Chapter 9: on the way
1.1k 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

LANA'S POV

It has been 6 years since i awakened my demon king’s lineage, well I think so but since demons doesn't do anything like birthdays i doesn't really know. Dad found the idea odd until big bro'. Wait no its big sis' now, should I call him onee-chan, or even better onee-sama! Back to the main topic, dad found the idea rather odd until big sis' presented it like celebrating the fact that you survived another whole year. I guess that this world is really dangerous, I didn't go out of the estate that much. Unlike sis wo hunt her blood, and meat, herself every day. I think that she turned into something like a battle maniac, she keeps on asking fight with the guards and she can already beat most of them, she still can't win against the officers but that's only a matter of time. And the way she's smiling when fighting, ahhh so beautiful.... I shouldn't let go of my manners Like that, but this journey is so boring. I'm happy that we're finally going to the Academy, this trip is so damn long however. And sis is still training her centipede, how am I losing to an insect thingy!

I decided to fight back and curled up on the seat and rested my head on her lap. indeed, a wonderful place to be at. And then I reached heaven: she began to pat my head!

"Awww. Did my little kitten feel lonesome?"

She called me her 'little kitten'!? Achievement get! I didn't answer and purred.

..........

Why was this trip so short! I need more cuddles!

As the door of the carriage opened i tried to get back on my feet an present myself properly but big sis didn't let me. She held my head in place...

"Shhh she's tired by the travel don't bother her" she then scooped me in her arms. And she princess carried me through the town. I didn't really care about peoples looking at me, there was nothing else than big sis and her warm embrace. Nothing mattered anymore except that I belonged to her.

I was finally rested on a cushioned surface. As I opened my eyes I saw sis, gently smiling at me.

"Say, sis, why do you seek freedom so much, isn't it easier and safer to just obey someone or something?"

"It is indeed, and I know that it wouldn't make me unhappy, but I never understood what it means to be constrained. In the end the choice is always mine... At least I never encountered a situation where I don't have a choice."

"But you didn't have any other Choice when you asked for a deal with father?"

"Of course, I had, I could still choose to die. Like right now, I can strangle myself or stop my heart with the centipede. I don't feel like it, but if I have a choice between obedience or death, I will chose the latter because it doesn't deprive me of my freedom. I can also choose to serve someone or to bind myself to someone, like you, but that would be a choice of my own volition and should i feel my freedom menaced it's more likely that I would flee or suicide."

"That's a bit extreme don't you think?"

"Yep, I’m fully aware! but meh."

 

"So, if someone threatens you into obedience by menacing to kill me you would abandon me?"

 

"Dunno, but first I’ll try to kill him, if I can’t I guess that I’ll let you die and go in search of a great fight to die and join you in our next life."

 

It kinda hurt to know that she won't sacrifice her freedom for me, but that's how she is... and she said she would chase after me even after death! kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

 

"For now, you should familiarize yourself with our dorm. i guess that we'll have another roommate since there are three beds."

 

There was three room: something like a living room with a sofa two desks and a lot of bookshelves, a bathroom, and a bedroom with three simple beds. I quickly went in and pushed two beds together, making a makeshift double bed. The apartment was nice, high class, but not as luxurious as the mansion or father's castle and this was a welcome change of scenery. we let Nour and Syca, my personal maid, to unpack our things and went to tour the city.

 

The city is divided in four main districts: a central district which hold all of the Academy's administration as for the three others they are the Magus' district, the Warriors' district and the Warmasters' district. Which are the three main branches of the academy, one that teaches magic, one that teaches fighting and the last one that teaches commanding. We are lodging in the magus' district because i want to be a mage: who didn't dream at least once to be able to use magic? Well, I did and this is a dream come true. As for sis... She is taking every class available, i know for sure that she won't be present to at least half of them...

 

And so, she can have a dorm in the magus district, and because we are family we requested to be in the same dorm. Hell yes, more cuddles! It's a shame that I’m not interested in little girls. She's not quite a lol since she looks to be around 12, and I’m not into that either anyway. We continued to tour the town and sis bought me sweets! I shall remember this stall.

 

When we finally got back to our room there was another person waiting on the sofa. And the diner was ready for three persons. A guest then? But she looks to be around our age, so, maybe our roommate.

 

"Hello, i am Krell and this is my sister Lana"

 

"You two are demons, right? Behold for I am Kutra Orkshurt, princess of the Orkshurt kingdom !"

 

"I believe that you weren't aware that stating your title and family name in the Academy is akin to beg for an expulsion?"

 

Sis you'll break her if you're not careful. Look she literally melted from high and mighty to confused and scared.

 

Sis sighed. " I am Krell Symbios and she's Lana Regis"

 

"Huh!? Symbios? Regis?!?"

“” Yep!”” seems that she knows us, well it’s obvious that a lot of kingdom monitor the demon kingdom and who their royals are.

 

"I apologize for my unsightly behavior from before."

 

"Doesn't matter, just be careful not to reveal our names and yours. And seriously why the heck did you do that?"

 

"I.. i thought that you were commoners and that if I could impress you. T... then you'd become my followers. I'm sowwwwwwy."

 

And now she's crying. But i guess we really looks like commoners huh? I mean my dress is plain and sis.... well I don't think that tube tops and hotpants are noble like clothing even in this world. At least she doesn't have a sword.

 

"That's exactly why you don't go around telling your name: you don't know which rank peoples are. Even more so with demons since they are all loyal to the demon king as long as he stays a good ruler, it's a racial characteristic."

 

"So, it's not a myth ?!"

 

"Nope, let's eat" I said already seated and waiting.

 

..........

 

It was a good meal. No, it was an awesome meal, i mean sis fed me! And from talking with Kutra we learned that she's the only princess and younger royal of Orkshurt. And she's a spoiled brat. Like really, REALLY spoiled. She never did anything she didn't want to, and everyone was at her beck and call, her father and her two older brothers included.

 

We went to sleep soon after, and I snuggled closer to sis under the blankets. I've never slept without sis, except for the times she went to hunt for two days straight. Considering that there weren't any dangerous creatures up there she soon became the apex predator of the mountains. It was strange seeing a young girl coming back with tattered clothing and dry blood all over her. But it gave her a wild look, Beautiful.

 

I finally bought smash's second fighter pass ! Sephiroth is soo cool !

And did you know that you can write it with the Periodic table: 34 15 1 77 8 90.

And to celebrate this new arc  i'll do something that i love to do : favorites jokes.

"Awww. Did my little kitten feel lonesome ?"

She called me her 'little kitten'!? Achievement get ! I didn't answered and hit the favorite button.

38