. The Forest, The Slime And The Dragon
578 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few minutes of walking from the city gate, I then arrived at the plains that Nick told me about.

When I arrived there, there is not even a single soul there, I was all alone, I'm really grateful for that.

The spell combination that I'm about to use might be a bit dangerous to other spectators, it might even have a permanent side effect to other people except me.

I never actually used this spell combination in real life, I've only used this spell in sensei's magic training dimension, the side effect of the spell is enough to broke the dimension.

Before I start preparing the spell, I firstly warmed up my body, because the spell combination put a lot of strain on my body.

After using the spell for the first time, I remembered having an intense muscle cramp all over my body, which is healed immediately by the castle's elixir.

While reminiscing about that incident, I then had finished my warm up, I then form the sequence of the magic combination inside my head.

I then started the sequence with enhancement magic.

"First, I need to enhance myself."(Sophia)

"Enhance Resistance, Speed, Defense and Damage Delay"(Sophia)

If I didn't buff myself to this extent, I with this 7 years old body might die, that's how powerful and dangerous this spell combination is.

"Next is the lightning buff."(Sophia)

"First Step: Flash Step"(Sophia)

Spoiler

Step is the name of Sophia's trigger, she used it when the spell she is going to use have many stages, she can just cast her spell without saying the step, but because it is cool she always use it.

[collapse]

My step is now much more lighter and my speed has also increased, I then move on to the next step.

"Second Step: Lightning Boost"(Sophia)

After I casted the spell, electricity then is flowing/coiling throughout my whole body, the feeling of the electricity reminded me of the time when I used an electric massager in my old world, now for the last step.

"Aero Barrier"(Sophia)

A barrier that is made by compressing the air around me then manifested In front of me, the purpose for this barrier is to defend myself from any type of threat.

If the spell works properly, I could probably get to the forest in about half an hour, now all I need to do is just wait for my body to get accustomed with the spell combination.

After being accustomed with the magic, I then started my way to the forest with just a light step, suddenly I felt something weird.

I then noticed that the bird in the sky has stopped moving, on the same time, there is a lightning that is about to hit me, I then evaded it, even after a few minutes, the lightning still hasn't reached me.

It looks like time has stopped, no.... It is just that I'm moving so fast that my surroundings seemed to stop.

Because the spell combination that I just used isn't time magic, it might have a severe side effect to my body, I might as well call this as quasi-time magic.

I remembered reading in a book that you can stop time by travelling at the speed of light, as massless particles do, but this is impossible for a human.

Once again, I was suprised by the thing called as magic, anyway Shimizu said that Troika Forest is located 10 miles south of the royal capital, I then started to walk toward the forest.

About what I had just said about reaching the forest in 1 hour, I would like to take that back, for each step I take, the scenery changed, it's like a miles/step, with just 10 step, I then crashed to a hard surface.

"...."(Sophia)

Even though I had just crashed to something hard, I still doesn't feel any kind of pain, it looks like I had just crashed to a tree.

"Ouch."(Sophia)

Because of the damage delay and enhanced defense effect, the damage is delayed for a while and i only felt a little pain. 

"I swear there isn't a tree in front of me earlier wait......where the heck is this place?."(Sophia)

After looking around, I then realized that I was no longer at the plains anymore, when I saw the place that is in front of my eyes I then said.

"It looks like, I have arrived at my destination."(Sophia)

Yup, I'm currently at the entrance of the Troika Forest, and it's look like I've arrived here in a just a few second (to me). I then dispelled all of the buff spell.

My senses then returned to normal, I can see a bird flying around, in just a second, I then heard a loud thunder coming from the direction of the plains that I was before, I was truly startled by it.

The thunder also reminded me of the time when I dueled Asche for the first time, his lightning magic does 'shocked' me a lot.

When I turned around after I heard the thunder, I then realized that there are trails of burned grass all the way from the plains to here in a straight line.

There is also a some sort of road? I guess?, the road is enough for a person to wall through it, the road also seemed to have no obstacles on it, it is a plat road, I then figured what has happened.

The burned grass is the effect of the friction between my magic enchanted boot with the grass, while the road is created by the wind barrier, that's why I didn't feel any obstacle when I arrived here.

Anyway, I can't call this spell combination as successful but I also can't call it a failure, I thought I could copy some of my favorite move from a certain character in a certain anime, leaping from place to place in high speed using lightning magic. I really wanted to do that but I failed today because I'm too fast.

When I get back home, I need to seal this magic combination inside my forbidden, sealed and dangerous magic grimoire, written by me.

Spoiler

The grimoire content also included The Third Step, Cocytus and many more.

[collapse]

I then entered the forest, when I first enter the forest, I was in awe by the spring coloured forest, the ancient trees with different shades of green leaves.

