Chapter 12. BLARGGHH
5.4k 33 169
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yes, I know the tables are broken... I can't do anything about it since SH editor is already saying that it is centerized.

Your affinity with Mana has increased by 50% over the past week.

As a reward, you have received a special quest.

 

The Library: Quest [A love that blooms of lilies].

Your actions decide the destiny of your life and the people around you,
bring the most beautiful smile to them and you shall be rewarded.

Rewards:

- All skills of Archery levels up by two.
- Relationship System and Access to Knowledgebase.
- Two-thousand Yuri experience points.

Time Limit:

- 24 hours.

Failure:
- Failing this quest will lead to your affinity with the person
dropping to zero and all your experience gained from
the person will be erased.

 

… What kind of quest is that?! There is no proper objective and a cryptic description, to say the least. Isn’t that bulls…?! How much idiotic stuff can that stupid Goddess make up, not only that, but that title is like a potato book you can find on ScribbleZone.

 

“Are you there…?” Mana’s voice entered my ear, snapping me back to reality as I nodded before she continued on explaining about the school’s history which I already knew beforehand as I was the one who created the lore, though it seems like three hundred years has passed since the original storyline of Solis VR which changes a bit of stuff.

 

To summarize, the school’s history is about a sage who once saw the death of many children due to the lack of mages in the past and therefore thought that there must be something done to prevent such which led her to create the school which teaches almost all of her learnings in the past.

 

After some time of explaining, we soon arrived inside a large, crowded room filled with many students from males to females, natives to foreign and beast-men to human; there was no discrimination in the room, people ate together with many others despite the difference of their status and race.

 

“This is the cafeteria or canteen, here is where you can eat for free as all the dishes are provided using our in-house ingredients. Not to mention, you are free to grab some ingredients and cook here if you wanted,” Mana explained as we walked towards a counter where a young, fine lady stood on the other side looking at us.

 

“If it isn’t little Mana, are you here to eat again?” the fine, lady asked before Mana nodded as she responded with a noble voice, “I would like to have the same meal as always, make it two this time,” before the lady nodded as she grabbed two plates with utensils, walking to the other side before grabbing some sweet and sour chicken paired with what seems to be rice.

 

“Here you go, do you want some shakes?” the lady asked as she handed both Mana and I a plate filled with absolutely delicious-smelling steamy sweet and sour chicken.

 

“What shakes are available for today?” Mana inquired before the lady took out a laminated paper with a drawing of a wine glass with pink shake and a strawberry floating on it. The paper was a menu filled with only names of shakes, their taste, and the main ingredient.

 

For example, chocolate shake was named scelerisque shake with the main ingredient listed as sweetened cocoa, which had a bracket that said cocoa with sugar mixed, the taste was listed as “sweet” with an overall rating of 4.8 stars from a total of eighty people.

 

“I’d like to have Fragaria shake for today,” Mana answered before the lady chuckled as she said, “You always seems to love Fragaria, is it because it is your family’s name?” before Mana turned pink as she nodded hesitatingly.

 

‘Fragaria means…?’ I thought inside before out of the blue a window popped out showing information about what a Fragaria means.

 

Fragaria

is a genus of flowering plants in the rose family, Rosaceae, commonly known as strawberries for their edible fruits. There are more than 20 described species and many hybrids and cultivars.

Additional facts: The full name of the pink-haired lady is Mana Fragaria (or Fragaria Mana in Solis naming sense), her family is called Fragaria for their pink-hair that matches the strawberries.

 

“Anyway, here’s your Fragaria shake as always; how about the lovely lady behind you, what would you like to have for your drinks?” the fine lady asked before I took a peek at the menu, panicking as a fancy name came to sight.

 

“I’d like to have Durio Shake, please?” I answered before silence filled the entire room as I looked at them with question marks inside my head before the lady asked for confirmation, “Are you sure about that…? It really isn’t the best shake to try…”

 

“I’ll take it…” I said nervously sweating before the lady nodded as she went to the other side and started making a shake out of a yellow fruit before coming back a few moments later carrying it as she saluted before saying, “I wish you the best of the best, little lady!”

 

I was confused but decided to not take it to heart as Mana looked at me and nodded before the two of us walked towards a free table that no one occupied before bowing down at the same time as we said, “Thanks for the meal,” which seems to still be the tradition after I placed it after being too engrossed in animes in the past.

 

After saying our greetings, I soon took the tiny silver knife from my plate, sliced the sweet and sour chicken before stabbing it with my fork as I took a bite of it before following up with rice as the delicious taste of the chicken filled my mouth.

 

Everyone seems to be looking at me for some reason, it felt strange, but Mana reassured me as she said, “Don’t mind them,” as I nodded before taking the shake that they seem to be afraid of and taking a sip on it before…

 

“BLAAARGGHHH!” I spat out the shake as a loud chuckle came from Mana as she looked at me, wiping her tears off her eye as she smiled brightly. The shake was absolutely horrendous, almost like someone had made a prank.

 

It tasted sweet, creamy, savory all at once. Not to mention, it was like garlic and caramel poured in whipped cream, absolutely horrendous! Now that I think about it, the name seems to be familiar… Durio… Durian… NO WONDERRRR!

 

Your affinity with Mana has grown by 10% after the scene.

 

169