Chapter 1. Mission Complete and…..
408 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{ Before you read, I want to make some kind of intro. This is the first time i'm doing something like this. Please give your critics so I can try to make it better. Thank you for reading and sorry for any shortcomings.}

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

The war between demons and people of the races are nearing it's climax, as the chosen heroes from each races confront the demon king inside the throne room.

"Demon King Zeres! Lay down your sword!! If you do, i vow by my name that no more blood will shed!" Said the human hero, sheathing his sword as he tries dissuade the demon king.

"Don't you dare mock me with your lies, heroes!" roared the demon king. "The moment you win this war is the moment my brothers and sisters falls into slavery! And the war will only ends when one side is dead! So cease these nonsense you spewed out, and let your swords do the talking!" shouts the demon king as he darts straight to the heroes.

Whoooooosssshhhhhh~~~

"Finn! Dive to the right!" At the same time Finn, the human hero dived.

Khhiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggkkkkkkk~~~

The sound of metal clashing can be heard throughout. Finn then look back to the place he was before and see Minerva, the draconian hero shield the demon king's sword strike.

"O' my venerable ancestors, observe my deeds as i smite these foul being unto oblivion!" Minerva cry out, at the same time her body starts to shine. Her scales and wings materialized almost instantly.

"Zereeeessss!!!" shouts the human hero as he jumps back into the fray.

"An ambush is futile if you declare it hero."

"Eat this!!" Levitte, the cat beastman, steps in from the flank as he tries to bore the demon king's body.

Thump!!

"You timed it good feline boy. Alas, your ability is insufficient." He declares as he easily caught Levitte's fist, and toss him to Finn.

""Guaaaaarrrggghhhhh……""

"You guys good?" asks Minerva worriedly.

"You do not have the leeway to be distracted, lizard girl." He the kick her flank and blow her into the wall. Zeres gives chase to off her as she tries to get up. The sword comes down from overhead.

Dooooooommmmmm~~~

But the sword didn't make it to it's prey. He then look around and see a man in white jacket holding her at some distance from him.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, ……you can't be that rough when playing with woman, y'know. This is why you're not getting married anytime soon, Zeres." Ars the long eared man says mockingly.

"Cease your mockery and frolicking! I shall not put up with your games!" Utter the demon king. When he tries to give chase, the previously immobilized heroes already come and start fighting him again with renewed vigor.

"Minnie you all right? I've healed those two, so it's your turn now." Ars told the draconian girl, not paying the demon king any heed.

"D-do-don't call me Minnie!! And yes I'm good! so release me this instant!" she said bashfully.

"Sure, but i still need some time to fully heal you."

"It really is a very bizarre power to heal someone. It's almost like magic."

"Let's just say i'm more gifted than most people, eventhough i'm not one of the heroes. Okay, good as new. Don't be careless, alright?"

"Un. It's my intention." Nodded the draconian girl as she dashed towards the battle.

The battle going back-and-forth for some time. And the demon king starts getting pressured from the heroes assault on the fourth day.

"Hhh…hhh…Surrender Zeres. We can still come to an agreement." Said Finn as he drop his stance and to the demon king who falls on one knee.

"I've told you hero the war will only ends when one side is DEEEAAADDD!!!" Roared the demon king as he sprang up to his feet and then swing down his sword from overhead. But the hero's sword has pierced deep into his heart.

"Finn get out of the way!" shouted Ars as he rushes to them.

"What are you doing? He's already-"

"Not yet. You forget my gift huh, Finn?"

"And what's good in healing him? He already said he won't make peace with us." Levitte suspiciously, the grabs Ars's Shoulder.

"You can see it in his eyes, Lev. There's hope. Hope for peace. Hope for mutual understanding. Hope for a better day. Hope for his Brothers and sisters to know peace and freedom." He answered and brushed Levitte's hand.

"Then what the hell all this fight for, Ars? That's nonsense!"

