.5. Otherside Battle (Part 2)
462 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PART 7

At the left side of the battlefield, a series of slashing motion can be heard.

"SLASH, SLASH, SLASH"

With just a few slashes from his longsword, all of the small sized golem that is surrounding Levi instantly turned into mud.

He then slashed the sword to an empty space to remove some sticking mud on his sword.

When Levi pulled his longsword from the remains of the golem, I could see that his sword has been enchanted with water attribute.

He then continues to slash the remaining golem on his side of the battlefield, suddenly, he was suprised by the sudden appearance of 4 giant golem that each height is over 100 feet.

The golems with just a few steps from it's long leg then instant surrounded Levi, even though Levi is in a literal 'box', he then confidently said.

"It doesn't matter to me how tall you guys are,,,,,,,,,,,,in the end, you guys is just a moving dirt puppet."(Levi)

After he said that, he then throws his sword to the air, his equipment left is just his iron round shield and his newbie grade armour.

I'm actually quite perplexed by his action, not missing the chance, one of the giant golems then tried to attack him using it's giant arm on that moment, but sadly for the golem, Levi had already used one of his unique skill.

"Weapon Controller"(Levi)

The longsword that he had throwed to the air earlier then suddenly changed it's direction in mid air, it's now heading toward the golem's hand.

The sword then actually started to move by itself, I understand now, Levi's 'Weapon Controller' is a skill that allows him to control any type of his weapons that is in his sight.

The sword then automatically vertically slashed the giant golem's arm just right before the arm reached Levi's body.

In an instant, the slashed golem arm then instantly turned into mud.

Now that the giant golem's arm has turned into mud, Levi then using his (buffed) leg strength to jump toward the golem's body, Levi's sword also returned to his empty hand while Levi is still jumping.

The second golem then saw what is happening, it then shoot an earth bullet toward Levi.

"(Does golem even have intelligence?, this is so interesting.)"(Touma)

Levi then instantly noticed the incoming bullet, while smiling he then said.

"Do you really think I couldn't dodge that."(Levi)

Levi then released the longsword, he then moved his hand as if he is controlling thr sword, the sword which is falling right now then moved by itself.

The sword then moved directly under his feet, he's now currently standing on his sword in mid air.

When the golem's bullet is just about to hit him, he then used the sword as a platform to jump, he then jumped just to evade the bullet.

He successfully evaded the bullet, but he's actually still hasn't grasped the feeling of standing on his sword, because of that he missed the sword/platform.

"Shit!!"(Levi)

He is now falling from that place, while falling, he then did something unbelievable.

"It actually works!!"(Levi)

"He actually used his sword as a freaking surfboard!!"(Touma)

Yup, he totally used the sword as a surfboard, how did he even got an idea to use it that way, is surfing even a sport here?

Anyway, he then headed toward the golem's head, he is now currently surfing in mid air using his sword toward the golem's head.

When he is directly on top of it he then thrusted his sword into the golem's head, the golem with it's head completely turned into mud, the rest of the golem's body then crumbled.

Using the chance, the remaining golems (3) then attacked Levi, this time Levi isn't able to react in time with his sword.

But he still have his round shield, he then used a skill that Sophia is quite familiar with.

"Arts: Fortress "(Levi)

Spoiler

In Reinhardt, there is a troop of knight that is specialized in defending the city, when they trained their Arts, Sophia would sometimes watch them from a hidden place.

[collapse]

Levi's body then shined in greenish colour, on the same time, thr giant golems then punched Levi's body, the impact of that punch made Levi got thrown away.

"Did he faint?"(Touma)

The answer is no, while he is still in the air, he then retrieved his sword back from the golem's remains,

Using the sword, he then flew as far as he can to evade the rest of the giant golems attack.

He then landed at a place without any golem, he then unsheathe 4 of his concealed knives that he had kept on his arms and legs.

He then used another one of his unique skills.

 "Weapon Master "(Levi)

The skill that he used this time is a skill that enable him to master any kind of weapon and if he had already mastered a weapon, his overall abilities will increase when he use the weapon.

He then enchanted the knife with water attributes, after he finished enchanting all of the knives, he then made a hand sign so that the knives is in a standby position behind his back.

