Chapter 47. The Sleeping Beauty.
1.8k 8 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Happy February to all! Hope you are having a nice day~!

It was silence inside the room, real awkward silence. The two of us had nothing to say at all, we only stared at each other embarrassed. I was utterly confused over why Mana decided to do such a thing, wouldn’t it be normal to do the opposite?

 

“Do you mind if I find where she placed the letter?” I asked after desperately searching for something to break the silence.

 

“I-I don’t mind at all; I’ll sit on the bed…” she said before walking towards the bed as she sat there while I walked towards the white vanity table where Mana tends to do her makeup. The makeup of this world is incredibly different from my original world, they use different powders and all those other stuffs that I don’t really understand.

 

Her makeup kit was always on her vanity table, she also sometimes writes there at night since, during nighttime, it is the only place that we keep illuminated. Papers sometimes scramble all around her table with her trash can filled with scrapped paper.

 

“Where did she put it…” I mumbled before opening a drawer as a letter with a pink strawberry wax seal came into sight. The wax seal looked beautiful, it was a perfect circle, and the engraving was clear enough that you could see it from afar.

 

The wax seal reminded me of how this world works once more, most people who have a high salary tends to have their own seal of their own symbol. I remember the headmaster telling me to get my own seal since I apparently qualify for it, considering my current salary and also apparently because I will need it once I take over… though I still think that day is still super far away considering how energetic she is.

 

“I think this should be it,” I mumbled to myself after looking through the piles of letters, each with its own destinations written on the back. It seems like despite hating her elder sister and her own family, she still writes letters to them, to which composes of ninety percent of the letters.

 

The nine percent is letters towards the onee-san whose name I forgot once more, Estelle and some other more of her schoolmates like, for example, the sleepy blonde beauty… I think her name was Hannah or something. The last one percent was the letters I was looking for, a letter towards two of Flora’s closest friends, one is apparently of nobility while another is a simple average common’s family.

 

After taking out the letters, I soon packed them inside my tiny waist bag that managed to fit my money and the letters. The waist bag was naturally separate from my other secret compartment where I store my weapons for emergency cases, it was normal to have a secret compartment for weapons apparently.

 

“I found them; do you want to hea—” I was about to say but it seems like something else had happened. Leisha or Kaleen was no longer sitting on the bed but rather, it seems like she had fallen asleep on the bed, snoring softly as she cuddled a pillow.

 

Her dress draped down towards the floor, her sleeping posture was adorable. She was illuminated by the bright sunlight that came from the windows, it looked painful to sleep in such posture though. As such, I walked towards her with silent footsteps before gently picking her up, ensuring that the force applied wouldn’t wake her up.

 

After picking her up, with little noise, I moved her up in the bed before caressing her hair for a second as I made sure she didn’t wake up. Her sleeping figure was on par with Mana’s to be honest, even though my loyalty lies to Mana but it’s undeniable that this girl has on par beauty with her.

 

“I guess a few hours should be fine…” I mumbled softly before looking at the clock that laid on another table. The clock was dark in color with golden accents, it was also tiny compared to modern wall clocks. According to this world’s standards, the second bell is at 13.00 or 1 P.M and since the time right now is around 7 A.M, we still have plenty of time.

 

After looking at the time, I then turned my attention back towards Kaleen who was fast asleep, caressing her hair gently before drowsiness struck me once more. I had slept late last night and not to mention, this silence was like sleeping pills.

 

“No…” I said to myself, pinching my cheeks as I stood up before she frowned her eyebrows a bit as the sunlight grew stronger. It seems like the heat is getting to her now, the sunlight was striking her face which was not fun at all.

As a responsible person, I walked towards the windows and closed them all softly while closing off all the curtains as her face softened a bit. Her cheeks looked fluffy from afar, it screamed “pinch me” which was tempting but I held myself back as I walked towards the tiny sofa at the corner of the room, sitting there as I continued watching her over.

 

I could try going to the post office, but I have no idea where it is located since I was never taught the location of the postal office which leads me stuck here, waiting for her.

 

“That reminds me… I think we forgot to mention that mayor and his partner on our quest, well… it probably shouldn’t matter that much since they should only be suspicious people…” I said to myself while looking at Kaleen before laying back on the sofa.

 

The room was turning cold fast as I continued looking at her with my head resting on my shoulder, my heart endlessly beating fast as drowsiness soon struck me deeper. The figure of the beautiful white-haired lady who has three identities known, a suspicious person that you can’t help but trust and admire, honestly. An adventurer that has mastered several different arts, a witch that could create potions that no normal person could, and an idol who could sing beautifully.

 

Who exactly are you and why do you keep attracting my eyes, is what I would like to ask her but, to be honest, I felt like there was actually nothing suspicious with her… rather, I feel like I understood why my eyes were attracted in the first place… it was because I was once like her in the modern world, I took up different identities to find an identity I can comfortably live in.

 

I taught myself how to write, how to code, how to design different characters, how to motion design, cinematography, two-dimensional arts, music, and all those other kinds of stuff which were then utilized to create the world I dreamt of the world of Solis.

 

To learn all of those, I had to create different virtual identities of myself. A person whose background remained mysterious, a person who would always show pictures of food, a person who always stayed busy… back in my world, I created many identities until I was satisfied.

 

“I see…” I mumbled to myself, closing my eyes as I reminisce on my very own past, the past that I despised yet hold dearly. The past that made me who I am… the past that allowed me to reach this world where I could at least be the happiest… the past that made me, Ayumi.

 

Relationship System

Your relationship with [Kaleen L. Isle] has evolved due to self-understanding, as such, you have received the following rewards.

Rewards

Access to Terminal [Lv.2] has been granted.

Your experience growth is now multiplied by three (including [Mana Fragaria]’s multiplier).

2000 Yuri Experience Points (You have leveled up to lv. 45)

Controlled Charm +50 (Affects only [Kaleen L. Isle] and [Mana Fragaria]).

 

 

 

64