18
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Colt found himself in the desert sands.

He had jumped off the black stallion which brought him this far and was running to save her from the silver-haired man standing over her fallen form. That sword was still sticking from her motionless body, as though the man thought it now worthless. That only served as a way to anger him more

Colt slowly moved towards her, not knowing what he was doing. His mind was blank. His body moved on its own. His hands gripped the hilt and he pulled the blade – still dripping red and gleaming in the light of the eclipse – from her. He ran towards the silver-haired man who turned in surprise, only o find himself staring in surprise at the sword. Colt severed the man's head from his body in one mighty swing.

Without waiting for the swaying body to fall, he dropped the sword and ran to her. She was laying where he had left her. Colt gathered her in his arms, shaking her slightly. There was no response, just like last time. No, he thought. No, I cannot have lost her again!

Her eyes shot open and she gasped, her body arching with the motion. Thank the gods, Colt thought to himself, closing his eyes for a moment before allowing himself to look down at her once again. Her violet-gold eyes pierced him. Then, she spoke the two words he feared to hear from her with so much venom that he dropped her, reeling back. Your fault.

She stood, her pale clothing and auburn-gold hair stained scarlet from the blood she had lost. The wound it came from was still very much open as she came closer, her hips moving fluidly with the motion. All your fault. She raised her khopesh, the one he had given her mere days ago. She pushed it straight through him. You will never be forgiven for what you did.

He fell to the desert sands, unable to do anything but watch as the word faded around him. All he could see was her sashaying away, not caring for what she had done.

* * * * * * * *

Colt shot upright, suddenly awake. He was in his room – his room in Amneris' house, to be specific. His hands went to his head. There was no sign of injury, not even a scar. He was fully intact. Of course. It took him a moment to remember that he was now immortal. He could not die even if he wanted to.

He went to stand, only to be pushed back down. His head spun with the sudden movement, black spots dancing in his vision. Colt looked up to find the Queen standing above him, her hands braced on her hips and an irritated look on her face which was now fully intact and how it had been before it exploded. The thought was enough to make Colt shiver.

Amneris' lips twitched upwards, almost as though she was glad he was awake but was trying to hide it. She seemed to have no idea about the nightmare he just relived in his first immortal death. It took all his willpower to not let out a relieved sigh. He did not need her knowing about that, especially when the woman in question was standing in front of him.

"If you took any longer, I would've worried."

Liar. She was clearly very worried. He could see it in her eyes. He could not help but wonder if she had been by his side the whole time they had been back at the house. After her head came back.

"It's been half a day since Kek shot you to pieces." She imitated firing a machine gun, clicking her tongue for the shots. "It's good to see you whole again. The whole immortality gig . . ." She trailed off, searching for the right words. "It can take some getting used to."

You would know. "What happened to him?" Colt asked, slowly sitting up again. She did not stop him this time.

"You mean Kek?" Amneris let out a laugh. "You think I'm seriously OP for no reason?" She shifted the maroon jacket she was wearing over her shoulders in a visible nervous motion.

He slowly reached out, pulling the grey zipper down and slowly taking the fabric from her shoulders. Silver lines were covering her arms and the lower section of her neck. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Okay, so Kek brought backup. A lot of backup. Nikki is down as well. Leo is the only one who wasn't entirely injured. He's fine now."

"What about you?"

"Fine now that my head it back," she laughed. The moment passed, a frown returning to her gorgeous features. She placed a hand on his brow, leaving it there before allowing for it drift down to his cheek. He leaned into her touch. She did not seem to mind that much. "You go back to sleep now. I want you moving by dinner. Is that clear?"

"Crystal, milady." Colt kissed the pam of her hand. He could swear she went red.

Amneris moved away, getting ready to leave again, but he caught her waist – now fully intact. The movement caused him pain, but he did not notice it that much. He pulled her back until she was sitting beside him on the bed. "Stay with me for a while longer. Please?"

She was silent, considering her options, before sighing. "Fine." Amneris pushed on his shoulders as he lay down, letting her tug the blanket over the both of them. Her arms drifted around him. "Now, please go to sleep," she murmured, seeming almost content in his arms. "More rest will make sure you're fully healed."

Unable to stop himself, Colt pressed a kiss to her hair. She tensed momentarily, but it passed. "Thank you for trying to save me."

He could feel her smirking. "Any time."

0