Ch. 4 – Alpha Kobold
232 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Armed with a dagger and her torch, Yuri entered the cave.
The entrance was smaller than the corridor behind it, which went down at a very slight angle.
Following it, Yuri got to a room that was slightly larger than the corridor.

In it, there were bones of a variety of animals, as well as what seemed to be picked clean human remains. Judging from their bone structure, most of them were female, proving the Kobolds unhealthy obsession with females of other races, which they shared with Goblins.

Moving on, the room funneled into 3 smaller rooms that were respectively filled with the Fur and Leather of animals, Stolen crates and goods such as decorations and non-precious metals.

The last room was filled with rusty, unkept weapons such as Swords, Spears and Axes. Some of them were broken, while all of them were certainly in bad condition.

Next to these three rooms was what looked to be a makeshift door that the Kobolds had made. Beside the already strong stench that was wafting all throughout the cave, the smell of blood and other bodily fluids seemed to be stronger there.

Yuri heard a sound from beyond the door and guessed that it was where all the Kobolds were hiding.

Yuri slowly approached the door, opening it without sound. Holding her torch away from the door,
She peeked through the gap to see a large room, filled with about 30 Kobolds, surrounding a large kobold that looked more like a Wolf than a Dog.

This is an Alpha. Their build is several times larger than any other Kobolds and they also have several times the strength and speed of them. This one looked to be about 2 heads taller than Yuri, which made him quite large.

Some Kobolds were seemingly having a dispute with him, while others nodded when he retorted to their gibberish with his own.

As Yuri stepped in through the door, now in full sight of most of the Kobolds, the Alpha pointed at her and Howled.
Frantically most of the Kobolds brandished an assortment of weapons and ran towards Yuri.

Yuri looked at them calmly, she lifted her left hand, while holding the dagger with her right.

She opened her mouth and said "Stop." as she snapped her fingers. Immediately, the Kobolds ceased to move.

She lowered her hand and as she did, the Alpha pushed his subordinates aside as he walked towards Yuri.

They were now opposite of each other. As the Alpha's eyes were practically licking Yuri's figure with his gaze, she made the first move by throwing her dagger.

Not anticipating her striking first, the Alpha had no time to react to the dagger that was now impaling his right left eye.

Angered, he ran towards Yuri who was circling around him.
He lunged towards her with his claws scratching at her. Yuri avoided him by sidestepping, and he collided with his paralyzed subordinates, knocking them down.

Yuri grabbed a spear out of the hands of a Kobold behind her, and spun it around.

The Alpha was back on his feet and about to charge again, when he saw Yuri holding the spear, he grabbed one of his subordinates swords.

This time, Yuri charged towards him with speed he had never fought against before and due to his large body, he was unable to avoid her strike, parrying it with the sword. 

The exchange of blows continued till the spear Yuri was holding broke in half, the Alpha's sword bouncing off on her Black Armor. 

Yuri jumped back by a small distance, holding the halves of the spear. She jumped forward, striking his tibia, forcing him into a half kneel. She now took the Tip of the Spear and rammed it through his right eye, blinding him. 

Yet Yuri kept penetrating his skull, deeper and deeper till she punctured his brain. She pulled the spears half out his skull. He keeled over and landed on his side. 

Yuri threw the spears halves she was holding on the ground, and unsheathed her Sword. 

"And the end of kobolds was unknown." Jk. You can guess what happened. Short chapter, but the next one will be longer, I promise. It'll also introduce someone 'important'

9