6.5: Armen Von Herven
907 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Armen's POV>

Inside the primordial ice, while being encased inside the ice, Armen thought to himself.

"(Where am I?, Am I dead?)"(Armen)

All I can feel is cold, it is like all of my other senses were numb, it's very² cold, for some reason this cold feeling felt familiar.

I've remembered!!........This cold feeling is the same when Sophia first practiced her Ice Magic.

I felt like I was frozen inside an ice, the coldness is spreading all over my body and I can't even move an inch.

My memories is currently a bit fuzzy, I then tries to remember the last thing I did, I then remembered about the Artana Magic Test

"(I remember now, while I was holding Sophia's test, my instict took over my body, after a while fighting with her ,I've stepped over her magic trap and here I am.)"(Armen)

"...."(Armen)

"(Can I even escape from this ice?)"(Armen)

While I was thinking about that, I then tried to use several high grade magic to break the ice or escape but it was useless, for the last resort I even used a communication skill.

"Break Spell"(Armen)

"Spatial Magic:Teleport"(Armen)

"Thought Transmission"(Armen)

"(I've never seen an ice like this, magic and skill can't be activated inside it and for some reason I'm still alive)"(Armen)

After a while inside the ice, I'm now accustomed to the Ice temperature, for some reason I'm feeling a bit sleepy, If I close my eyes and sleep, maybe the coldness will disappear when I wake up

That sounded like a good plan, just when I'm just about to close my eyes, my instinct for some reason screamed at me to not do it.

This instinct is known as the Artana Instict, we Artana is born with it, it will appear when we the Artana race became excited or our our life is in danger.

Our eyes will start to shine (it shines more over time), our bodies and magic will became much more stronger, but the price for it is equal.

Our body will gradually loses the feeling of danger and fear, while we're defenseless the instinct then will control our body, we then became uncontrollable.

In a nicer wording, we became battle junkie, (the Artana people can learn how to control their instinct as they get older)

That same uncontrollable and untrustworthy instict told me not to give in to my desire and do not close my eyes, I Have no other choices but to do as it says, neither did I sleep nor close my eyes.

I wonder what happened to Sophia? Is she safe?, I remembered when the instinct controlled me, I did all kind of things to Sophia, I even nearly killed her.

Even though she has unbelievable ability for a 4 years old, I still did bad things to her, I've decided, the first thing I'm going to do after I get out of this ice is to apologize to Sophia for what I have done.

With that goal in my mind I then waited and waited. For some reason, when I opened my eyes, I could see a girl with a skull mask, floating above the ice while saying "Is he dead yet", she might possibly be the grim reaper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being in this ice makes me remember about my past, maybe it is one of the characteristics of this ice.

My name is Armen Von Herven, I was born into the royal family of The Kingdom Of Magic,Agnestia as the second prince,

Agnestia is also commonly known as The Southern Kingdom. The royal family consists of my father, mother, elder brother, me and my twin sister.

Father is the king of this kingdom Merlin Von Herven, he is also known as the Magic King, he is a wise king and a caring father, I truly respect him from the bottom of my heart,

My mother is the queen, her name is Rifira Von Herven, she is a strict, loving and kind mother, I can proudly says that out of my siblings, I'm the one that dote on her the most.

My one and only elder brother Johann Von Herven, he is the next in line to become the king of Agnestia, to me he is a funny and cool elder brother, he is my idol and also my rival.

My twin sisters is Anna and Annie Von Herven, they're my cute and loved little sisters, If I could define each of them with a word it would be the Devil (Annie) and the Angel (Anna).

I'm quite happy with my current life but it changed after that fateful day, my family and I were doing our own work, suddenly,one of the palace official came to my father office and he (Official) reported that there is a giant crack appeared at the sky of Fradnight, Fradknight is one of the most important city in the kingdom.

My father took me, my older brother and several elite Artana to Fradnight, when we got there, I was shocked because the sky literally cracking and there are even fragments of the sky is on the ground.

inside the crack is like an unknown dark dimension, my father then ordered the Artana and us (Armen and Johann) to cast the ritual magic 'Greit Histoire'.

"Everyone take your position and start chanting"(Merlin)

The 12 of us then made a circle with my father at the center, all of us then hold each other hands and start chanting

"Час тече, як вода в річці, Зупинись, Не буде повним, Не змінить напрямку, О судження, правителю часу, я прошу тебе дати нам свою велику силу безсилим, будь ласка, переверни потоки часу в цьому місці"(Everyone)

"Ritual Magic: Greit Histoire"

Spoiler

Time flows like water in a river, Will not stop, Will not be full, Will not change direction, O Urteil, the ruler of time, we ask you to bestow us your great power to us the powerless, please turn the streams of time in this place

[collapse]

The ritual magic was effective, the fallen fragments of the sky then is returning to their original places piece by piece.