He then used his longsword once again as a surfboard, he then surfed back to where the giant golem is, when he arrived  he standing on top of his sword launched his knives one at a time.

After he launched the knife, he then controlled the knife to hit the golem's leg, while the knife is in mid air it suddenly accelerated, when the knife reached the golem's leg, they then destroyed the leg, the golem with their leg destroyed is now falling.

When the knives returned to Levi's hand, he noticed that the knife is in the verge of breaking, so he throws them for the last time, this time his aim is the golem's head.

When the knife hitted the golem's head it didn't do anything the knife is just sticking there, Levi then used his last unique skill.

"Weapon Destruction"(Levi)

The knife that is stuck at all of the golem's head then exploded, because it is just a knife the explosion is quite small and also because the knife is enchanted with water attribute, the explosion is in water attribute.

His last skill allows him to explode or destroy his weapon at will, the explosion then turned all of the golem's head into mud, then the rest of their body crumbled. After he saw that scene Levi then said

"Now for the next set."(Levi)

This time he take out 5 hunting needle out from his leather armour, he then repeated the same thing on the rest of the golem on his side of the battlefield.

PART 8

When I see Levi surfing on mid air using his sword, I thought there would be nothing that is much more ridiculous than that.

But I was wrong again, because at the center of the battlefield, Krim is doing something that a mage would never does.

"PUNCH, PUNCH, KICK"

Levi is punching and kicking golem on his side of the battlefield, every golem that he punched either turned into mud or dust.

I noticed that he had already enchanted both of his magician glove with water attribute and wind attribute, I honestly think Krim is much more suitable to be a fighter type than a mage type.

Spoiler

once again, job system still hasn't existed yet in this world.

[collapse]

But I won't deny his ability in using magic, whenever he spot a golem heading to his way he would then chant a spell in a ridiculous speed and destroy the golem before it even reach him.

Spoiler

Krim hasn't learned chantless casting

[collapse]

Suddenly, one giant golem appeared on his battlefield, unlike the one that Levi fought before, this one can use magic.

When Krim noticed it's appearance, the golem had already launched a giant stone bullet toward him, Krim didn't have any time to defend from the bullet so he take on the bullet with his hand.

When the bullet reached the area where Krim is at, Krim then readied his stance and he opened his arms then he tried to stop the bullet, Krim is being pushed back by the bullet force.

But Krim didn't give up to stop the bullet, then he let out a battlecry.

"Hurrrraahhhh!!!!!!!"(Krim)

After he shouted that, he then stopped from being pushed back, I can't believe what I'm seeing, 

Krim has stopped a stone bullet that is shot in high speed just by using his gauntlet and minimal enhancement magic.

That is a really amazing feat coming from a mage, after he caught the bullet he then immediately put it on the ground, he then casted an intermediate level wind magic.

"Wind Magic: Aero Lift"(Krim)

A green magic circle manifested under the stone bullet, the stone then lifted by itself, Krim then chanted an enhancement spell.

"Enhancement Magic:Increase Strength"(Krim)

After he had enhanced his body he then grabbed the stone then he enchanted the stone with water and wind attribute.

"Enchant:Hydro and Aero"(Krim)

He then throws the stone bullet back to the giant golem, while in mid air the stone bullet accelerated because of the wind enchantment.

When it hit the golem's body, the part that got hit by it then turned into mud, but after a while, the golem regenerated itself. Krim then said

"Tch!, it could regenerate itself, this clump of earth might be a bit of a problem."(Krim)

After he said that, Krim then run toward the giant golem, multiple medium sized golem appeared on the way, but they were instantly turned into dust when Krim punched them.

When the golem noticed that Krim is running toward his direction, the golem then released myriad of earth attribute magic attack such as Earth Spike, Quagmire, Stone Rain and etc.

Krim then either just evade the attack or he just turned them into dust and mud. When he reached the giant golem's foot, suddenly, multiple medium sized golem came out from the giant golem's feet.

Unlike other golems, water and wind attributes isn't really effective against them, so Krim searched for another way.

Using his high intelligence, he then found an effective way to destroy the golem, he then said while punching the golem.