"You're the one guy who i don't want to hear that from, Lev! Remember what you say before joining?! "The beastman will only join you if you are as strong as us or stronger than us, only by that you can obtain our trust." What is that if not nonsense, Lev?!" Rant Minerva in exasperation

"Thanks for the backup Minnie. Finn, if you still-"

"Nah…go ahead. Make sure he's good as new, okay?"

"Sure."

"……Says the… guy… who stabbed me… to death… with… a sword…" Zeres muttered jokingly.

"Um…uh…i…i'm sorry?" Finn said bewildered by the demon king words.

"Umu. Apology accepted."

"Hahahahaha…i don't know the demon king can tell jokes."

"Pffft…ahem (cough) you're very rude to the demon king, Lev. And Finn why is it a question? And how can you sit there quietly, Ars? And what are those things you keep throwing out the window?"

"First, i need to concentrate. Second, i see you're all exhausted so i'm giving letters to our messenger to tell them the war is over." Ars said unamused.

"Oh yeah we should. C'mon Lev, Minerva, we have to tell them peace have come and arrange the meeting between the alliance leaders and the demon king."

""Yes, sir."" they salute him and the three of them moved on.

"………You are peculiar long-ears. I have known many of your race but none of them can do this 'heal' thing you're doing. And as far as i know there is no such skill in this world. Do tell me how did you obtain it long-i mean Ars?"

"So, Zeres. I can call you that right?"

"Of course. Why do you ask?"

"Well, you're literally a king."

"Are you not a king yourself?"

"No, I'm not. Thank you very much. So, Zeres, i will answer your questions. First, yes i am quite peculiar, some even call me freak because of this gift that only i have. Second, no i do not know how i get this gift, that's why i call it gift. I'm the first and the last person known to have this gift, and i can't teach them. Believe me when i say i can't because I've tried. Other questions?"

"Why do this?"

"Umm…oh! You mean healing you and all. Hmm……well, first of all we, i mean all people in this world including demonkin want to have peace, right? So instead of eradicating one another, why not work together and make those dreams of all races walking in peace come true." Zeres's eyes widened and his mouth agape.

"That's a lie. At first, i don't really care about demon kin all that much, y'know? I mean, some of the demons even invaded the village i'm living in and killed or enslaved the villagers, But it's alright i don't judge. And so, the reason i do this, first because it's the same. Demon invade the other races and killed or enslave them. The people of the races invade the demon's villages and kill or enslave them. it's keeps going for god knows how long and let's just say i'm one of the people who've grown sick of it.

Secondly, I met them. The demons, people of your country, i talked with them. I ask them about your country's policy, safety, prosperity, etc. And all i can see from anyone i talked to is love. They love you as the country's leader. Every one of them want to become your subject, someone who can benefit you and the country at any costs.

It's creepy actually, but when i saw you i understand them. Your eyes filled with hope and near the end of the battle, you started trusting us. And i want to bet for that future too. So, any other questions?"

"You really are one peculiar bastard. ……is there no cost for this gift of yours? Because if there's none, i find it rather unsettling."

"Hmm… the cost is my stamina. The longer i use it, the longer i need to recover. Now get up. I don't really like giving lap pillow to a man. And by looks of it, preparation for the meeting is done."

"Demon king Zeres, the meeting has been arranged. Please let me know when you're ready."

"Your alliance's messenger education is not quiet adequate. What say you Ars?"

"Well……demon king Zeres if i may, the last adequately educated envoy has already become fertilizer."

"I am ready for the meeting."

"Then please follow me, demon king."

Although the demon king not too amused by the envoy's he goes along quietly. As he went into the Alliance Base camp, i went to treat the injured.

Long story short, the treaty has been signed, and the biggest parade in history is rolling around. From the Castle balcony i can see the town square where the heroes are paraded around, as i sip my wine.

Three months after the parade, here i am celebrating Finn's wedding party in the castle and also his appointment as the new king of Rhiennon, the alliance empire.

"So, um…you've already recovered right? May i-"

"Minnie come with me." I told her as i take her hand and walk to the castle's garden. When we arrived at the pavilion, i looked around to make sure there's no one else, and ask her to sit.