For each step I take, I could hear twigs cracking, I can see the birds is flying freely on the tree, and a hares that is running for it life and a Killer Eagle that is hunting the hares.

The eagle using it's razor shard feather then sliced one of the hares body in half, the eagle then eat the whole hares in just a bite.

"......."(Sophia)

I was left in daze by the disparities of the beautiful forest and the brutality that I had just seen. If not for that last one, I might forget where I am and what I came here for.

"Keep yourself together Sophia, remember what you came for."(Sophia)

After I encouraged myself, I then walked around the forest to search for the herb and the green slime, after a while walking around, I can't even find one of it.

I then remembered, that if I transformed myself into my beastmen form, I can try to search the slime and herb by their scent.

"Transformation Magic"(Sophia)

I then turned into my beastmen form, fur then appeared on my hands and legs, my eyes then turned into the beast eye.

Spoiler

Sophia currently have 3 form, wolf, human and beastmen, in her human form she actually prefer to let out her ear and tail because it is cute.

[collapse]

My sense of sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch were drastically sharpened, because of my sharpened sight, I can see the mana particle much more clearly.

The only time that I used this form is for magic training with sensei and the royal family fighting style training with my parent. 

I then stand still, I firstly close my eyes to increase the accuracy of my other senses, I then used a technique called as 'mana manipulation' to gather pure mana to my hand.

When there is enough mana on my hand, I then clapped my hand once, the effect of that is a loud sound.

'Booom!!'

The loud sound then spreaded throughout the forest, I then used the echoes to get vague idea of the forest, I could hear all kind of sound such as monster's heartbeat, movement and etc.

Using mana manipulation once again, I then gathered the surrounding mana to my nose, I read in a book, that every mana has their own smell, after smelling the mana, I then have a clear idea of what kind of creature and plant that is in this forest. (obviously I dispersed the mana back to it's place)

I actually have a chance to smell a mana herb earlier at Marie's Store, that's how I can differs mana herb with normal herb, I also has found the place where the mana herb is.

It didn't even take me a minute to track the scent of the herb, I leaped from tree to tree and then I arrived at the spot where I smelled the scent coming from.

When I arrived there I saw a whole field of the bluish mana herb, I without noticing then revert back into my human form, without realizing, I then let out a voice full of awe.

"Wow, it is so beautiful."(Sophia)

Mana Herb is the main ingredient to make the mana potion, the blueer the herb are the higher it quality is.

I then picked the same amount as the quest said, the quest actually pays quite well for a beginner guest, mainly because it is hard to find and it is hard to keep it from decaying.

To ensure that the herbs doesn't decay, I put the herb inside a glass bottle that I had filled with a bit of my mana, it is actually an advice from the three veteran adventurer.

I then put the bottle inside the magic bag, I've now completed one of the quests, there is one more to go, now I need to go and find 10 green slime.

When I'm in my beastmen form earlier, I also has found out that slime is actually scattered all over the forest, because I've never seen a green slime, I couldn't differs it from other slime.

I then start my search for the green slime, because I have no idea which slime is the green slime, I need to search the whole forest for it.

After walking for just a minute, I then encountered my first slime, it is a Fire Slime, it is one of the evolution available for a slime, my first impression of it is that it looks like a Strawberry Jell-O.

You encountered a Red Slime.

The slime doesn't notice you yet.

Command?

FIGHT  ESCAPE  SPELL  ITEM  

Just kidding, I always wanted to do that, anyway because it is a red slime and not a green slime, I'm thinking about letting it go but while I was thinking about that, the slime noticed me.

The slime then shoot out a large fireball from its small body.

I then immediately backed away from the tree, I just barely managed to dodge that large fireball, the tree that I was hiding before has been turned into charcoal.

I then hided to the next tree, I then unsheath my short sword, the slime then noticed my hiding spot, the slime then shot out a barrage of fireball all over the place.

The trees that is surrounding it has been destroyed by the fireball, but the slime still couldn't find me.

"Decrease Presence"(Sophia)

I'm currently using enhancement magic to decrease my presence, it might sound contradictory but it works, the slime is searching for me but I'm actually still beside the first tree that the slime had just destroyed.

While the slime is confused and searching for me, I then backed away as far as I could from the slime, this doesn't mean that I'm running away or something, I just wanted to use another one of my original spell combination that had I just created.

"(I wonder if it would work.)"(Sophia)

I held out my sword, I then pointed the sword toward the slime direction.

First, I created a cylinderical barrel using Aero Barrier, I then put the short sword in the middle of it, the sword is kind of floating inside the barrier, I then made many more barrel of it.

Next, I enchanted the sword with an Ice attribute enchantment.

"Enchant: Cyro"

To defend myself from the recoil of this spell I enhanced myself using Enhancement Magic: Increase Defense.

Lastly, I Enchant: Lightning to the sword and the all of the barrel, for the barrel I set it to turn on or off the enchantment in a precisely timed sequence.

