Ch. 2 – Harefoot Inn
373 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the guild, she came by a food stall that sold meat skewers. The owner of that food stall had also recommended the 'Harefoot Inn'.

Even though she knew most of Arkals inns, she hadn't heard of this one. 

Arriving there was easy thanks to the stall owner's directions.

It was located in a less bustling part of town.

Entering through the front door, a middle-aged woman was reading a newspaper, seated at a reception desk to Yuri's right.

Noticing Yuri, the woman stood up and smiled. "Welcome to Harefoot Inn! What can I get you?"

"A room, please. I'd like to pay for a week in advance."

"Of course, that'll be 30 silver. May I know your name?" the woman asked.

"It's Yuri."

"Mine's Erika. It's a pleasure to meet you, Yuri."

"Likewise." Yuri replied, putting on a smile. 

After paying for the room, Yuri got a key and headed right up the stairs.

After entering the room, she took off her armor - revealing her toned, well-built figure that wasn't missing any curves.

She took out the little things she had on her person: a water bottle, a book, and her reading glasses. She leaned her longsword in its sheath beside the bed.

____

As she was resting on the small bed she was unable to stretch out on, a knock came from the door.

"Come in." She exclaimed in an audible tone.

The door opened, followed by the entrance of a young girl holding a bowl of water.

"Miss Yuri, I've brought some warm water for you to wash up with!" the girl chirped.

"Alright," Yuri responded, "Thank you."

The girl placed the water on a desk opposite the bed. After that, she paused and stared at Yuri until she looked back.

"Do you need something?" Yuri asked.

"Uhm... My name's Mikki! I hope you enjoy your stay!" the girl responded, blushing.

"Thank you, Mikki."

Again alone in the room, Yuri snapped her fingers, summoning two dark figures that, although they didn't look like they were there, their presence could be felt.

"Ford." Yuri declared.

"Yes, my lord?" one responded in a deep, fear-inducing voice. 

"Stop using that tone while we're here, you might scare someone." she ordered. 

Gesturing once more, Yuri summoned a page in front of Ford that looked identical to the one the Guildmaster had shown her. "Observe him, don't aggravate him, and make sure to tell me if he leaves town."

"Yes, my lord." Ford responded, his tone lighter than before, taking the page and disappearing into the shadows through the floorboards.

The other dark figure was still there, firm in its bow.

"Aren?" Yuri asked.

"Are there any orders for me, my lord?" he inquired, slightly disappointed.

"If I can't do something without your help, I'll inform you." Yuri replied.

"With all due respect, my lord," Aren insisted, "I am one of your shadows; my purpose is to-" Yuri snapped her fingers, making him disappear before he could finish his sentence.

"How bothersome..." she muttered.

9