"I knew it, brute force is the best against this moving clump of earth."(Krim)

What he did is that he just punched through the golem's head, I hope that he had already enhanced his body, if not he might get minor injuries on his hand.

After finishing off all of the golem, he then used wind magic to climb the golem's body

"Wind Magic: Aero Boost"(Krim)

Each time he jumped, he would jump even more higher than the last jump, when he reached the golem's shoulder, a problem hitted him, there is a stone golem waiting for him there.

A stone golem not an earth golem, the golem height is about the same as him and the golem is armed with a stone axe.

Even though the giant golem is moving, the stone golem didn't even fall from it, the golem then vertically attacked Krim with it's stone axe, Krim actually could and wanted to evade the attack but his situation doesn't allow him to.

He is now on top of a moving giant golem's shoulder, if he evaded this strike he might fall from there, even he doesn't have enough courage to chant a spell while falling.

So he does this, when the axe just about to strike his head, Krim then caught the axe using his hand ?

He then grabbed the axe from the golem hand, he then throw the axe to somewhere on the ground.

The golem then retreated to the back, the golem then tried to create one more axe from it's body but before the golem even had a chance to form the axe, Krim has already casted his spell

"Flame Magic: Molten Touch"(Krim)

A red magic circle appeared on Krim's glove, when he touched the stone golem with it, the golem then instantly melted into lava.

After avoiding the lava, Krim then leaped to his destination, the giant golem's head, when he arrived there, he saw the character 'Emet' written on the golem's head, he then erased the letter 'E' leaving it to become 'Met', the giant golem's body then returned into a clump of giant earth..

I was suprised that Krim know about that method, I'm actually much more suprised that the golem in this world has that character.

Spoiler

The Hebrew letters on the creature's head read "emet", meaning "truth". In some versions of the Chełm and Prague narratives, the Golem is killed by removing the first letter, making the word spell "met", meaning "dead"

[collapse]

After the giant golem crumbled, Krim then hurriedly went to his little sister Emily.

Emily actually has been waiting at the farthest place from the battlefield since the battle started.

She is charging her holy magic and on the same time, whenever any of us got injured we will go to Emily for healing and if they can't come to Emily, she will go to them herself. Krim then entered the room, he then said to her.

"Sis, I want you to refill my mana."(Krim)

"I got it."(Emily)

"Healing Magic: Energy Transfer"(Emily)

A greenish white magic circle manifested under the bot of them, Emily then touched her brother, her mana then were transferred to her brother, Krim then give his thanks to her.

"Thanks Sis, i will come back later"(Krim)

"Golem just you wait, I will come and eradicate you."(Krim)

Saying that Krim then returned to his battlefield, Emily then shouted to her brother

"Never come back!!"(Emily)

After she said that, she then returned to her resting place that Krim has made before the battle started, while she was resting a golem tried to attack her.

But Emily immediately noticed the golem appearance, she then used her staff like a spear to thrust the golem's head.

The golem then crumbled, after she retracted her staff from the golem's body, something weird suddenly happened to her.

All of a sudden, a shining ray of light then shined over her body, it looks like the light came from the sky.

For some reason, the light gave me the same feeling as earlier when Sophia's got summoned by a god.

I could also feel that godly presence coming from the ray, when she got hit by that ray, she just......standing still.

When the ray ended, Emily then dropped her staff, she then kneeled on the ground while clasping both of her hand together.

"(Is she praying to a god or something?)"(Touma)

While I was wondering about that, Emily then said her prayer.

"Ooh, the Grand Goddess Eve-sama, this believer has received one of your oracle yet again, I swear with my life I would use your teaching as best as I can."(Emily)

Hearing her prayer, I then said to myself.

"So the god in this world would occasionally give an oracle to their believer, that's fascinating."(Touma)

When I finished saying that, I noticed that Emily is becoming much more excited to fight the golem, she then grabbed her dropped staff back to her hand, she then head to the battlefield.

When I saw her fighting the golem, I can only describe it as 'Unorthodox', whenever she spot a golem, she would immediately thrust it using the pointy butt of her staff.

After she is sure that the staff is lodged inside the golem, she then would use her healing magic on them.

"Healing Magic: Energy Drain"(Emily)

I can't believe when I heard that she is using Healing Magic on a golem, but after seeing the effect of that spell, I was left speechless.

