The Ambush
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours have passed and Ray has gotten a hand of how to handle the horses acquiring another skill called animal handling lv. 1, meaning if he leveled this skill up he would be able to command creatures to do what he wants right now he could command already tamed creatures.

 

While he was driving he noticed other items that weren’t mentioned in the note. There were a few crystals of carrying colors. He picked one up and a message appeared before him.

 

[Basic Fire Crystal]

 

[A Magic circle was inscribed into the crystal. Mana is already Imbued in the crystal. Using it will use up the mana in the crystal and turn it into magic. Filling crystal requires outside source]

 

{NOTCE}

 

[User does not have mana to fill crystal when depleted]

 

‘How do I use it though?’

 

{NOTICE}

 

[The Rune language is not in the System]

 

[Deciphering will take time. Learn the Rune language]

 

[YES]        [NO]

 

'Well, I don't see a problem with not learning them. Wait, can I even use magic?'

 

[User has no Mana. Evolving will open possibilities to conjure-]

 

‘Yeah, yeah until I evolve, man I’m very limited until I… Level up, I think it’s called. I’ll worry about that later.’

 

After a few hours, they had stopped to let the horses take a break.

 

Ray looking for the sun to tell what time it figured it to be around noon. The twins went and had their lunch in the carriage. Ray went to go feed the horses, and then ate some rations. He couldn’t take a break since he had to look out for monsters. The M.D.B. wasn’t used since they aren’t going to stay there for the rest of the day and will only be turned on for the night.

 

Though it deters the monster, he needs to watch out for people since it doesn’t work on them.

 

After everyone was done resting, Rayburn moved out again.

 

Nothing, in particular, stood out for the next few days except for some snarky remarks about Ray. and that ray has been practicing some dances and training with his sword and keeping watch for trouble.

 

Though he did have some eyesight problems when he was looking at the twins at night, maybe he was just too disgusted to look at them than usual.

 

As they are arriving at the top of a hill, Ray notices a castle in the distance. He takes this chance to take a rest and tell the twins where they are.

 

“The kingdom still seems far, it could take another 4 or 5 days. And it’s getting close to night time so I’m going to go ahead and set up for the night.”

 

He closes the door and goes to open the compartment under his seat but out of the corner of his eye he sees Jome with a wicked smile on her face, he didn’t think too much of it since she’s been doing this for ages. However, this did worry him since he feels like it’s different than before.

 

For now, he ignores it and sets up the M.D.B under the carriage, and ties the horses to a tree.

 

Before the sun settles, he goes and gets some wood to use as a fire to stay warm. In previous nights when he had stayed up for a few hours nothing much happened, he then would fall asleep since nothing really showed up but not this night.

 

Every time he looks at their carriage he sees 2 grey figures then suddenly they disappear, but for some reason, he saw around 5 this time and couldn’t help but worry.

 

When this first happened he had asked the system what was that but only gave a vague description and the line of needing to evolve. But the system also said that his body is adjusting to the demonic blood that was in him. Which made him realize why there was so much blood everywhere in the room. “What does demonic blood look like?” he thought but was not willing to stab himself.

 

He tries to use that thing again to make sure he wasn’t just making sure what they were there and he wasn’t seeing things.

 

But to no avail he fails, instead, he will have to rely on his ears to hear if something is coming since it’s becoming night and he will not be able to see as good even if the fight was in the M.D.B.

 

Ray goes to the twins once more to tell them that about 5 people are surrounding them but he doesn’t know where.

 

Frin freaks out hearing that their lives are in danger, while Jome seemed calmer than her brother which weirds out both Frin and him.

 

“Why do I have to worry, you are here right, you give your life to protect us. If you abandon us you have nowhere to go since my father does have some influence and can make you a wanted man.”

 

“If he dies how are we going to protect ourselves? I haven’t learned any attack magic yet, I’ve only been able to levitate some rocks for a few seconds.”

 

“Well, If he does die I can just use my fire magic, which might happen since he is scrawny. He probably doesn’t even have the strength to fight a pup”

 

Yes Ray looked scrawny from being malnourished he may look weak but because of the demonic blood inside of him and the system he isn’t. His body even without leveling up is changing slowly. Evolution just makes the process faster for him to complete his form. Not trying to hear more insults from her he tells them to stay inside and slams the door shut. Once again he catches her having a smug look on her face.

 

‘What’s she up to?’

 

Ray goes and takes out his long sword and only the long sword since the dual-wielding skill isn’t that useful yet and would only take them out if he has no other options left. Lately, he has gotten better to use the long sword using both hands so it’s for the better.

 

The bushes in the surrounding area started to shake and Rayburn is prepared to fight.


 

Zinnia

 

Zinnia was in a corner sitting looking kinda down.

 

“Sweety, you don’t have to worry about not doing a great job healing, you are still learning.”

 

For the time she spent in this town she could only use a one-star healing spell. If she uses any higher spells she would pass out, not because she can’t use them but because she doesn’t know how to control the flow of her mana leaving her.

 

“But mom, Lox could do a five-star healing spell when he was my age and he wasn’t struggling. And now has become a twelve-star adventurer, I just don’t want to disappoint the people I care about.”

 

“Sweety, we don’t mind if you aren’t as talented as your brother we just want you to be happy. We want you to decide what you want to do with your life if it’s helping us heal people with that would make us happy. If it’s to be an adventurer like your brother we will support you, if not that any other passion you have as long as you enjoy doing it we will support you.”

 

Zinnia didn’t know what to say, not because she didn’t have the words but she never thought about doing something for herself.

 

“I don’t know what to do.”

 

“Well, you can figure out what it is you want once we get home.”

 

“Okay mom, good night.”

 

“Good night sweety.”

 

She kisses her daughter on the forehead and falls asleep next to her.

 

Her dad was outside listening to everything and had pulled out a device from his pocket and started to talk to someone.


Character Info

 

Name: Rayburn

Age: 18

DOB: July 16

Likes: His friend Zinnia, Green apples and soured sweets

Dislikes: The Twins, his old job

 

Name: Zinnia Orchasdale

Age: 17

DOB: October 12

Likes: Her family, Ray, her pet slime, steamed fish, peppers, the color green, and pineapple Juice

Dislikes: the twins, herself, canines, and mushrooms

 

Name: Jome Crestin

Age: 18

DOB: May 5

Likes: bullying Ray or anyone she deems weak, red wine, fire, the color red

Dislikes: Ray, Zinnia, broccoli, waiting, commoners

 

Name: Frin

Age: 18

DOB: May 5

Likes: bullying Ray or anyone he deems weak, timberwolves, throwing rocks at people

Dislikes: Being yelled at, Large crowds, and the wilderness

2