Ch.4 “New Home”
419 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Home sweet home,” Mother proclaims as we stop in front of a very large house. The paint was a pleasant blue, it probably had three rooms of width and Abby-knows how many of length. The most impressive thing was that there were two proper stories to this building –and unlike the multiple-story buildings from the slums, this house didn’t seem cheap nor in the brink of collapse.

“It is quite lovely, Mother-San, some say one’s housing represents their morale and efforts, and I can see them being reflected upon you,” my flattery was not without value, for my words held truth in them. I was very much pleased to be able to reside in such a humble abode and not a castle or manor.

Mother chuckled shyly after positioning the metallic beast on the ‘side walk’ and turning it off. “My, I knew my intuition was not wrong. It will be quite nice to have another mature and elegant woman in the house,” she looked at me through a mirror and her aura turned to one of authority, although she masterfully hid it with a sweet, playful tone and a warm smile. “But I’m afraid my hubby is off limits okay?”

I give a simple smile that gave her the answer she expected, but my womanly intuition told me she wanted to say something more, but in the end couldn’t due the presence of her son and his wife. Hmm… It has been quite a while since I used this intuition, so I brushed off the dust and ‘spoke’ to her.

‘You can join us if you want, but I get the main dish~’

‘Why of course, Mother-San, I wouldn’t dare to take the spotlight from you! But, is your husband okay with this?’

‘Hehe, in this household we practice this kind of things, but as long as you respect the order, no problem should arise!’

‘Does your son knows of this, Mother-San?’

‘Of course not! So you can fight for the spot of his main wife all you want until he builds up his resolve!’

‘I’m a bit inexperienced in this sorts of things, so I hope you can teach me your techniques when I join your nightly fun.’

“Mom, let’s get out, I want to show Miss Elizabeth around the house!”

Of course our ‘talk’ took less then a second -a way of communication only experienced women could use, so the chances of miss wife finding out about our ‘talk’ was very small. Mother broke eye contact and pressed a switch, suddenly a ‘click!’ resounded within the doors, followed by the passengers opening them.

“Why can’t Miss A. show her around the house?” Violet complained. “Why do you have to tour her around our house!?”

Nate held still, absolutely caught in the act, but thankfully Mother intervened before I did. “Now, now, Violet, Nate was the one that found her a couple of years ago, so it’s his responsibility to help her re-adjust to society, and so he is responsible to help her know her way around the house.”

The man in question nodded, “That-that’s right! I just want to help her around!”

But Violet didn’t take kindly of those words. “Idiot…” she whispered as she stormed out of the car and towards the door.

“Please be patient with her, Miss Elizabeth,” Mother reassured as we stepped out of the transportation. “She is shy and has a hard time telling what is in her mind.”

Nate huffed. “You tell me, I still think she hates me for some reason.” Ara, I didn’t think he would be quite as short-sighted as this~. But at least I can use this for my advantage.

We walked through the small garden. It was well-kept but not as luxurious as the one in the Capital’s castle. However, all these plants and flowers were foreign. Maybe I can ask Mother for a couple? Or perhaps ask the gardener where I can find more?

Upon reaching the door Mother took out a set of keys and opened it, Violet was the first to enter. The inside was marvelous! The floor was of clean wood! The walls of durable stone! The furnishing of the highest quality!

“I hope you like it, Miss Elizabeth,” I hear Nate say besides me, eyes full of expectation.

I, of course, smile warmly at him and his cuteness. “It is much better than what I expected and more. It soothes my mind just standing here with you by my side, but this abode makes that effect much stronger.” Nate goes red as a beet once more and I fight the urge of pampering him right there and then.

“Dear, I’ll be preparing meal, can you show Miss Elizabeth around the house and guide her to the guest’s bedroom?”

“Yes! Of course, mom!” The cute little boy holds my hand and urges me to follow him through the house.

A hall connecting all the rooms on the first floor with the stairs. I took note of every room and was surprised to know they had a cellar, although they just called it a ‘basement’. Most of the activity would happen on the first floor while the actual resting rooms were on the second. Not only that, but the smell of the house was unlike anything I have smelled before! Would they just waste away precious perfume just so the house smelled good?

“And this is your room, Miss Elizabeth,” Nate says as we step into the last resting room of the house. It wasn’t as fancy as my previous home, but the coziness was very much welcomed. A bed, a night table with a ‘digital clock’, some drawers, a wardrobe and a window looking onto the street. “I’ll leave you to it so that you can grow accustomed to your room,” The boy then excuses himself out of my new chambers, telling me to call him if something arises.

I let out a sigh of relief. For how long would I be able to prevent myself from pouncing on him? This was a new experienced to me, so it was quite hard to cope with these feelings of mine.

“A new beginning, huh?” No one knew the title of the Great Vampire Witch, and it looked like witchcraft was something not publicly seen nor spoken about, so maybe it was best to hide my arts. Maybe this time around I will be able to achieve my long-lost dream.

I did feel bad leaving my darlings behind, but unless I could get my hands on some proper witch equipment, not much could be done about my case.

But first…

Come,” after a simple command, my beloved staff appeared on my hand and my now-soiled clothes appeared neatly folded on the bed. Thankfully, they weren’t taken by a pig, but by a swine, if the scent was correct.

While my clothes were stained with the smell of a greedy, lustful swine, my staff was coated in mysterious concoctions. Oh, how badly they treated you! Here, let mamma heal you right up! There~, there~, good as new! The nerve of these pigs! Treating my dear daughter with so little care for her well-being! But I guess it couldn’t be helped.

After some chanting, I left my staff hidden inside my wardrobe, perpetually casting a special spell of mine that would be useless in my own world. Who knew this little spell would be of use after so many years of its invention? Fufufu, but I mustn’t get my hopes up just yet.

Just as I finish up my preparations, dear Nate comes into the room. “Miss Elizabeth, food’s ready; do you want to come and eat with us or would you prefer to eat in your room?”

Smiling, I answer: “Please, Nate-Sama, lead the way. I would like to get to know everyone who lives in this household. Will your father be present?”

“Of course!” he chimes. “We are waiting for him to arrive any minute now,” his beaming expression not hidden a single bit. “Come! He should be arriving in a minute or so.”

We leave the room and move towards the kitchen.

7