Chapter 26- Full Circle
345 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We enter the briefing room to see Fox waiting for us, she looks surprised at my appearance. She looks over at Cherié and Fey. She asks Brooks about me. 

-Sir why did you bring him? 

-Cause i asked him to. 

She walks over and looks at me dead in the eye. 

-How did you survive? 

-Confidential, even if i told you you wouldn't believe it. 

-Alright, who's the girl? 

-My apprentice, i saw potential her skills. 

Brooks claps his hands and starts the briefing. 

-Alright listen up, the mission is to infiltrate warlord "Heavenly Dragon" compound. We don't have much intel on what's inside but we do know that the outer defences while numerous are poorly trained and coordinated. You should be able to sneak past and make your way into the compound. Once inside you'll clear out each floor till you find the warlord, once you find him head to the exfill with him. Remember, we need the intel so bring him back alive. Any questions? 

-What's our exfill Brooks? 

-You'll be dropped by stealth VTOL and picked up the same way. 

-Copy.

After the briefing i bring Cherié and Fey to the armoury, i plan on briefing them on what to expect. To ensure privacy i communicate through our DNIs. 

{Cherié, Fey, remember that we'll be going up against people with the same kind of weapons as us, so we need to be extra careful.}

{Is that why you had us run more simulations when we arrived?} 

{Yeah, i wanted you to get used to people shooting back.}

{Understood, what about our mana-equipment?} 

{We'll use those if we need to, since we have Miss. Fox tagging along i prefer to keep it a secret.}

{Roger.}

We start stocking up on ammo and 'nades. I also take a look at the weapons the armoury has on offer. 

A few days later we arrive of the coast of mainland China, with the civil war going on its unlikely anyone will try to take on a U.S supercarrier task group. We board the VTOL and fly off towards the target, a military complex deep within China in the dead of night. 

I brought my AKN-44 and a breacher variant of the Brecci. Cherié uses a longer ranged version of the Man-o-War along side her ICR carbine. Fox has a M8A8 rifle and her classic Hecate II. Of course all our guns are suppressed, with the exception of my Brecci. 

We get dropped off 300 meters from the compound and make the rest of the way there on foot. We take out a patrol we encounter on our route. 

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

After a dropping a few more we reach the outer wall of the compound. Using rappels we scale the walls and sneak past the guards, i carried Fey on my back. Once inside the compound we sneak pass the guards with our cloaks, though we had to stop every now and then cause Fox's cloak had to recharge. She complains over coms. 

-Why is this cloak such a piece of shit? 

We find one of the doors in, a supply door. We take out the guards and steal their keycards, while these won't get us to the warlord we can just pick up higher security level keycards when we find them. 

As we enter i spot a security checkpoint, i signal to the others to take it out. 

Pfht

Pfht

As we proceed we managed to clear out 2 floors before the alarm goes off. It seems we missed one. 

-Shit! Go loud! 

We go guns blazing and rush through the floors, we reach the top one when we reach the only corridor leading to the warlord. 

BRRRRRRRRTTTTTT

BRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT

BRRRRRTTTTTT

I pull Fox back around the corner before she gets shredded. 

-Careful, any faster and you'd be swiss cheese. 

-Thanks, but what now? 

-Now? Now i use this. 

I activate my Mana-shield and have Cherié and Fey stack up behind me. Fox hesitates but stacks up when she sees the rounds bouncing off the shield. I made some improvements to the shields power supply basically tripling the strength and duration of the shield. 

As the bullets ricochet Cherié and Fox open fire over my shield damaging the sentry guns. Even with 2 rifles firing at them the sentry guns stay strong. 

-Sir! No effect! 

-Throw a thermite! 

Cherié chucks a thermite charge at one of the sentry guns destroying it, she throws a second one and knocking out the second. Fox pulls oit her Hecate II and knocks out the third.

We quickly rush to the warlord's office and breach the door with my shotgun. Once inside we see the warlord standing behind his desk. He looks like a general way past his prime. He scoffs at us and speaks. 

-You imperialist dogs will never defeat the great Chinese people! You may have defeated this compounds defences but you can't defeat me!

He tries to run and jump through the window but Fey jumps him and gnaws on his leg. 

-AHHHH!! 

-Good girl. 

Cherié and Fox secure the warlord as i pet Fey. We quickly make our way out the compound throwing grenades and smokes to cover our escape. We quickly reach the exfill point and radio for a hot extract. We hop in the VTOL before the AA systems could get a lock on us. Now all that's left is to interrogate the warlord. 

12