She isn't actually healing the golem's energy or something like that, it is actually the opposite, she is actually draining the golem's energy.

Energy Drain is actually an undead exclusive spell, it allows the user to drain their target's mana and energy, Sophia never heard that spell being used in healing magic.

A few second has passed since Emily start draining the golem's energy, the golem then crumbled, Emily with an ecstatic face then said.

"Aaaah, that feel so good."(Emily)

"Now for the next one."(Emily)

She then searched for her next target, she then repeated the same thing over and over again, when she has enough energy, she then released her holy magic.

"Holy Magic: Arch Ray"(Emily)

A big white magic circle manifested on the sky, the area that the magic circle appeared is coincidentally the place where Krim is destroying golems.

A ray of light then came out from the magic circle, the ray then obliterated the whole area, all of the golem there were obliterated by the ray, unluckily, Krim also got hit by the ray.

When the ray ended, there is only one person standing at the center of the crater that has been made by Emily's spell.

To be honest, I was actually quite suprised that Krim is still alive, Krim then shouted to Emily

"Tell me beforehand the next time you release that spell, I almost got an heart attack."(Krim)

"I'm sorry!!"(Emily)

"It's not like you're going to get hurt anyway."(Emily) (in a low voice)

It looks like the holy attribute is quite special, the ray only affect monster and evil being and it won't even leave a scratch on human, I wonder if it would also affect demi-human like Sophia.

After releasing that spell, Emily then started to drain energy from the golem again, It's looks like Holy Magic actually need a great deal of energy/mana to use.

After a while fight, we then finally finished slaying all of the golem, now there are only 1 target left, is the...

"DRAGON."(Levi, Krim, Emily, Touma)

PART 9

The sky is turning orange, It is now evening and it has been half an hour since the fight between us and the zombie land dragon begun.

"Slash"

I'm currently slashing the dragon in close range using my Gale Blade, even though I managed to deal some damage to the dragon but the dragon would just ignore my attack and attack me using it's earth magic.

"Stomp"

When the dragon stomped it's foot to the ground, multiple earth spikes of various sizes then suddenly appeared under my foot, I immediately evaded to the side.

But the earth spikes followed me everywhere I go, so I ran as far as I can, then I finally reach a place where the spike can't follow me, there I heard a voice beside me.

"What are you doing here?"(Krim)

Krim who is hiding behind an earth wall asked me that, I then quickly hide with him, I then answered his question.

"I'm hiding from that dragon attack, what are you doing here?"(Touma)

"I'm preparing an advanced level magic, the spell has a really long chant."(Krim)

"Roaaaarrrr!!!"

While we were talking, the dragon suddenly roared, Krim's earth wall suddenly crumbled, my gale blade dissapeared and the spell that Krim is preparing suddenly stopped.

"What!?"(Krim)

The reason Krim is that suprised is because the zombie dragon is suddenly in front of us, the dragon then smashed it's spiky tail toward us.

But it got stopped in time by Levi's shield, the impact of that tail smash pushed back his body, Levi while defending us then shouted.

"Hurry up and escape!!"(Levi)

We then did as he said, we then run toward Emily's who is near us, Levi then channeled his holy attributes to his shield.

"Holy Magic: Holy Radiance"(Levi)

His round shield then shined, the dragon's tail which is hitting against the shield then burned in white flame of purification.

The dragon then backed away from him, Levi has successfully repelled the dragon's attack, but a great power came with a great price.

The price for using that spell is his round shield, Levi's shield then broke to pieces, Levi then ran to our hiding spot while making sure that the dragon doesn't noticed him, 

Entering the hiding spot, Levi then asked us.

"Are you guys okay?"(Levi)

"We're fine."(Krim)

"You guys should be thankful that I'm nearby."(Levi)

"I'm thankful for that, but we did gain some precious information here."(Touma)

"What is it?"(Emily)

Emily then asked me curiously, so I answered her question.

"The dragon roar could nullify all type of magic, I'm 100% sure of that."(Touma)

"Really!?"(Emily and Levi)

"So that's why my earth wall broke."(Krim)

"Don't we have any plan to counter that dragon's ability?"(Levi)

When Levi said that, both of Emily and Krim expression turned gloomy, because I can't stand this situation anymore, I then said to them.

