Into the Woods Part 23
25 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Come join the discord! Let's make a worthy community! https://discord.gg/kfZB4G4kdb


 

 

Adriana continued to shape the mana around her hand until it formed into a sphere. From there she condensed it down into a smaller sphere. The sphere vibrated intensely until it combusted. The small flaming orb hovered above her palm and danced vibrantly as it flickered. "This is one of the ways I manipulate mana. From this point, I can manipulate the shape and heat of the flame by adding in more condensed mana."

"This is phenomenal Adriana. How did you come to learn this ability?" Professor Von asked.

"First I started by figuring out what Mana was. Once I was able to understand what it was, I figured out what it felt like. Once I figured out what it felt like I began to move it around. The rest was just me experimenting with what I knew from my classes. I know that heat is just the molecules vibrating intensely. If you bring that to an extreme you can create fire. I just use my mana to move the molecules rapidly until they combust." Adrian released the flaming mana sphere allowing the fire to flicker out.

"I see. I'll take some time to contemplate what this Mana substance is. Thank you for this enlightenment." the Professor bowed before leaving the workshop. On his way out he almost walked into X who was walking in.

"Sorry Professor, I almost didn't see you there." X moved to the side and allowed him to pass.

"No, excuse me. I was trying to wrap my mind around Mana, so I wasn't watching where I was going. Excuse my young man, I need to strike while the iron is hot." The professor carried on his path.

'Good to see he is taking advantage of the system.' X walked into the workshop. "Hi, Adriana!"

"Oh. Hola X. You came just in time. Would you like to see the weapon I made for Darius?" She asked as she approached him.

"You work fast. I thought it took a long time to forge metal weapons." X was hopeful he would have a sword soon.

"Normally it would, however, since I can manipulate some parts of the process with Mana, it cuts down the time by a lot." She grabbed his hand and pulled him over to a naked blade on her work station. "I created a saber because it was easier to deal with the issue of hardness. The weapons we broke down to get the materials were crude and unrefined. I worried that if I made a rapier it would not have a high durability level."

X looked amazed. She was awesome at her job. "I feel like he is going to love this."

"Great, I will probably give it to him tonight after dinner." She looked like she was glowing with excitement. "Oh, what brings you X?"

" I was looking for someone Elana was telling me about. Do you know an Architecture major? I think Elana said her name was Cindy or Kaitlyn." X clearly forgot the names that Elana told him.

"Oh, you mean Candy? Yeah, she spends a lot of time in the workshop." Adriana started back working on the finishing touches for Darius's weapon. "I think she is inspecting the gate right now. She said something about checking the damage from the battle."

"Thank you! I will go there immediately." X walked out of the workshop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Candy, I need you guys to open the gate for us. We need to scout the area." Mike said to the woman in a hoodie that was inspecting the main gate.

Candy turned to see who was attempting to stop her work on repairing the front gate. "Oy, Mike it's you. Gimme just sec." She says through a heavy foreign accent.

"Thank you, Candy. Were you able to find any damage over the rest of the gate?" Mike asked while checking her progress.

"Only wee things," she said as she glanced over the three of them. "It'll all be patched up before the end of the night. Now that I'm mentioning it, where are you lot going on this scouting jaunt? There isn't much daylight left."

"Just checking to make sure there isn't another wave of goblins waiting to bum rush us again tonight," Norman added to end the questioning.

"You don't say. Well, nip a few of the wee green ones for me." She said as one of the main gate doors opens.

"Will do. Keep up the good work Candy." Mike says as the group leaves the camp.

"All work and no play that one," Candy said as she went back to inspecting the gate.

As Candy finished giving the gate a once over she heard someone say her name to one of the people behind her.

"Yeah, that's here over there by the gate with the hoodie on." The woman said to X.

"Thank you for the help," he responded. X jogged over to Candy. "Excuse me, Candy, I was looking for you."

"Hey lad, you know that you should never stalk a lady. It makes us uncomfortable." She studied him apprehensively.

"No, it isn't anything like that. I needed to talk to you about something that may make your job easier." He said as he opened his menu and sent her a Guild invitation.

"What the bloody hell is that?" She was surprised by the system notification appearing in front of her.

"This is an ability I acquired when I arrived here. The members of the Patrol Team are all apart of this group. We need you to join because your crafting skills are really great. This will allow you to go even further into your skillset." X was fishing for things he could tell her that would make her accept the invite.

"Further beyond you say?" Her green eyes shined with intrigue. She contemplated the great deal of effort she put into her craft. She was one of the top students in her program, but for her, it was not enough. Her desire was to own the best Architecture studio in all of the European Union. "I accept."

With that, the last member slot in the guild registry was filled up. A different system notification appeared and with it came a bit of fanfare.

*System Alert*

Guild level 1 Achieved

50 EXP awarded

Guild member job's available.

New guild quest initiated.

Accomplish 10 missions to rank up to Guild level 2

Guild Jobs

Builder

Quartermaster

Keeper

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Builder: This member of the guild gains the task of managing the status of structures belonging to the guild. Any structure managed by them has the ability to upgrade. Upgraded structures gain bonuses based on the Guild leader's guiding stat.

Quartermaster: This member of the guild gains the task of recruiting, training, and managing the fighting units of the guild. Every time a unit trains with this member of the guild they gain the Guild leader's guiding stat as exp per hour of training.

Keeper: This member of the guild gains the task of recording all of the data related to managing the guild. All tasks that this member is involved with planning gain the Guild Leader's guiding stat as a bonus success percentage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is going to be amazing. Would you like to be the guild's official builder, Candy?" X asked with excitement growing.

"Offical aye? More responsibility, but I feel it must come with some form of perks. Alright, consider me the lass for the job!" She said as she got caught up in X's excitement.

"Awesome, let me allocate your points and explain what your tasks are," X said as he went to her page in the Guild menu. She was a mage, which was fitting because her class aligned perfectly with her stats. He dumped the extra points into Int for her and explained her position to her.

"I'll talk with ya later. I'm going to manage our production and defensive structures." With that being said she walked off.

'I guess now I need to figure out who else to have fit the other to positions,' X thought as he walked back towards the main part of camp.


 

Stay Worthy Readers!

2