"W-wh-why are you brought me here?" says Minerva as she fidgeting.

"Ehem (cough) Minni-no, Minerva i knew how you see me and how you feel about me all this time. And i need to say, that i am sorry as i can't reciprocate your feelings for me." I said while bowing down to her.

"H-hmph! W-w-who in th-their right mi-minds would ever h-ha-have feelings for you?!" At first i thought she's saying the truth but, as i try to get up i saw droplets of water falls from her face. I immediately get up and see her eyes looking straight at mine. Her shoulders quivering, her pursed lips trembling, and her eyes wet with tears. I embraced her abruptly

"Let go of me! Let mee gooo! Is it so amusing to watch someone trying their best to even get your attention?!" She keeps screaming, hitting my chest continuously, and kicking my shins or kneeing my gut alternately.

"I'm sorry…I'm so sorry…Minnie."

"Shut up! Let go! Don't call me that! Why don't you just say it if you hat-"

"I can't! I can't hate you! Sorry, okay?! I just can't! So hate me instead! Please! Despise me! Loathe me!"

We keep going back-and-forth like this for some hours until she fell asleep so i carry her inside.

"Excuse me miss, can you show me the way to her room?"

"Yes. Please follow me, sir…"

"Ars it's Ars. And you are?"

"It is Jania, Sir Ars." We keep chit-chatting all the way to the room.

"Thank you for the help Jania. I can take it from here."

"It is my pleasure, Sir Ars"

I get inside the room and lay her on the bed. As i think about what to write her, the voice in my head tells me that i only have twelve seconds. So i take out a small box from my jacket, put it in her hand, and caress her hair. When i start to feel a piercing pain in my chest i run out of her room, trying to get to the wine cellar. While i run, i bump into Finn, Zeres, and Lev

"Ars it's been a long time not. last time i saw you, you run out with Minerva. Where is she?"

"She sleeps in her room, Lev."

"Ars, my long-eared friend, are you well? You look pale i can almost see what's behind you. What do you say, Finn?"

"Well…i agree with you Zeres, even his face is twitching."

"Yes Zeres. In fact i feel good. And about my face it's because i haven't going out for too long. It'll go back to normal after a while. And please excuse me, but i have to go. it's number two"

"If that's how it is, then it's all good. Do take care."

""Agree""

at last, I've reached the cellar. Now i need to down some barrels, so they think i die by alcohol poisoning. It's hot, feels like i'm burning. It's hurt, the damage i healed all these years comes up altogether.

"Oh Fuck! Kill me already! When did i even heal someone's inflamed c*ck?! For fuck sake the pain is real." I keep cursing as i down the wine. It starts to feel good, relaxed, seems like i'm gonna die anytime now.

****************

Before long, i open my eyes and see the same place again. Simple 6*4 square room with no furniture, safe for the king size bed. And there lies Lilith the self-proclaimed Fallen Goddess. Lilith gave me a deal that entails me becoming a god and she becomes my soul mate in other word, a goddess. I know it's weird, crazy, and risky but, it's exciting.

"Congratulations for your success this time too, my champion. It means you have successfully finished your task for 3024th time, but it makes me worried to see you using your skill to heal all those people, y'know?"

"Bullshit, Lilith! At least tell me about the skill i got cause i sure as hell didn't have 《appraisal》skill. I first thought it was 《heal》but it's 《life-giving》. Are you crazy?! Don't mess with me, Lilith. The only reason i help you is because of mutual interest, and nothing more." I spoke to her harshly to show my dissatisfaction.

"Ohh…i see. Mmm… so you're only do this out of mutual interest and nothing more,huh? Then what happen down there? From my perspective your 'boy' looks hard and stressed. Want to release some tension?" Lilith spoke seductively as she hold me from behind.

