Chapter 1: Beggar or Conman?
72 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5 p.m, the sun began to set. Beijing City, one of the biggest city in China that focused on business similar to Gangnam, South Korea. 

Axel just finished his job on Xing Insurance Company today. He is still using his black business suit, white shirt and black tie and holding black briefcase. The wind blow on him and everyone around, and lifted his suit. If one noticed there is a necklace similar to red crystal shining on his neck. 

He took the bus, passed by some buildings, then already at the bus station, left as start walking on the street and arrived on high-end apartment after minutes of walking. He then pressed number '10969' for the room passcode and entered. 

After taking of the shoes, he threw his briefcase on the bedroom and directly went to the bathroom. 

After washing himself and dressed on normal clothes, he threw himself to the bed. His face with 50:50 black hair, amethyst colour eyes, his body which is not slim, yet at the same time not fat revealed. 

The first thought that crossed his mind after the long work is: 'tiring and boring'. Well, it isn't the first time Axel thought like that, it already became as if programmed to think like that.

His childhood spent on orphanage in Singapore and his school life is nothing better because everyone avoiding him as if Axel is invincible, even though he was one of the top 10 ranked on the school. 

The mentality of boring and tiring life formed when he was in orphanage since there is nothing he could do except studying and striving for success and better life quality.

After graduated, he left the orphanage because reached the maximum age which one could stay in, work for a part-time job at 7Twelven and worked his ass off just for attending university. He lived in shortcomings and bear to loan for his study. 

In short, he transfered to Xing Insurance Company from Singapore to China because Axel often followed the leader to some country and able to translate some language such as Chinese, Bahasa, and English. The leader is old, his last wish on the company was to promote Axel so he can be raised as successor for him. 

After coming to Beijing the first thing that crossed his mind is: 'f**king air pollution, I can't stand it at all!'. Well, but after he remembered his study loan, he bears all the pains.

Nothing changed from his daily life, from time to time his schedule is: Work, home. Work, home. Work, home.

Today's schedule is the same and he no longer paid any attention to the life schedule. He noticed that the trash can is almost filled, he then goes out to throw it. 

It is almost 7pm. Coupled with his white normal clothes, the necklace on his neck shining reddish colour. On his way to garbage dump, his stomach made a growling sound and he decided to diner at some cafe. 

Some minutes passed after his diner, he left the cafe and walk his way to the apartment.

On the building side, there is an old man in dirty white dress, coupled with long hair and white beard he seemed like a beggars. He mumbled on low voice: 'Master, Senior Brother, now I'm officially stepped on Immortal World. B-But why is the world so harsh on me?!' and then series of sighs heard from the old man.

Then, the old man heard a voice of footstep. His eyes focused on the left quickly, and the young man seemed in 25 passed by. The old man wanted to ask for some help but his eyes quickly focused on the necklace. He was shocked but quickly regain his composure and running to the young man. 

Axel on other hand noticed the old man running to his way. He was shocked by the old man action and asked himself: 'Is the beggars nowadays that forward in asking money? No, no I can't let others profit from me. His body is in perfect state! What the heck?! Why can't the old man work for some easy job that earns him money!?'. 

After the series of questions in his mind, the old man finally on his front. On other hand, the old man with nervous state and which focused on the necklace began to see the clear face of the young man. He then kowtowed in front of the young man, and said in a high voice: "S-senior Immortal! This lowly one is Le Jun that ascended a week before! Pleased to meet Senior Immortal! Please guide this Junior on the path of Immortality!" 

Meanwhile, Axel was shocked by the old man words. He thought to himself: 'W-what the hell? At first glance I thought he is a beggars, but hell! He is a conman!'. His brains started working on fast pace and get an answer: Conning him back!

He then answered in ridiculous manner: "Le Jun, right? Guide you to the immortality? You thought too much. This is just the start, as you just ascended I won't say anything. Give me anything that is valuable on your body and I'll forget about the offense just now! And quickly get up so they won't think I'm bullying a Junior, hmph!".

The old man shocked by the words of this 'Senior Immortal'. He think that he has ascended to the highest level of cultivation and achieved immortality, yet this 'Senior Immortal' said that this is just the start. Then the words of this 'Senior Immortal' about his valuable items caught him really off-guard. He then proceed: "Th-This! Yes senior, I-I'll let you see the valuable items on the rings!" 

Saying that, the hold man clenched his fist and in second he opened it. Items such as spirit stones, a dagger with 17cm long appeared. 

Axel seeing this shocked, he stared at the old man and He think to himself: 'This old man is beggar or conman?! How can he do this trick!? O-or is this the ultimate bundle of beggar and conman?! He caught me off-guard! Now I must pay him for the performance right?!'. 

With that in mind, he then took 200 yuan from his pocket and placed it on the old man hand. On other hand, the old hand stunned with this 'Senior Immortal' giving him the money! He already noticed a week after he ascended that the money is something VALUABLE in this world. He didn't think that this 'Senior Immortal' whom he just meet a minutes ago this kind. His heart stirred with the kindness act of this 'Senior Immortal' even though it cost him his valuable items from the lower world! He need to engrave it on his heart to never forget this 'Senior Immortal'. 

1