First fight 2
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ahhh so warm." An oddly relaxed thought whizzed through his head. However, all semblance relaxation soon dissipated as the 'warm' sensation turned into a scorching heat.

Kwaaasss

A sound he did not know he could make escaped his throat. The rabbit in his mouth dropped to the floor with wisps of smoke rising off its scorched pelt.

"Who dares to attack this great one." An annoyed snake mumbled, ignoring the fact that moments before he was attacked by a fearsome creature.

He turned around and a serpent nearly five times his size appeared in his view. Its crimson scales gave off a metallic sheen in the final glimmer of the dying day. A  dark purple tongue flickered out of its mouth which no doubt hid either a pair of long fangs or rows of sharp recurved teeth neither of which was a good omen. The impressive snake stood there wearily observing him all the while poised to strike.

At the sheer size of the gargantuan beast, Azras eyes grew wide.

"Ahem, luckily for you this great one is in a good mood, so I will forgive your impudence and let you leave with your life."  He hissed at the oversized serpent hoping it would leave.

But of course no such thing happened, the creature stared at him with a particular glare in its eyes. He had seen this gaze before, the one you would use when there was only one slice of pizza left.

ruN!!!rUN!!!RUN!!! His instincts screamed at him.

This was an enemy he couldn't beat yet against his greater judgment his body stood still paralyzed in fear.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

A loud noise rang out as the creature turned into a streak of red charging towards him. Its cavernous maw drew closer to him by the second ready to clamp shut and seal his fate.

Movemovemovemovemoverunrunrumrunrunrungetawaygetawaygetawaygetaway!!!

In that brief moment, these thoughts zoomed through his head as he desperately attempted to move his frozen body.

At last, it worked and he managed to barely shift his body out of the way. The larger snake's gigantic head brushed against his torso before crashing into a tree behind him nearly breaking it in half.

The beast was fine even after hitting its head on the tough bark the same could not be said for him, however. A mere touch sent him flying like a broken kite before he too crashed into a tree.

He tried and faltered a few times before managing to get up.

'Oi, are you sure you're a snake and not a f*cking bullet train?!!'

Despite its enormous size, its speed was outrageous. His only respite was that the environment was an advantage to him- with its massive bulk it would have a hard time maneuvering through the dense forest. He could make use of his superior mobility to escape. As for fighting, the thought never crossed his mind - there were better ways to kill oneself after all.

He took the opportunity to escape while the creature was still dazed from banging its head against the tree. With his mind made up, he gathered himself and dashed towards the only place he was familiar with in this unfamiliar world, the burrow.

                                      ?

A slim azure frame flickered agilely through the dense sea of green under the now darkened sky. Everywhere the shape passed twigs rocks and other small items disappeared as though they had never been there, to begin with. It was followed by a larger more clumsy silhouette hellbent on catching it.

These were, of course, Azra and his red-scaled nemesis. Azra's plan was simple he would lead the snake away to some far-off area before doubling back towards his burrow. He couldn't take it to his 'home' could he? And if that failed he had already come up with something else though it would be a great deal riskier. His muscles ached and he wished this would be over soon.

Behind him, his pursuer in a fit of anger had decided to stop avoiding the trees altogether and instead broke through them with reckless abandon.

'Of course, the best outcome would be for this oversized bastard to give up.'

He had long since left the parts of the forest that he knew and entered unknown territory. There was probably some danger around but all he could do was hope for the best.

Still, things don't always go as planned. In his haste, Azra hadn't realized something important- the spaces between the trees were becoming larger...the trees were thinning...

0