"Do we really need a plan?."(Touma)

When I said that, everyone then give me a strange look, I then explained to them.

"You guys are strong, way stronger than anyone that I have ever seen."(Touma)

"(For a normal human)"(Touma)

They then nodded in agreement, I then continue my explanation.

"Who cares about plan when you have brute force"(Touma)

"If we attack the dragon, we will attack it with full force, if we get injured then just heal it, that's why we have Emily here."(Touma)

Emily then blushed when I praises her, Levi then stand up then he said to me.

"That is the most ridiculous plan I've ever heard, but I trust you Sophia."(Levi)

Following right after him, Krim also stand up, then he said to me

"The best plan is no plan, what a great word, when I get back home today, I would definitely write that inside my diary."(Krim)

After hearing what her brother said, Emily then stand up, then she said

"It would be my my task to get you home, don't worry, as long I'm still standing don't think you guys will have a chance to die."(Emily)

Now that everyone has resolved themselves, I then said to them confidently.

"Alright everyone, Let's go and slay a dragon."(Touma)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half of an hour has passed since we resolved ourself to slay that dragon.

At the battlefield, I, Levi and Krim is fighting with the dragon, Levi is using the same strategy he used against the golem but the only difference is that he used holy attribute, Levi then shouted

"Haaaah!!!, pierce through!!"(Levi)

He then throws his hunting needle toward the dragon, the needles then pierced the dragon's leg, body and tail.

Because the dragon body is too tough the needle couldn't pierced through it, so Levi used that skill.

"Weapon Destruction"(Levi)

The needle then exploded, but the dragon doesn't seem to care about it, the dragon then charged toward Levi while smashing it's tail toward him.

Levi then was thrown quite far away from where he was standing, 'Is he okay?', while I was thinking about that, Levi then shouted.

"I'm okay!!"(Levi)

Even though he shouted that, I know he is not really that fine, Emily then went toward Levi to heal him, anyway because we has lost Levi our 'main damage dealer', I and Krim need to do the rest all by ourself.

While he was concentrating chanting his spell, he didn't notice the incoming magic attack, I then went in front of him then I used a wind attributes defensive spell.

"Gale Wall, Execute."(Touma)

A green magic circle manifested horizontally before me, in a split second a wall made out of high pressured wind appeared from it, when the dragon's magic attack hit the wall, it instantly turned into dust.

Even though he just about to get attacked, he still hasn't finished his chant, I then angrily said to him.

"Krim!, just shorten the freaking chant, cut all of the useless word and just chant the important word."(Touma)

"You made it sound so easy, I'm chanting advanced magic here, if you could do it faster then show me."(Krim)

Krim angrily said back at me, I then said back at him

"All you need to do is this."(Touma)

"Devastator Strike: Slash, Execute"(Touma)

I then slashed the Gale Wall in front of me using the wand, the gale from the wall then reconstructed into a blade of wind, the blade then slashed the dragon's body just the way that I slashed the air.

Even though so...

"Tch, as expected from a land dragon defense, all that does is just a minor damage."(Touma)

Even though it is just a weak and hurriedly prepared advanced grade spell, I thought it could wound the dragon even more, while I'm dissapointed Krim is amazed by it.

"It's amazing that you could cast that powerful spell just by saying the spell name, and you even used the spell that you used earlier, how brilliant"(Krim)

"Blush"

"Stop praising me, I'm embarrassed you know, just hurry up and finish your chant!"(Touma)

I without realizing blushed when Krim praised me, I mean who wouldn't be if a handsome guy praised you, Krim then said to me

"I've already finished it while I'm praising you though."(Krim)

"Then hurry up and cast it."(Touma)

After I said that, I then dispelled the Gale Wall, Krim then pointed his gauntlet toward the dragon's head, he then released the spell

"Water Magic: Hydro Stream"(Krim)

A blue magic circle then manifested in front of him, a continuous blast of high pressured water then came out from the magic circle.

When the water blast is about to hit the dragon, the dragon then suddenly evaded it using it's leg.

