Chapter 1: Encounter?
367 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mason POV 

I was on my way to the dungeon as per usual, barely geared but what are you going to do when your a low ranked thief that no one wants? I happened upon the most mysterious thing on my way there however. A large rectangular box, with some buttons on one side with a big screen in the center. I walk up to it a bit on my guard, as dungeons can be a bit unpredictable at times but seeing as it is not inside the dungeon begs the question of if it is dangerous in the first place.

Walking close I see some words on the surface. at first they are in an unknown language but after a few seconds it switches back to something I think I can read. 

Hello, I am SVM, How may I help you

"Uh what are you?" 

I am a Vending Machine

"Is that like your race or something?" 

In your world's terminology, Yes. 

"Why are you here?" 

To sell my Items. 

"What Items?" 

Although you may not understand, I dispense Special Items from the bottom slot there ⇓. 

I looked down where the arrow was pointing and I did in fact see a slot that had weird symbols on it. 

"What do you sell?" 

My Items differ person to person but usually include; Weapons, Armor, Food, Potions, Skills/Techniques. 

Would you like to see your options? 

I figure I don't really have anything to lose interacting with the 'machine' here so I indeed ask to see my options. 

  1. Leaf Blade
  2. Grass Armor
  3. Ham Sandwich
  4. Stealth Potion
  5. Wind Bullet Skillbook

I see that when each option is listed on the screen I see that the corresponding button lights up on the side. I decide to ask the machine my most important question. 

"How do I pay?" 

Magic cores of different values, for each slotted core I will calculate the worth and the items you can afford per core will light up. 

All of the lights from listing the options goes out, but the options stay on the screen. I check my bag and I have some slime monster cores and goblin ones. Slotting one of each I see how much they are worth to SVM. 

Calculating...

I  watch as one option lights up on the screen. 

Identifying Cores Value from Bestiary...

1 Slime core ... 1.00 vc

1 Goblin core ... 1.50 vc 

Total value in vc...  2.50 vc

Please transfer more cores to vc, to get the item you want.

I tentatively insert another goblin core into the machine. Looking at the machine vc went up to 5.00 vc and another button lighted up, currently the only items lit up would be "Ham Sandwich" and "Grass Armor". I press the Ham Sandwich option and watch as the machine makes a ringing noise and a thunk noise come from the bottom of the machine, and a tray comes out with a sandwich sitting smack dab in the middle. I watch as 1.00 vc gets removed from the total balance. Putting the sandwich in my bag I continue to put in the rest of my slime cores one by one.

When the total vc hit 10.00 vc the "Leaf Blade" lit up. I was nearly out of slime cores but I wanted to get the skillbook. I had heard of them before and they are said to be incredibly rare. I started to slot in the remaining cores in my bag, and when I was all out the final light for the skillbook flicked on. Pressing it I here the familiar ding and grab it. I hear a voice in my head ask if I wanted to learn it and unintentionally out of instinct I thought, 'yes!' 

I felt a mild burning pain as I grasp my head in my hands. Soon the pain left as fast as it came, and I thought 'Wind Bullet!' in my head. Out of the palm of my hand I watched as the air around it distorted slightly before firing off into the distance. I punch the air in happiness as I have gained a spell! Something normally mages and nobles have.

I am all out of cores and SVM's Screen flashes. 

Purchase made Successfully, Have a nice day.

SVM spits out a few slime cores and then...

And In an instant SVM is gone. I look around, still standing at the entrance of the dungeon and it looks as if nothing even happened. I would have doubted it even happening if I didn't have a Ham Sandwich in my bag. I pick up my slime cores and realize that these seem to be slightly of higher quality, Huh, I'll go check it out with the Appraiser later.  Walking into the dungeon I begin my descent. 

~ 30 Minutes Later ~ 

I walk out of the dungeon, my pack full of cores, I even managed to get a few stronger variants when I used my wind bullet spell. SVM is gone, I wonder when I will ever see him again.

12