Ch. 1 – Hooded
432 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the Sun was still at its highest, clad in black, light armor, hidden under a robe, she arrived in the town nearest to the border. The town, Arkal, was mostly used by adventurers as a home base to return to after an expedition or request, as well as the first line of defense against attacks from the Demon Empire. Not that one had happened recently due to its internal power struggles. 

Though she could just warp herself into the middle of town, a woman appearing out of nowhere might bring suspicion. Such is why she appeared in an alleyway she knew of.

Gazing out onto the streets with her red, piercing eyes, she spotted her target: The Adventurers Guild.

Striding with confident steps, her tall figure overtowering most, she attracted many curious gazes.

Arriving in front of the building, she opened the door, being greeted by loud chatting and laughter.

Looking around, she walked towards the reception desk. Placing her Aquamarine Colored Metal Plate on the counter, giving the receptionist a shock.

"O-O-Orichalcum?!" the Girl behind the counter exclaimed, halting all the chatter and laughter, landing looks of shock and disbelief on her and Yuri.

"I would like to speak with the Guildmaster." she stated, picking her plate back up.

"O-Of course! I'll notify him right away!"

___

Sitting on the sofa, she took her hood down, revealing her sharp-cut face and long, jet-black hair.

She was looking at a man who seemed to be about 30 years old, with numerous scars on his face and arms, revealed by his short-sleeved shirt.

The man, Guildmaster Torben, was looking back at her with a look of concern in his eyes.

Finally, he spoke, "So... Miss, how may I be of service?"

"I would like information on any Platinum and above-ranked adventurers who have come through here." she answered.

The Guildmaster's expression relaxed as he said "If it's only that, I'd be glad to be of assistance."

Rummaging through some documents on his messy desk, he pulled out a single one, handing it over to her.

She took a sip of the tea that was prepared by the receptionist while reading through the information on the paper, noting it down mentally.

Standing up, she returned the document, thanked the Guildmaster for his assistance, and left the room.

Going down the stairs, she stopped in front of the board where all requests were posted.

Glancing over them all she took the one that said: "Exterminate the kobolds," and placed it on the front desk.

The receptionist seemed more relaxed than before and asked, "Do you wish to take this request?"

"Yes."

"Then, please sign here," she said, "And take this with you." she finished, as she handed over a copy of the request.

After signing the waiver and leaving the building, she headed towards an inn.

14