CHAP#1 Encounter with the creepy chest
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

It was a sunny day. As usual people were going for their respective work. 

 

Ethan was working as a part timer at a construction site. Saying construction site might be wrong, because 3 months ago a rich lady came and bought this land and gave advertisement for labors. Work wasn't that difficult and pay was good too. It wasn't like he was in dire need of money or anything, he just liked to do work that involved exercise. So he applied here.

 

Ethan was 19, better looking than average people, had black hair and blueish eyes that gave him a charming look. He had muscles but wasn't burly. His height was pretty decent too. He wasn't that much of righteous person. He was smart. He knew well, what to do and when to do.

 

At construction site,

 

"Yo Ethan, you are early as usual", said a little older man. He was working here too and liked to see the new blood working hard. He was kinda hard-boiled.

 

"Well, as you know, I jog in morning and come here straight away so yep early", while smiling mischievously, Ethan replied.

 

"Hahaha, I know that jogging of yours, you just try your best to get sneak peeks at girls", old man gave a laugh and slapped Ethan's shoulder and went in changing room. Ethan laughed dryly and followed right behind.

 

Soon manager and other workers also came and they started their work at their own respective place. Mostly it was about digging. They were asked to find anything related to boxes or anything along those lines.

 

Ethan was doing his work while listening music. He was used to it and his habit of exercising was going good with it.

 

As he was digging, soon he felt his arm shudder. "Woah! Is there a stone down here or what?", Ethan exclaimed to himself as he felt something hard down there.

 

After digging for a while, he saw a purple colored box, or more like a purple colored chest. The chest looked quite old and gave a feeling as of ancient thing.

"Is this some pirate's treasure?", Ethan joked to himself. "Let's pull it out at least". After pulling it out he examined the chest. The whole chest was made of some weird metal. It was soft and hard at the same time. There were some ruins type design on whole chest. It wasn't shabby at all! 

 

He was quite astonished by it himself. As the chest was there underground for how long who knows, it wasn't dented anywhere. As he was quite far from other people nobody else saw the chest.

 

Earlier he was just joking about being it a pirate's treasure but now he felt like he shouldn't have said so.

 

"Isn't this thingy they are looking for?!", he asked to himself but then curiosity got better of himself. He thought to himself, "A lil' peek won't hurt, right!".

 

"... shouldn't chests have a lid to open them?", Thought Ethan to himself after not finding any sort of lid to open it. He searched for any sort of button or anything that would open it but he he found nothing at all. It was just a air tight sealed chest. "This chest is abnormal", Ethan came to this conclusion after thinking for a while.

 

"Why are these people looking for this chest?", Ethan thought to himself out of curiosity. He actually never met the boss of this land and didn't know any detail.

 

"Now what should i do about it? Should I tell other guys about it? No no no, I'm not some righteous guy anyway, lets take it home at night, maybe i hit rich", getting excited, Ethan came to this conclusion in the end. 

 

In dark of the night, a man and a chest, without notice of anybody, were vanished from the face of Earth! Just kidding. He went home with it.

 

 

2