I'm quite relieved that it works but my Artana instinct warnes me to stay vigilant, it looks like everyone here also got the same warning.

I then looked around but there are no dangerous or suspicious looking things, just before the last fragment returned to its place suddenly, a giant black hand appeared from the crack.

The crack which is just one step away from recovering then were enlarged by the hand, from the enlarged crack I could see a pair of red eyes watching us.

I was terrified by the unknown red eyes, the black hand then moved to our location, the hand then grabbed several Artana including me and my elder brother but he (Johann) saved me and me alone with his magic.

"Don't you dare touch my little brother, you bastard."(Johann)

"Masteria Prima"(Johann)

Some sort of holy barrier instantly covered my body, when the hand touched my body, it instantly released me.

The hand might couldn't stand holy attributes, just before I could fall to the ground my brother shouted

"ARMEN!! YOU HAVE TO LIVE!!"(Johann)

After successfully taking my brother and several others the hand retreated into the crack, the crack then closed perfectly. Before the crack closed I thought I could hear something but I fainted.

"מיסיע מצליח"(???)

Spoiler

mission success

[collapse]

It has been several years after that incident, I'm now 25 years old, since then I have never set foot outside of the castle ground, I spent my days researching about the crack.

Without I noticed, it has been decided that I will be the next King of Agnestia, I just feel sad when I thought about my brother.

After losing my brother, my heart feels hollow, my family filled up some of the hollow spot in my heart but there are still a spot that is missing,my heart stays hollow until that fateful letter came to me

The letter came from The Overlord of The Northern Kingdom, Reinhardt. I've only met The Overlord a few time when I was little but I didn't expect at all that he would ask me out of all people to teach her daughter Sophia.

From what I've heard, The Overlord daughter is this century prodigy, after I heard about some other rumour about her, I then started having doubt if I could teach a prodigy.

But for some reason I have a feeling that If I accept this offer I might be able to fill up the remaining spot in my heart, after thinking carefully I then accepted The Overlord offer.

I then start packing my stuff immediately and I'm headed to The Royal Capital Of Reinhardt, Sibelius. At the altar, I then said to my family that I will return home 2 times a month.

I then make my way to the Long Range Teleportation Altar and the teleport mage there asked me if I'm ready, I, without a single shred of doubt answered 

"I never felt this ready."(Armen)

"Spatial Magic:Long Range Teleportation"(Mage)

"Target:The Northern Kingdom,Reinhardt"(Mage)

With a blink of an eye, I then arrived at an unknown castle garden, I'm not really sure if I'm in the right place,

"Did I arrive at the correct place?, his majesty did write the teleportation coordinate here though."(Armen)

While I was thinking about that, a little girl suddenly tugged my coat, I then asked her.

"What is it young lady?"(Armen)

"Flower..."(Girl)

"Flower?, what flower?"(Armen)

She then pointed all over the garden, I then noticed my mistakes, when I arrived here via teleportation the flower that is in full bloom then were flown away by the impact of the teleportation.

I then apologized to her but she said that I should better apologize to the flower than her, she also told me to repair the flower, I then did as I was told, it is my fault after all, I then asked the girl.

"Little lady, can I know if this is "The Gletscher Castle"? (Armen)

"Yes it is, what kind of business do you have here?"(Sophia)

And that is how I met with my first student Sophia Von Schnee, she is a 3 years old girl but she looks a bit taller than a normal girl.

Her race is the rare Snow Wolf, her fur when she is in her beast form is icy blue and when I asked her if I could pet her, she then easily gave me permission to do it.

Her fur is silky and quite soft because she always take great care of it, after spending day after day teaching her about magic, I feel like there are no more empty spot left inside my heart, they are completely filled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After reminiscing the past for a while, I still kept on waiting. By the way, The grim reaper? had already left a long time ago.

According to my internal clock, I've been inside the ice for about an hour and a half, i then could hear the sound of ice cracking, after a few minutes, the ice then disappeared and I was free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I opened my eyes, I'm inside the medical room inside the castle, I then were shocked by the visitors inside the room, my Father, Mother and Little Sisters is waiting for me to wake up 

Just by looking at them is enough to make me let out a tear. Father immediately noticed that I has already wake up, he then called everyone.

"Rifira, Anna, Annie, quick come here, Armen has finally wake up."(Merlin)

"Really!?"(Everyone)

My whole family then gathered beside the bed, they then said to me one by one.

"We've been waiting for you Elder Brother"(Anna and Annie)

"You've finally wake up, you made all of us us worried you know."(Martha)

"I'm glad.. I'm really glad that you've woke up from that long sleep."(Merlin)

All of them said various things to me while crying, I can't hold my tears anymore, because of that I also cried,while crying I then said this to them.

"Everyone, I've been blessed to be born into family, thank you very much."(Armen)

Johann, even though you're not here I'm really thankful to you for saving my life.

End Of Chapter

f you spot any misspelling or mistake please comment below.

25