"Enough with your jokes. And Why the hell an elf, Lilith? A FUCKIN ELF?! I told you to strictly reincarnate me as a human. I hate learning different races aptitude and capabilities. If it's human there's only weak or strong and i can do both. So-"

"Sshhh." she pressed her index finger on my lips. "Now now… girls hate chatterbox you know?" She told me condescendingly.

"And don't start patronizing me, because i know you loved it. Also, what's with all that sugarcoated hope stuff?! It makes me nauseous hearing all that, my ears almost rot and fall off. Oh and don't get me start about your cute little lizard girl, because it's cringed as hell."

Wow… she said all that shit in one breath that's talent, i tell you. Now we know those huge breasts is her lung capacity.

"Ahem. Let me congratulate again. Congratulations. Now, since you've achieved the best outcome possible, you'll be getting 2 gacha tickets as a prize."

Usually, someone will only get 1 after completing a mission so it's good enough to get 2 of it. My last mission was to achieve peace for humanity, but taking into account all i've done bringing all races together, isn't it weird i only got 1 more as a bonus?

"I know what you think. but it's not me who made all these rules. Speaking of which, adding the bonus this time you've got 1000 tickets now, so you can pull the finest gacha. It's 1000 tickets for 1200 price y'know."

"What's good about it if the prize random. Furthermore, even if i get more skills, the number of skill i can use is random. And i can't tell the exact effect of any skill i get to use. It's all to random, Lili. And what's with the prize list why's there a plastic bag in that list?!"

"That's why it's the best time to use the tickets. Maybe you can get one god skill this time. You need at least three omni skill to become god and you've never tried the 1000 pulls right? Why not now? C'mon! Give it a try."

"Can't you pull it? At least i can blame you if it's all trash."

"No can do, dear. Remember when i told you everyone can only use the ticket they obtained by themselves. I swear i won't laugh even if it's all trash."

Well at least there's only two of us who knows. I slipped all my tickets inside the gacha machine, and hit the 1000 pull on the screen. Good luck, me. Suddenly, a treasure chest appears in front of me and fell on the floor.

Your purchase has been delivered.

Would you like another try?

Yes or No

I choose no and the gacha machine makes a bzzzt…bzzzt… before vanishing. When i open the treasure chest, a blinding light appeared and my conciousness disappeared.

"Nghhh…what's up with with that box it literally took me out. Hah…" i sigh. "yeah whatever let's see what i got." I muttered so as i read the list of prizes i got. The list divided between Items and Skills.

The first list is items

Plastic Bag ×4, Banana ×7, Short Shorts ×3, Kitchen Knife ×2, Legendary Mewtwo Card ×1, Heavy-duty Notebook ×1, Durandall ×1, Zeus's Imitation Thunderbolts ×1, Hepaestus's Blacksmith set ×1, God's Toothpick ×1, etc

The second list is skills

Crawling, Walking, Talking, Breathing, Cooking, Kissing, Unarmed Combat, Hand-holding, Caressing, Petting, Comprehension, Apprehension, Mana Manipulation, Appraisal, Magic Eyes,etc.

Your skills had met the requirements needed to evolve.

Would you like to do it ?

Yes or No

"Of course it's a yes!" I hug Lilith, then cheering and jumping around like crazy. I stopped when i saw her amazed face and explain to her why i'm so happy.

"Lilith you won't believe it, i just got 《Appraisal》skill. now i can tell if my skills are shit, so i won't overuse it."

"Yes… No! That's not what surprised me! Its the 《Unrestrained》skill! "

"Ehh…What the hell is that? You're delighted for a whole wrong reason. The skill you should be happy about is the 《Appraisal》."

"You really don't get it? That skill means you're exempted from some of the rules."

"Eh? What rules?"

"The mission's rules, silly. It means you're one step closer to become god, because it will be a hell lot easier now."

"Ohhh……"

The Evolution will be installed shortly.

The body and mind restarting while installing the evolution.

Would you like to commence the operation now?

Yes No Later

"Lilith,enough about that i will sleep for sometime. Don't wake me." I then choose yes.

The operation will commence in 3…2…1…0.

5