Even though it's leg is full of hole noe (thanks for Levi) it could still evade Krim's spell, I then let out a sigh.

"Sigh, better luck next time."(Touma)

When I said that, Krim then retorted me with

"Don't underestimate me, I'm Krim, the world soon to be greatest mage."(Krim)

Krim then chanted a spell in a speed that I couldn't even follow, it is much more faster than earlier, because he still hasn't learned chantless casting like Sophia he cover that weakness with that chanting speed. 

I'm terrified when I think what would happen if he studied under Armen-sensei, he then casted the spell.

"Water Magic: Water Control"(Krim)

When he casted the spell, the missed water blast suddenly changed direction and then it pierced the dragon's back. 

When he saw his spell doing it's work, Krim then looks satisfied, I then praised him

"Good job, Krim, you are really a great mage."(Touma)

Krim then instantly blushed after I praised him, he then stutteringly said

"of-of course I am, thanks for the pr-praise."(Krim)

Unlike a certain someone, Krim is honest with his word even though he stuttered a lot. After he calmed down, he then said to me

"Rather than me you should go and check Emily's situation, she is much more important than me, I can handle here on my own."(Krim)

"I'm just about to go to her, bye."(Touma)

After I said that, I then destroyed another earth spike that is heading toward him, Krim might someday die if he didn't pay attention to the battlefield.

After I successfully destroyed the dragon's attack, I then went to Emily's location, she and Levi is inside a room that is made using earth magic, (it is created by Krim's spell), I then asked her

"Emily, how is Levi?"(Touma)

"He's as you can see."(Emily)

"I've fully recovered, I'm sorry but I have a dragon to slay."(Levi)

After he said that he then left the room and joined the batte with Krim, it's only me and Emily is left inside the room, I then asked her

"Are you done charging your holy magic?"(Touma)

"I'm just halfway done, I need more time to charge the spell, I'm sorry Sophia."(Emily)

She said that while showing me a half of a white magic circle, I then said to her

"Don't worry and just do your thing, remember, you're this party most crucial party member."(Touma)

"Thank you very much."(Emily)

After I finished checking up with Emily, I make my way to Levi and Krim, Levi right now which is fighting with the dragon 1 on 1 while Krim is supporting him at the back.

"Hurrraahhhh!!!"(Levi)

After he shouted his warcry, he then leaped and slashed the dragon's neck, but sadly it is too tough for him, but he did manage to deal a damage at the dragons neck, he then disappointly said to himself.

"This is not enough."(Levi)

While he was talking to himself, Krim then butted in.

"Levi, I'm ready to cast the spell, so where should I aim it."(Krim)

"Focus it at the dragon's neck, I've dealt a damage there earlier."(Levi)

"Got it."(Krim)

Krim then casted his spell.

"Flame Magic: Inferno Burst"(Krim)

Multiple red magic circle manifested in front of Krim, from the magic circle came out a barrage of fireball, each of it were released by the magic circle in high speed, each of the fireball pack a lot of damage, but it only managed to charred the dragon skin .

Looking at that gave me an idea, so I then said

"Let me help you with that"(Touma)

"Tempest Blade, Execute"(Touma)

A green magic circle manifested on my wand, the wind surrounding me is being compressed, the compressed wind then take a shape of a blade.

The blade then continues to absorb air surrounding it into the tempest blade, the air that the blade absorbed finally reached it's limit.

"Target Locked, Execute"(Touma)

I then aimed the blade toward Krim's fireball barrage, I then shot the blade toward the dragon, the blade is being propelled by the air pressure inside it and it's accelerating every second.

"I'm going to borrow that for a while."(Touma)

When the gale blade hitted Krim's fireball, the flame got absorbed into the blade, I then noticed that Levi is still fighting with that dragon so I shouted to him.

"Levi!! Run as far as you can from the dragon."(Touma)

"Got it."(Levi)

When Levi saw the incoming blade and fireball, he then ran as fast as he can, Just a few second later, the blade then pierced the dragon's body.

All of the compressed air and Krim's inferno that got absorbed by the blade then were released all at once, the result, the blade then exploded inside the dragon's body.

The zombie dragon is finally dead.

Or is it?

End of chapter

If you guys spot any mistakes or misspelling please comment below

7