Introduction
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kas was an ordinary human. Well, she might have fangs, and purple irises she hides behind contacts. Other than that, she's pretty normal.

Her life's normal too. Nothing much to tell about really. She's got her troubles and her happy moments. Her job's a bit crazy, but not too much. It's annoying only when her boss opens a portal in their restaurant's toilet. Two kids got eaten this week. It was a mess to go and clean everything up.

Overall, it's fine.

She can go home and watch her favorite drama, or read her comics. She's got the free time. Life is much better than how it was in the university.

Those weirdos who say the 20s are the best years of your life never applied for higher education. What "college is the best time of your youth"? Clearly, they don't know the terror of a group project, and never had two all-nighters in a row.

Nah, her "youth" was a nightmare.

Kas felt perfect being 35. Now, when she sees college kids saying being 30 is old, she laughs and goes to enjoy her assignment-free life, drinking her coffee and thinking about which movie she will watch this night.

Sure, being a functional adult is not all cakes and glitter, but it's enough for her to be happy.

Ahh. Life is good.

Or it was good.

In fact, Kas didn't know that soon her life will turn rather horrible.

She didn't know that when she will go out this evening, she will meet a stranger. Neither could she predict she'll make a ridiculous bet with him. She also couldn't see a fist flying towards her face and knocking out four of her teeth.

Nah, Kas didn't know this. Else she would rather stay at home. But then, the story would be no fun, so of course, we ain't gonna warn her or anything.

And so, after work, Kas called her friend and went out for drinks.

Here, the story begins.

2