Chapter 29. A little talk.
2.9k 30 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Stop staring at her chest!” Mana shouted from behind as a loud smack blasted through my head. It was a painful smack, to say the least, my health points went from 6578 to 5873 which is as expected of her newly gained strength with slaps.

 

“The two of you really get along so well, come to big sister!” Kayla said as she opened her arms towards us but seeing those large chests of her bounce is kind of creepy, almost like shivers were running through my spine.

 

After a short while of opening her arms up, Flora hopped off from Mana’s arms and hugged her instead which was adorable to look at as her innocence was blooming like the skies. She was the most adorable creature I have encountered yet.

 

“Ara-ara, Flora is still as cute as ever!” Kayla lifted up Flora and patted her as Flora nodded, patting her back as if she felt compassionate about the fact that no one went to Kayla. What a kind and adorable girl!

 

“Anyway, what so-called ‘good’ news do you have for this time?” Mana asked as she walked ahead, taking out a golden key and opening up the blue gate as we entered inside with Flora being carried by Kayla.

 

“Well, the good news is The Band of Dragons is having another concert in the city while the other news is the headmaster, and the vice-headmaster has apparently announced a new event for the school. We don’t know what event it is, but speculations are it will be another tournament!” she said before poking Flora’s cheeks.

 

A tournament huh… I do remember agreeing to take place of some of the fighters for the competition. I think it was about being an examiner for competitions, but I am not really that efficient with magic compared to Mana which makes me wonder if I am still employed to do that.

 

“What are the prizes this year?” Mana questioned as we walked past a tiny fountain before reaching the main building as we took off our shoes and placed them at the shoe hanger that I specially requested to have built.

 

After placing our shoes at the shoe hanger, we went inside the house as the lights turned themselves on like a red carpet as Flora hopped off from Kayla and started running around before grabbing some toys at the corner of the living room.

 

“No one knows yet, but someone said that they saw a special white dress being dragged to their office. From their description, it apparently had a cape of white, imperial blue straps that hang from the neck area to your other shoulder and some other stuff that they couldn’t describe,” she replied.

 

“Hmm, I don’t think that would be the prize, to be honest. If it were then it would have to be gender-neutral which I don’t think the school would waste much effort into making, and I don’t think many people would be interested in a random uniform as a prize,” I said while walking to the living room as Flora took out a tiny playhouse from the corner.

 

“Flora, you have to take a bath first,” Mana said as Flora turned towards her, tilting her head as she continued playing with her toys.

 

Though, a competition sounds nice. I still don’t know how strong I am yet, but I do know one thing, crowds are definitely not for me especially after that one traumatizing scene where I went to a certain party and all the girls were staring at me weirdly.

 

“Also, is there any news from my elder sister?” Mana questioned while making a cup of tea, handing it to Kayla who sat down on a couch before she took a sip on it while doing the traditional ara-ara as she rested her chest on her arms as an onee-san would do.

 

“There has been no news at all. All we heard was they were sent to do a quest that would normally take a week or two, but it’s been three weeks already which could mean there might have been an incident that happened, though the school has apparently reassured our class by saying they dispatched some of their personnel along with the guild’s to their direction,” Kayla said.

 

“What quest did they take?” I asked before Mana smiled wryly as she sat down on the other couch.

 

“According to the information released, the quest was about handling some monsters that were closing the location where the town was located. We don’t know what kind of monsters it was but for the most part, it should be goblins, wolves, and the likes at most,” Kayla answered.

 

After answering, she soon stood up and stretched as her chest went wide. Her body had a wondrous figure that most of us would be a bit jealous about, not to mention, her hair was as silky as ever which makes me a bit jelly.

 

“Anyway, I don’t want to take both of your time that much. Also, the headmaster has been calling for the two of you for a while now. It seems like she has something to talk about with the two of you, so don’t go full action later,” she winked before walking towards me as she smiled.

 

“Mana sure is lucky to take you first, each day, you seem to grow more beautiful, little cutie~,” she said as she smiled before Mana smacked her on the head with a blush on her face as Kayla chuckled for a bit before waving her hand.

 

“Well, be sure to keep a good leash on her, Little Mana! This is an advice coming from this cute older sister,” she looked at Mana and winked before leaving as Mana looked at me with a wry smile. I know, it seems like my charm has been growing a bit too much that I might start accidentally stealing girls from their boyfriends.

 

There was even a time where I was being followed by a girl I accidentally saved before she stumbled, it was like she was possessed and after a few days came up to me and confessed while I was walking with Mana… well, you can guess that girl didn’t go home unscathed… nor did I… well it’s a story for another time.

 

“Anyways, who will accompany Flora to school today?” I looked at Mana and smiled as we closed the door and walked towards the living room, sitting on the couch as she laid her head on my shoulder while we looked at Flora who was having fun with her playhouse.

 

“Are you planning on taking a short quest again?” Mana asked in a soft voice as she placed her hand above mine.

 

“Maybe not today, I might have to visit the headmaster’s office since there might be something up for me. I will ask about her purpose for you as well,” I responded before she nodded as Flora stood up and walked towards us before trying to separate us before pouting as Mana chuckled, picking her up from the ground as she rested her on our laps.

 

“Mwama, I want ham today!” she said while looking at the two of us as Mana smiled.

 

“Do we have enough coins for this month?” I looked at Mana and asked before she nodded, reassuring me as she responded, “We have about fifty times more than we need, that is already excluding the cost for mana fee, water, and food for this month.”

 

“Then how about we have ham for dinner tonight, since Flora seems to be wanting to eat ham today,” I suggested before she nodded, smiling as Flora reached out her hands towards me, sitting up as she kissed my cheeks.

 

“Aywumi-ma, thank you!” she said with a cute voice as I smiled before Mana interrupted, “Well, I still have to take her to bath today and dress her up for school. Are you heading off first to the headmaster or will you wait for us?”

 

“Well, how long will the two of you take?” I questioned while cuddling Flora as she buried her head on my shoulder like always.

 

“It might take a little longer. I guess it would be better if you were to head first instead, though be sure to come home immediately otherwise I don’t know what mess you will be making,” she looked at me and sighed with a mocking smile.

 

“I know, I also don’t want to be chased by a crowd of girls you know…” I said before she chuckled before kissing my cheeks as she stood up and plucked Flora from me which confused her as she looked at Mana asking ‘why?’.

 

After plucking Flora from me, I soon stood up and kissed her cheeks back as she smiled before saying, “Take care as always, don’t rely too much on the skill you have…” with a worried look as I patted her head.

 

“I think it is you who needs to take care,” before she smiled mockingly, smacking my back as she turned around and started walking upstairs. After our short goodbye, I soon walked towards the door before a matte black dagger hanged on the wall came to my sight.

 

“I guess I will take you with me today…” I said before grabbing the dagger from the wall, placing it on my waist, taking a look at the mirror as my beautiful long brown hair and blue eyes came to sight. I wore a specially made dress that allows me to hide daggers on my waist for easy access.

 

It was a gift from the headmaster to be exact, it looks like a normal one-piece dress that you wear to the beach with a straw hat but inside, it is filled with many features which makes it fine for taking quests without having that much issue.

 

Not to mention, the ability to create weapons out of thin air through mana is really convenient despite their attack power being inferior to physical weapons. It is still more preferred by many dagger users since they can generate one after throwing their other ones.

 

“Well then, time to head off…” I said before walking out as I started making my way towards the school.

A little bit sweet chapter, hope you didn't mind!

 

108