When all of the preparation is ready, I then casted the spell.

"Composite Magic: Ice Coilgun"

Because of the barrel is set to turn on the enchantment in a precisely timed sequence, it caused the projectile (short sword) to be accelerated quickly along the barrel via magnetic forces.

The sword then shot itself from the barrier, my whole body was thrown backwards to a tree because of the spell's recoil.

Thanks to the defense buff, both of my hand is just slightly injured, but it could be healed using health potion later, the important thing is the result.

I then head to the place that the slime was earlier, the place has been turned into a small crater with a big ice spike in the middle of it, on top of it is my sword , I jumped and then I took it back,

inside the ice spike is the red slime, the body is still intact but it's core has been perfectly destroyed by my sword and magic.

I then opened my magic bag and grabbed 1 Lesser Health Potion and I then spread it on my hands, the injuries then healed instantly, even though so I could still feel the pain.

Even though it is a bit of overkill using that kind of magic just for a single slime, I still subjugated a monster, I then checked my status, I've leveled up, my level which is 7 before are now Level 10.

There is no way just by killing a slime would give me this much experience points, so I checked the Monster Book function on my Adventurer Card.

•Plains Snake X15

•Plains Rat X16

•Mutated Red Slime X1

So that's the reason that slime could use a magic that powerful, I understand about the slime, but I can't remember when did I killed the snake and blue slime.

After thinking for a while, I finally figured it out, I must have accidentally killed the slime and snake while I was coming here.

Based on the guild card, I've already used 2/5 of my overall mana (28000), I only have 42000/70000 MP left.

I'm a bit suprised that after I used all of that crazy magic I still have mana left to spare.

I then start my search for the green slime again, after a few more subjugation and searchibg, I finally found one, this time the slime reminded me of a lime flavoured Jell-O.

Because of last time, I think I will challenge myself by trying to kill this slime without using any magic, after entering the slime area, the slime noticed me.

The slime then leaped at me, I used my sword to parry the slime attack.

After it's attack has been parried by me, the slime then managed to shoot out some gooey slime ball towards me while falling to the ground.

I managed to cut down some of them but some of it hit my clothes.

"Eww!, this is so gross!"(Sophia)

While I was distracted, the slime used the chance to leap at me again.

The slime then hit my body, In actuality, it doesn't really hurt that much, it feels like a rubber ball being thrown at you.

Using the chance, I slashed the slime body this time, the slime splitted in half.

The slime then got knockbacked a few steps ahead of me.

The slashed slime body returned to its main body, I've really forgotten that slash attack is useless when you're fighting a slime, but with that I remembered the most important thing when you fight a slime.

The slime is angered because I slashed it body, the slime then leaped at me in high speed.

I take a deep breath and then I readied my thrusting stance with the sword.

I aimed the sword toward the slime core and when the slime is in my reach I thrusted my sword into the slime core.

The sword edge then went through the slime's core.

The slime core then got split in half, because of the slime sticky body the slime body remained stuck on my sword, after a while, the slime then melted, leaving it's split core falling to the ground.

I guess I've done a pretty good job for my first battle without using any magic, I then stored the core inside the magic bag, after that I then start searching for other green slime.

While I was casually searching for slime, I suddenly heard an ear piercing roar, the ground around me shook just like when an earthquake occurs. After a while, the roar then stops.

There might be a dragon here, even though it doesn't make sense for a high ranking beast like a dragon to be at a low leveled place like this, even with my abilities I still couldn't kill a dragon alone, I then decided.

"Its looks like I need to hunt the slime on another day."(Sophia)

When I tried to leave the forest, I then heard multiple voices, their voice sounded like people asking for help.

"(Should I go help them?)"(Sophia)

While I was thinking about the merit and the demerit of that, I then decided.

"I'm Sophia Von Schnee, how can I call myself a royalty, if I can't even save my own citizen."(Sophia)

With fiery determination in my heart, I then leaped from trees to trees to go to the roar's origin.

When I get there, I saw 1 female adventurer and 2 male adventurer, the mage is being healed by the priest while the warrior is defending against a dragon!?

When I take a closer look, the dragon skin is all black, the flesh is rotten and the dragon body is full of holes, this is not a dragon this is a zombie dragon.

While they're alive 15 C-Ranked party is needed to slay a dragon, but when they die, their living body limits will be broken, simply said, they are much more stronger.

But no matter who my opponent is, I will still save those adventurer, I transformed into my beastmen form, I then leaped toward the dragon.

"Hey dead lizard, eat this."(Sophia)

End of chapter

Note:Warrior (Levi), Priest (Emily), Mage (Ryan)

Note:The dragon here is neither the western type nor the chinese type, the dragon here is a T-Rex or a land dragon.

As usual please comment below if you guys spot any misspelling.

15