Malevolence Gives Life
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"System what do skill points do?"

[Skill points can be added to your stats to increase them]

"How do I get more skill points?"

[Completing the quest will reward with skill points. Leveling up will increase your stats by one. Leveling up skills can give skill points. Increase intelligence for further information]

[Do you want to distribute the skill points?]

"Add all the skill points to intelligence, it seems I won't get anywhere if I don't get the information that's needed"

Name: Rayburn

Lv. 1

Race: Human

Magic: none

Skills: Perseverance Lv. 1

Passive skills: Odor Resistance Lv. 1, Poison Resistance Lv. 1, Dance Lv. 1, Sword dance Lv. 1, Swordsmanship Lv. 1, Dual Wielding Lv. 1

[Stats]

Hp: 15/15

Strength: 13

Endurance: 16/16

Speed: 12

Intelligence: 8

Sin: 8

Exp: 0/100

[Successfully completing contracts will award skill points.]

"Contract? With who?"

[Information not available until you have fully evolved]

"Well, nothing I can do about it now."

Ray gets up and stretches a bit before he tries the new skills he had learned.

"Okay how do I use these skills"

[Passive skills that you've obtained are always active. You are able to use these skills when you want]

He takes his sword and starts swinging at the air with his long sword and sees how drastically he has improved, same with the daggers but to a lesser extent. He tried to use the sword dance skill but he tripped over himself a few times.

"Why can't I do it right?"

[Sword dance skill is dependent on your swordsmanship and dance. Leveling up those skills will improve the effectiveness of sword dance]

"System… we are going to have to give you a name later, but how do I increase my skills? Do I use the skill points to level them up?"

[When skills are constantly being used they level up]

"So the more I dance or the more I use swords they increase, sounds easy enough"

Looking over his stats notices that one of his stats increased by itself, the sin stat.

"System, why did the stat change and what does that stat do? I meant to ask that earlier but forgot."

[Sin is the stat that determines whether you evolve or not. Sin increases the more malice you develop or cause. You can't increase this stat with skill points.]

"Malice?"

[Actions that cause harm to others]

"Eh… other than the twins I don't want to hurt anyone"

[WARNING!!]

[If Sin reaches zero you will die]

"Woah Woah Woah, DIE!!"

This made him panic thinking he would become what he hated most. He would need to act like the twins but on a larger scale.

"System, why is that? Why do I have to act evil to live?"

[To obtain more information increase intelligence]

"Guess I'll get my answer, the more evil I get. I need to look into what exactly is a demon"

To take his mind off of what the system said he practices the dance that Zin had taught him for a few hours.

 


 

"What's the matter, sweety?"

Looking off into the distance was Zinnia watching the town get smaller and smaller as they go up a hill while having a concerned look on her face.

"Oh, nothing just lost in thought."

"Sorry, we had to leave before you could say goodbye to Rayburn, they needed our help asap."

"W-w-well, yeah but I am going to be a little homesick that's all"

'How Did she know what I was thinking?'

"Well, after your father and I saw you two dancing at the ceremony-"

"YOU SAW US DANCE AT THE CEREMONY!!!!!"

She goes to the corner of the cart and goes into a fetal position.

"We saw you sneaking out food and then grabbing Rayburn and going to a secluded area away from the party. As parents, we had no choice but to follow you and see what you were doing."

"Even though I said we don't have to worry about anything she still had me go with her. It may come to surprise you but your mother was like that herself in her younger years. I remember the time she-"

Zinnia's mother quickly turned her head and gave him a death stare, 'Say anything and you're dead'

"A-anyway, it didn't shock us that what you did, so we went back while you two were having fun. We didn't want to ruin your moment."

She starts to remember how Jome came and ruined the mood of that night.

"Don't worry, someone else ruined it"

Both parents looked at each other and looked back at their daughter with a smile.

"That night won't only be the last you know"

She goes and smothers her daughter between her chest.

"If he was enjoying it the first time, you could try again since Jome and Frin won't be there."

"Yeah."

The rest of their evening went smoothly. They came to a stopping point, it was getting dark. One of the guards comes to Zinnia's Mom and asks for something.

"We need to place the Monster Deterrent Beacon, this area seems to be dangerous. We saw a pack of timber wolves, and they were larger than average since no one lives in this area."

"Uh… here we go, here you go. Also, call it M.D.B for short it can be a mouthful sometimes"

She hands him a silver ovoid-shaped device. The guard went off to the center of the camp. As the MDB was being placed on the floor, a button was pressed and little legs came out so it could stand. The top of it started to open and shoot light to the sky then started to spread, making a dome shape. It had thirty food radii, enough space for them to move around.

"This was supposed to be used for when a large group travels since it was very costly to get. And this is the smallest version of its kind."

"Mom, then what's the largest one?"

"The largest one is in the Siegfried kingdom. It covers all of it. That's why it's one of the safest areas. Not only does it have a huge range but it deters stronger beasts. Now go to sleep we need to wake up extra early"

The two other guards set up tents for the family and themselves. One guard stayed one and rotated positions for the night duty. Everyone else slowly drifted into sleep.


It's almost 10 am by the time I release this chapter today, tomorrow is when chapter 10 will release and we will go back to our regularly scheduled program that airs bi-weekly. I bought myself some manga and light novels yesterday. felt so happy, haven't had enough time to update the arcs page, need to continue adding to it.

2