Omake: Fractal Plane Refresher Course
102 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just a script-format bonus prologue of sorts to get you guys up to speed. Enjoy~ 

If you feel like reading the lines with anime seiyuu voices, head over to the Glossary section to find out the character voices!

If you feel like reading the lines with anime seiyuu voices, I have Kouki Uchiyama as the VA for Kazuki and Yui Horie as the VA for Sayaka        

Kazuki: Fractal Plane Refresher Course!

Sayaka: Episode 1. Awakener's Pact.

Kazuki: Kazuki Arata here.

Sayaka: And I'm Sayaka Uehara. 

Kazuki: Today, I will be talking about the previous volume's events in order to get our readers up to speed.

Both: Let's begin!

Kazuki: Awakener's Pact, the first volume of Fractal Plane, starts off with my mundane everyday in Shiroki City with my sister Hikari and the few friends I have. Typical everyday stuff for an anime protagonist and a student of Fuyusato Academy's Class 2-C. That is, until the first day of school introduced me to a transfer student in the form of Miss Aloof Dark-haired Girl #2315 here.

Sayaka: What kind of description is that?

Kazuki: Just look at yourself! Long, black hair. An elegant and aloof aura. You even have a sword as your weapon. If that's not a design archetype, possibly even one of the author's favorites, then I don't know what is! It's right up there with the blondes with knightly aesthetics who wear blue. Don't you know Agrias, Saber, Alice, and Violet Evergarden?

Sayaka: I don't understand what you're talking about, but carry on.

Kazuki: Moving on, everything seemed fine and all until I happened to chance upon Uehara losing her ID card fighting off a drunk stiff. I really didn't know how to approach her, but I just took that card with the intention of returning it to her. Things happened, and I ended up inside a Fragment.

Sayaka: What is a Fragment, you ask? They are tiny dimensions that occasionally manifest in various spots around the city. These pocket dimensions are networks that connect to Mu, a world beyond the one we live in. Most Fragments are teeming with Nullities, shadowy monsters that are born from the storm that is human emotions.

Kazuki: Typically, these dimensions are harmless, but occasionally, people can get sucked in, and that's where it gets troublesome. I experienced it myself, and I swear I could have died inside.

Sayaka: You sure did! I thought it was a lost cause at first. However, I saw your will to live, and I knew that someone who resembles my big brother that much would never bite it that easily. So I managed to give you part of my powers and bring you back to life. Talk about the power of a sister's love!

Kazuki: Sibling love, huh? I wouldn't have known that given how much you gave me the cold shoulder afterwards.

Sayaka: I just wanted you to stay out of trouble because of how reckless you can be. Can't you relate to that?

Kazuki: Umm... I would say so. And yeah, I was a bit too reckless when I jumped into another Fragment in order to save my childhood friend, Miki Amagi. But without that recklessness, I would never have realized that your act of reviving me had turned me into an Awakener, a person granted the power of an Armament, unique magical weapons manifested from a person's soul. In my case, it's my handy shield, and for you, it's your trusty sword.

Sayaka:  I was trying to avoid all that from happening in the first place. Oh well. On the bright side, you actually handled yourself pretty well as a newbie, as much as I hate to admit it. 

Kazuki: Yeah. From saving Amagi to attending that idol event and finding out my Armament's ability. It's been a busy weekend for me. Not to mention the Fragment near the idol event that led me to the arc villain... I swear I knew that doctor's suspicious from the get-go.

Sayaka: You saved me against him, too. Thank you.

Kazuki: After all you did for me, how can I not repay the favor? A life for a life.

Sayaka: Although... did you have to say those cheesy anime lines all throughout the fight? Stuff like... This new bond I want to make with you is the one that I won't let go of! or...  I want you to share your burden with me. Hahahaha! Sorry, I can't help it.

Kazuki: Hey, those are cool anime protagonist lines! Stop laughing at them!

Sayaka: To be fair, you nailed your part perfectly. I can't believe I also let myself be caught up in the moment.

Kazuki: More things happened after all that, but Uehara and I are now officially Shiroki City's Nullity-busting duo. Students at day, superpowered teens dealing with supernatural threats at night! Now if you want to know about our adventures and how it all started in more detail, make sure to head over to the first volume of Fractal Plane, Awakener's Pact, right now!

Sayaka: Arata, you better take that part about being a student seriously. You can't be slacking off too much because our first exams are coming in a month. Miss Sadohara could only cover for you for so long.

Kazuki: Ah crap! You just had to remind me of that, Miss Transfer Student... At the very least,  our class trip is also coming, and it should be a good way to unwind and focus for the exams. I heard that it's going to bring us to the lush and historical mountains of Tenka Peak. I wonder what new adventures await us there.

Sayaka: I wonder...

Kazuki: Well, that's it for the day. It's been a pleasure talking.

Sayaka: Likewise. Thank you for listening!

Both: We'll be seeing you in Volume 2 of Fractal Plane soon! Till next time. Bye! 

4