lesson, magic user from all over the world called the capacity as Mana Capacity, pretty straightforward name right?."(Armen)

"I guess so?."(Sophia)

"Anyway sensei, teach me how to use magic."(Sophia)

"To cast a spell, you need to have a clear image and goal of the spell in your head, after that you just chant the spell name, for example."(Armen)

Sensei then hold out his hand, he then chanted a spell.

"Water Ball"(Armen)

In an instant, a small blue magic circle appeared on sensei's palm, a jiggly ball made out from water then came out from the circle, I was fascinated by it, Armen then said.

"This spell is called as Water Ball, this is one of the lowest grade water magic, I used this spell because it is easy to cast and practically harmless."(Armen)

"Can I also use it?"(Sophia)

"Since you are the daughter of the queen, I think you might have the attributes, anyway, it never hurt to try."

Hearing that, I then stand up from my chair, I then stand beside sensei, I then picture the spell in my head.

"(A sphere ball made out of water.)"(Sophia)

"Here I go."(Sophia)

I hold out my right hand, I copied sensei movement perfectly, I then chant the name of the spell.

"Water Ball"(Sophia)

A small blue coloured magic circle then appeared on my palm, from that magic circle came out a perfectly spherical water ball it is not the same as sensei's jiggle water ball. Sensei was a bit suprised when he saw the ball.

"Good job Sophia, you did it perfectly on your first try, now, it should appear on your status."(Armen)

"What will?"(Sophia)

"You will find out soon."(Armen)

After sensei finished saying that, a familiar interface appeared in front of me, it is the same interface that I saw when I was still a pup/baby.

"Water Magic [Lower] has been learned"

After I read the sentence, I then said to sensei.

"Sensei, it says here, I have learned water magic, is it normal to learn it like this?"(Sophia)

"It is the norm in this world, everyone is born with this weird thing, a certain Wise called it as 'status', since then we also called the interface as status."(Armen)

"Anyway, Sophia you must already know what 'Status' is right"(Armen)

To be honest, I didn't give the interface any kind of attention until today, I then said to sensei.

"All I know about status, is that status is our life written in numbers and word."(Sophia)

"You're not wrong but you're also incorrect, let me explain a bit about status, either way it does have some connection with today lesson."(Armen)

"Status basically is a numerical value of your abilities or talent, the interface will appear if you focus enough or when you want to do something so badly [reference to chapter 1]."(Armen)

I then tried focusing on the status as sensei said, the interface then appeared in front of me.

[Sophia Von Schnee] [Level: 4] [Race: Snow Wolf] [Age: 3 Years Old] [Status: Healthy]

[MP: 10000/10000]

[Title: Reincarnator, First Princess Of Reinhardt, Prodigy]

[Attribute: Water, ???, ???, ???, ???]

[Magic: Water Magic [Lower]]

[Skill: Fast Learning, Easy Learning ]

"(So this is how my status look like)"(Sophia)

From what I could see my status is not a status a 3 year old should have.

My mother actually had taught me not to tell anyone about my status, of course at the time I was still ignorant about the interface.

She said, showing my status to other people is dangerous because if would be like showing people your strength and weaknesses.

"Judging from the look on your face, I think you've already saw your status, it would speed up our lesson if you could tell me about your status."(Armen)

"I guess that's okay, sensei what part of my status do you want to know?"(Sophia)

"If you could, please tell me about how high is your mana capacity is or in simpler term how much mana point do you have."(Armen)

I then checked my status once again, I then shyly said to sensei.

"My mana capacity is about 10000."(Sophia)

After sensei heard about my MP, he looked kind of suprised, he then calmed himself by saying.

"I guess I could at least expect this much from the daughter of The Overlord and The Empress."(Armen)

After sensei has calmed down, I then said to him.

