Host… System… What??
93 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Wish will be granted]

'What…' Rayburn loses consciousness as those are the last words he hears.

[Demon has merged with user modifications will be made]

[Skills are being added]

[Evolutions are being added]

[Stats being calculated]

[Stats calculated]

Name: Rayburn

Lv. 1

Race: Human

Magic: none

Skills: Perseverance Lv. 1

Passive skills: Odor Resistance Lv. 1, Poison Resistance Lv. 1

[Stats]

Hp: 15/15

Strength: 13

Endurance: 16/16

Speed: 12

Intelligence: 5

Sin: 5

Exp: 0/100

[System name updating]

[System modifications have been added]

[New name acquired. Welcome user Rayburn to The Demonic System]

A few hours passed and Rayburn finally woke up on the floor. As he is getting up there seems to be a red liquid spilled on the floor. As he takes a sniff to figure out what it was, he smells blood. And as he took a look, the whole room was covered in it.

Then flashing images of what happened last night come rushing to his head.

"I thought I was a goner, my life gone before I…"

He tries to look for the letter and the small paper with the magic circle but they are both gone.

"It was probably the twins that did this as a prank or somethi-"

[New Message Received]

"Woah, what the hell?!"

Ray stumbles backward spooked by the sudden message.

[New Message Received. Open Message?]

"S-sure"

The message had disappeared and an envelope zoomed up and opened up.

[Welcome user, due to some unforeseeable events the system has been changed. Normal tutorials have now been moved to Lv. 2. Due to merging with a demon other tutorials have been removed. New tutorials will be made to fit the new system. New evolutions have been added.]

"What are you and what's evo-li-caution?"

[The Demonic System. Evolution is the process of moving on to the next stage. Intellect is too low to give further information.]

This confused Ray even further so instead he tried to figure out What the other stuff that was in front of him is.

"What's Persevaranke?"

[Skill Perseverance Lv. 1: Actions won't be stopped by attacks that are weak or make the user flinch]

'Oh that seems really useful, I could still finish work even when I'm being attacked by them'

Ray could tell what the stats were except for exp, hp, and sin.

[Exp stands for experience. You get this by winning battles or completing quests. Once you reach the amount of exp needed you can level up and get stronger]

[Hp, health points represent your life]

[Sin is-]

"Oh fuck, I have to get to work! I'll finish reading this later"

By accident Rayburn closes the system.

Ray stumbles through the door and hurries to the town. It's a 10-minute walk to get there from his home.

There is still no clear path to get there since he doesn't have the time to clear out the area.

Not only that but a few dangerous creatures live near his home so he has to watch out for them.

Ray makes it to the town and is going around trying to find the people he was supposed to work for today. But to his surprise, there was no one around.

'Was there a special event that I wasn't told about?'

He goes deeper into the town and starts to hear some music. The closer he got to it, the clearer the sound got, and realized what they were playing.

It's the music they always play when a child finally makes it to adulthood. Before it was a celebration of surviving the cruel and harsh world however as time went on it became tradition even though it's gotten safer.

Becoming an adult usual means they can do whatever they want in the town or they can leave the town and find more options outside

But this doesn't usually have such a big party unless it's of someone of importance and it can only mean one thing, it's twins birthday and today they became adults.

Their father is this town's mayor so it comes as no surprise to Ray that the whole town celebrates them.

'Well I'll just go and wait for them to finish so I can get work done fast and then leave'

He moves to an area that is very visible to everyone and sits there waiting for them to give him a job. Minutes have passed and the twins haven't arrived yet and no one has approached him yet.

He decided to check the system and found some interesting things about it. The inventory can hold basically anything. He put some rocks he found on the floor in it to test it out.

There was a tab that read shop and he decided to see if he could actually buy stuff but he got a message saying he needed to complete his 1st evolution to access this. But he had no idea how to do it.

"Ra-"

'It feels like I am forgetting something'

"Rayburn!"

"Woah y-yeah, I mean yes how could I be of service to you"

"It's me you don't have to act like that"

"I know I know, my mind was just elsewhere, Zinnia"

This long black haired girl with greenish eyes is Ray's only friend.

"Yeah I could tell, everyone was. They saw you make some weird movements and were making weird faces too, are you sure you're good?"

"No, yeah I'm good just barely had sleep. Those creatures outback were being louder than usual"

A few years ago this family moved into this town. When they moved they had no problems moving in and everyone was so welcoming to them.

Zinnia one day decided to get to know the locals and walked upon Ray getting beat up by the twins and some other kids.

Since she was raised to stand up for others she tried to help Rayburn by calling his bullies out.

Well, this didn't work but after they got bored she stayed and tried to heal my wounds. Her family is full of healer magicians.

Because she helped Ray she has been shunned, however, they still treat her as a person since her family are the town doctors and the nearest hospital is weeks away.

After that they would hang out anytime he would go to her place to get healed after a beating or after work.

"Well, you know my parents said its fine for you to stay at our place"

"That will bring problems to your front door. I'll figure something oh-"

[New quest: Kill the Reg twins]

[Rewards: ???]

"Welcome everyone to my son and daughter's adult ceremony" Mr. Reg yells to everyone that has gathered.

'That explains it'

As he turns his head to where the voice came from, he sees Jome and Frin are both wearing extravagant clothing, Jome wearing a red dress and Frin wearing green. These colors were chosen because of what magic they got.

"My daughter Jome and my son Frin will soon tell us what they will be doing for their future"

Mr. Reg, the town Mayor, signals his daughter to tell everyone what she is going to do.

"I am going to further my education in the Siegfried Kingdom in the school of Crimson Dragons!"

Everyone was clapping and wooing in excitement.

But there was more…

"And I will have our town rat, Rayburn, be my bodyguard on the way there to give him a chance on being something better!!"

 


If you are wondering why I am uploading a chapter even though I said I will post one every 2 weeks is because they are the chapters I wrote already. I'm going to Upload the chapters here and upload them here. If I do make some grammatical errors is because I write and edit chapters the same day and sometimes I won't be able to catch mistakes. 

7