14
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amneris shot upright in her bed. She scanned her darkened room, breathing deeply. Just a dream, she told herself. It was just a dream. She pulled back the blankets. For the first time in ages, she realised just how close she had come to shifting into her true form. Normally, she could control it, but there were times that she could not.

She ran a shaking hand through her hair. It was a miracle in itself that no one had come to investigate the sudden power surge which was no doubt caused by her almost-transformation. Usually, someone did. That someone was Leo. He had known something was bothering her and had not made a massive fuss over it, which was sweet of him. The music earlier had relaxed her a bit, but . . .

She pushed the blanket off her and stood, pulling on pants and a hoodie over her pyjamas before finding shoes. She left her room, quietly closing the door behind her so she would not wake anyone. She climbed down the wooden stairs to the front door, using her power to take to the skies. Amneris soon found herself heading towards Lapide.

She landed on one of the Palace's many balconies, tapping the window in front of her. It opened. She climbed in, finding a man waiting for her with nothing but kindness in his sapphire eyes. Lvaane pointed to the seat next to his own. Amneris sat, taking a deep breath. She looked her adoptive father – the previous King of Lyriumia – in the eyes.

"I need your help."

0