Chapter 1: Life Daily
94 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hi, I'm Kaila, a resident in the Newbie Village; can you lend me five horns from Horned Rabbits; I'll reward you greatly with a Horned Stick," I said for the ninth time.

"Sure." Responded the strange folk. Jesus Christ, how many strange folks exist: this is the 1082nd strange folk! Sigh, whatever, I need to prepare the horned sticks. I grabbed a long stick from the seemingly endless amount of sticks, preparing to craft a Horned Stick. 

Ding! Crafting Skill is mutating! Do you wish to mutate?

"Yeah, yeah, fine," I replied to the system. It's been thirteen days ever since I've unlocked the system.

Ding! Crafting Skill mutated too Mass Manufacture! 

Name: Mass Manufacture

Skill Type: Proficiency 

Description: Mass Manufacture is a skill that allows the user to mass-produce poorly made (or cheap) objects with great efficiency. Best for a budget! 

Ah, finally, something useful in my everyday life. I thought as I drilled a hole in the horn. Then I covered the hole in a plant-based adhesive, inserting the stick. Finally, I put aside the stick, then rinse and repeat. 


Hours later.

"Thank you, great Adventurer! I shall reward you as I promised." I said to the strange folk as I gave him the horned stick. Ah, it's near midnight good. 

"..." Responded the strange folk taking the horned stick. The strange folks disappeared all at the same time. They won't come back until the morning leaving me with a couple of hours to sleep and eat. 

Ding! Request Max Level is mutating! Do you wish to proceed?

"Fine," I responded to the system.

Request Max Level is mutating into Quest Modification!

"Let's see what I have for dinner," I said, ignoring the annoying blue screens. "Just stale bread ... again. Uhhhgh." I whined, taking a stale piece of bread from the bakery. Well, at least I won't get caught. Even if these guards work 24/7, they're easy to distract. Not to mention for some reason, the bakery has an endless source of bread. *Eating and drinking sounds.* "A meal's a meal, I guess." I said to myself, preparing to sleep. I wonder what's wrong with this world. 


Name: Quest Modification

Type: NPC

Description: Quest Modification is a skill where the NPC modifies their quest (or request) for their own needs. The skill acts like the skill request able to request people to help for any reason. Most of the time, a reward is needed to activate the secondary use.

I know I'll have to heavily edit this: I'm lazy and have no editor or proofreader, so please put typos, mistakes, and constructive criticism in the comments.

6