Chapter 7- Prodigy
714 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 days later we arrive at the meeting point and see Sebastian waiting for us. Princess Diana takes of her hood and runs towards him. 

-Sebastian! 

-Princess Diana! I'm glad your safe. 

-Yup! Thanks to sir Snake. 

Sebastian then walks up to me and hands me a briefcase. 

-Your pay sir. 

-Pleasure doing business with you, also here documents about who hired her kidnappers. 

I receive my pay and hand him the letters and ledger i got from the kidnapper's leader. 

-I suppose you'll be asking for a bonus? 

-No, just think of it as me buying favors. 

-I see... Well then i will be bringing the princess home now. 

Sebastian walks away bringing the princess with him. I decide to take a look around the capital and do some sightseeing. I stumble across a slave shop and decide to go in out of curiosity. Slavery in the kingdom still exists despite the efforts of all 3 heroes eventually it slowly returned to the mainstream around 1000 years ago. 

I ask the merchant to see what he's offering and he takes me to the back room where i see dozens of slaves from criminal to debt slaves. Then i see one that catches my eye. A young rabbit girl who's missing all four limbs. 

-My apologies sir for showing such unsightly scene, please let-

-How much? 

-Huh? 

-I said how much? 

-Uh... 200 dollars. 

-Here. 

I pay the merchant and he opens the cell door. I walk in and pick up the girl and wrap her in a cloak. Afterwards i leave the capital towards my safehouse. 

After a day of nonstop driving we reach the safehouse. I place her on the operating table and give her some anesthesia. I begin the going through the Holo-wrist shop and start buying prosthetics, this time focusing on performance. I even buy a DNI or direct neural interface allowing me to enter her mind with just a touch. I also buy a jump pack and a black hooded combat rig along with other pieces of equipment. In total it costed me 2 million points for all the gear and prosthetics. Afterwards i start up the auto-surgeon. 

Cherié's POV

Apparently I've been bought. I don't know why someone would buy me but they did. I see a hooded man with a scary mask on his face. He takes me to some kind of cave and lays me on a table before covering my mouth with some sort of mask. I slowly feel sleepy and pass out. 

I wake up in in a field. I look down and see i have limbs! Honest to god limbs! I must be dreaming! 

-You are dreaming. 

I hear a voice and turn to see the hooded man sitting on a floating rock, he continues speaking. 

-We're inside your mind. I've decided the best way to train you is in here. 

-What do you mean train? And how are you in my head? 

-I've planted a special device in the back of your neck allowing me to directly communicate to your mind. I wanted you to get used to having limbs before you wake up. 

-Why? I don't have limbs. 

-Actually i've attached new metal limbs to your body while you slept.

-Really!? 

-Yup, that's why i want you to take this training seriously. 

He lifts up his hand and several platforms appear next to him. 

-Try getting up this platform. 

I slowly make my way to the platform while getting used to finally having limbs again. As i make it up the first platform the hooded man appears on the second. 

-To get up here you'll need to use the jump packs on your back. 

I place my arm over my back and feel two strange tubes sticking out. I think these are the jump packs thingies he was talking about. 

-The jump packs are controlled by your mind, try thinking about jumping in mid air. 

After several failed attempts and nearly falling of the platform i manage to get up the second platform. 

-Good job, now try navigating this obstacle course. 

I look forward and see a long series of barriers and floating walls with parts of the floor missing. 

-Don't worry about falling, you'll land back here at the start. 

I remember I'm still in a dream and decide to just go for it navigating the jumps and wall running to make it to the end. 

-Very impressive miss? 

-Oh my name is Cherié, master. 

-Don't call me that, just Snake. 

-Very well then... Sir Snake. 

-Now on to weapons training. 

He waives his hand and a long table with strange looking weapons on it appears as well as archery targets 50 meters away. 

-I've given you the memories on how to operate all of these weapons so just familiarise yourself with them and start practicing. 

I grab one of the smaller weapons and instinctively know how to wield it. 

BANG BANG BANG BANG

After trying out and familiarising myself with all the weapons sir Snake snaps his fingers and the scenery changes to some sort of snowing city. 

-Now time for some live fire training. We are currently in front of a factory being occupied by well armed bandits. Your job is quickly and efficiently clear out the factory. Be careful as even in your mind they will still hurt. 

After he says that he disappears leaving me standing in a courtyard with bullets flying around me. 

I rush to cover while returning fire. After that i quickly head in side the building and begin taking out the bandits. 

Snake's POV

I watch as Cherié enters the factory. She quickly dispatched the ones at the gate and making good use of her jump pack she goes from cover to cover whittling down the defenders. She also makes good use of grenades, especially frags, though i notice she doesn't like using concussion grenades probably cause her rabbit ears make her more sensitive to sound. I make note of buying her stronger noise canceling earpieces. 

Once she finished clearing the factory i reappear in front of her. 

-Good job, there's a few more exercises i want you to run. 

-Okay! Im ready! 

I snap my fingers and have her go through a few more scenarios like one that involves a train going boom and a vip escort in Cairo. Afterwards i bring her to 4 doors. 

-You have 4 choices, either try another obstacle course, go back to the firing range, or run a different live fire exercise. 

-What about number 4?

-You can wake up and try your new limbs in real life.

She the goes through door number 4 and i follow right behind her. 

23