Chapter 39. Kaleen…?
1.8k 16 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Without warning, Kaleen soon ran towards the large Justra Cobra with her golden spear out, swinging the spear forward as it shone bright gold before the end of the spear detached, flying towards the cobra as the handle turned into dozens if not hundreds of chains.

 

“Die…” she mumbled.

 

Not long after, the sharp end pierced through the head of the cobra, turning around as it started twirling around the cobra’s neck as if suffocating it. The chains looked heavy, actually… it didn’t just look heavy, but it was heavy, super heavy that even the cobra couldn’t do anything.

 

“SSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!” the cobra screamed as it slammed down on the floor, resisting as much as it could, creating a large dust storm around it as it slithered around but was unable to move due to the tremendous weight of the chains.

 

All of a sudden, the dozens of red eyes returned back to reality as they started slithering towards our direction at a fast pace, causing us to be surprised as Mana started casting several fireballs, flinging them towards the cobras that were closest.

 

“Eclipse,” I whispered, pointing both of the daggers on my hand forward before swinging them in an X formation as the two daggers clashed between one another, creating a loud clang around us that blasted the cobras back.

 

“Watch your back!” Kate’s voice echoed as her figure swooshed from behind before a blood rain of dark blood fell down from above as I flung myself towards a tall tree, running up on its trunk before hopping up around its branches, looking down like a bird.

 

There were several groups of tiny cobras surrounding our area, about sixty of them estimated. All of which were slithering towards our direction as Mana fired several fire arrows towards the ones that keep approaching close.

 

Flora only looked at them with her eyes glowing green, it was as if she was excited by the sight of the snakes. It was not every day she could see another creature other than boars, wolves, and goblins that we always fight.

 

“I guess I’ll have to do this…” I said to myself before pushing my body forward from the branch, snapping it as I flew up in the air as I rose my right hand up in the air before a ball of darkness appeared above me, forming a bow.

 

My body was like a feather, slowly descending down as I grabbed the bow, pulling the bowstring as several dozens of black arrows formed around me. My mana points were decreasing at a faster rate, around eighteen per millisecond.

 

It was exhausting. It was almost as if a boulder was placed behind me, my life force was being sucked at a fast speed. With each millisecond, I pulled the bowstring as much as I could before half a second passed by with nine thousand mana points taken away.

 

“FIREEEE!” I screamed while releasing the bowstring as the black arrows flew towards the dozens of cobras, slamming each of them flat as blood rained down, creating a pool of dark blood as my body started descending down at a fast rate.

 

I closed my eyes, preparing for the worst. After all, I was descending from super high up with little to no mana remaining in my body. A second soon passed by as I crashed down onto the floor, opening my eyes as Mana’s face came into sight with a smile on her face.

 

“Good work…” she patted my head as she pushed to the side before Flora jumped towards me with a bright smile on her face.

 

“Aywumi-ma! The snakes are dead!” she said while hugging me tightly as I patted her head, turning my attention towards the sidebars as it showed my mana points and health points at the same time.

 

Health: [12,248/23,520]

Mana: [982/23,520]

 

All of a sudden, a loud crash exploded from the front as Kaleen’s figure could be seen, swinging the chains left and right. The poor cobra could do nothing at all as it slammed itself to several dozens of trees left and right while being dragged by those heavy chains.

 

“What a devil…” Mana mumbled as all of us nodded while looking at the cobra that was staring at us as if pleading for help, but we couldn’t do anything as Kaleen went on a rampage, flinging the cobra up and down, left, and right like a toy.

 

“Mwama, can I play?” Flora asked out of the blue as she grabbed Mana’s dress, looking at her as her eyes glowed green like a puppy.

 

“It’s too dangerous to play…” Mana smiled wryly as Flora looked at her, tilting her head as her puppy eyes intensified, striking the depths of Mana’s heart as Mana looked at me with a troubled expression before a loud scream came from Kaleen.

 

“Someone finish this damned cobra, please!”

 

Her other eye looked at us as a satirical smile blossomed on her face while she continued on slamming the cobra left and right, up, and down like it was nothing. She was visibly sweating though; her Valkyrie dress was drenched in sweat.

 

“I’ll do it,” I said while forcing myself to stand up as a window popped up, warning me ahead of time that my mana reserves are low, but I decided to ignore it as a thousand mana points is more than enough to execute several dozen lower spells.

 

Taking out my matte black dagger, I stared at the front before inhaling a deep breath as I started running towards another tree, doing the same movement as before as I flew up in the air without exhaling the breath.

 

Everything felt extremely slow, almost like time was moving at a snail’s pace. It was the special technique that was taught to me by Aurora, the Queenshelm’s specialized boost that takes your health points in exchange for power.

 

“Snakes should burn…” I mumbled before pointing my dagger towards the direction of the cobra, exhaling a bit of the air as time moved faster with each air that leaves my lungs. After a few seconds of being dragged by gravity, I soon kicked the air, flinging myself towards the giant cobra.

 

Time started moving fast as wind blasted through my face before a loud blast echoed throughout the forest as I stood on the floor with the dagger no longer in my hand. No more hissing could be heard from around me.

 

Health: [2,192/23,520]

Mana: [87/23,520]

 

It felt exhausting like a boulder was placed on my back, my body couldn’t hold on. The world was as if spinning around me as Kaleen’s voice entered my ear.

 

“Good work!” she said before I stumbled down towards her, causing her to be surprised as the two of us fell down to the floor with a loud thud.

 

THUD!

 

It was so sudden, both of our eyes stared at one another with surprise as our lips touched like magic. My heart suddenly started beating rapidly as her crystal eyes stared at me. Her soft skin, and smell that was like chocolates.

 

“Uh-huh…” a creepy voice entered my ear as the two of us immediately pushed one another away before staring at the origin of the voice as Mana stood there with a creepy smile together with Flora who was confused and Kate who had a weird expression.

 

“It was just an accident…!” I said while raising my hands up in the air as Mana tilted her head with a seemingly innocent yet creepy smile that sent shivers up into my spine. It was like the devil had appeared before me.

 

“Yes… totally an accident,” Mana said as she clapped her hands while looking at Kaleen who was frozen in place, her face was blushing hard as her eyes lingered around before her figure started blurring as an unexpected reveal appeared.

 

Not a second after her body started blurring, her hair started transforming along with the rest of her figure, transforming into the figure of someone we knew before… with beautiful white hair and blue eyes paired with an idol like figure.

 

“The witch of Isle…?” Mana and I both stared at her with surprise as she looked at me with her cheeks completely pink. Her mind was not in this world anymore, it seems like the shock from that accidental kiss fried her brain.

Who was disappointed?

 

82