"Sensei, because you already asked me about my Mana, it would be nice if you could tell me about your's mana capacity."(Sophia)

"We, Artana have much more lower magic capacity than other races, because of that, we can use magic using the mana from our surrounding."(Armen)

"So that means you can use magic infinitely, is that right sensei?"(Sophia)

"It is half-correct, like I just said, Artana uses mana from the surrounding area, so what will happens to the area after their mana get exhausted?"(Armen)

"The surrounding area will be dead until their mana recovers naturally."(Sophia)

"You're correct, because of that we Artana only fight when we're needed."(Armen)

"Now I understand."(Sophia)

"Anyway, back to our class, this crystal ball here could tell you about what kind of elemental magic attribute that you're specialized with."(Armen)

Sensei said that while showing me the crystal ball, since I entered the study, I immediately noticed the ball, but I didn't pay the ball any attention.

"Even though so, it doesn't mean that you can't use other attributes, if you used other attributes than you would notice that their firepower would decrease a bit, but if you train the attributes, you could reach the same level as anyone who specializes in it."(Armen)

"What do I need to do to activate the ball?"(Sophia)

"It is pretty simple actually, you just need to put your hand like this."(Armen)

Sensei then put his right hand on the ball, the ball shine, suddenly, a magic circle came out from the ball, the circle then enveloped the whole room.

The room then were divided into four different areas, if I could describe the experience then I would describe it as seeing hologram.

The first area is an exloding volcano, the second one is the blue sea, the third is the raging typhoons and lastly, the great mountain.

Out of all of those area, the typhoon area is much more bigger than the others, while I was fascinated by the scene, sensei then said.

"As you can see, the areas mean than I specialize with Fire, Water, Wind and Earth elemental magic, out of all of those I'm much more specialized in wind magic."(Armen)

Sensei then pulled his hand back from the crystal ball, all of those areas then instantly disappeared.

Sensei then asked me to put my hand on the ball, after I did as I was told, 5 different areas suddenly appeared.

It is the snowing land, thunderstorm, the blue sea, a raging typhoon and the great glacier, each of the area is as big as sensei's typhoon's area. Sensei then evaluated the area, he then said.

"From what I've seen, the meaning of those area is, snowing land, that refers to your racial traits, and on the same time there is also a thunderstorm, both of those meant weather magic and lightning magic. The blue sea refers to water magic. Raging typhoon refers to wind magic.The great glacier equals to ice magic. You can use 5 different elemental magic, you're really amazing, Sophia."(Armen)

"Thanks for praising me sensei."(Sophia)

As I said that, I then gave sensei a big smile, sensei then returned my smile with an attractive smile.

In a blink of an eye,1 year has passed since I started my lesson with sensei, since then I've learned a lot of things from him like Courtesy (mastered in one week), how to play some musical instrument (mastered all in two weeks), out of those instrument I loved the violin the most.

[The list is in the spoiler below]

Spoiler

Royal etiquette, how to play musical Instruments, foreign language, Advanced Mathematics, History, Science, Astronomy, How to dance, How to put on a fake smile and etc.

[collapse]

Other than the lesson, I spent 70% of my time spending time with my family and the rest is for myself.

It has been a year since sensei became my instructor, I enjoyed all of his lesson, sensei is the very image of an instructor, his lesson is quite fun and easy to digest.

Inside the study, while I was waiting for sensei, I could smell the fragrance of spring whenever a breeze came inside the room.

Sensei then came inside the room, he then brought me to the courtyard, my lesson for today is cancelled, sensei said that he would test my abilities today.

"As I said a few days ago, today we will hold a test for you."(Armen)

"Wha-"(Sophia)

"Your test for today is to land a damage to me and to make it fair for you, I will only use water magic. Are you ready Sophia"(Armen)

"(This is useless, once sensei is like this, he won't listen to me.)"(Sophia)

"I'm ready."(Sophia)

"Now, let's start the test."(Armen and Sophia)

End of chapter

Next chapter will be a battle.

If I made a mistake please comment below

34