Chapter 56. To the future [Arc Epilogue]
1.5k 13 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I have changed my schedule to a 1-2-1-2-1-2 pattern to balance out my life, I can still revert back to 3-2-3-2-3 but that all depends on the readers if you like UwU.

Also, I have started a new project called The Waifulogy (which is a collection of waifus paired with their sources if my algorithm has one), feel free to check it out: https://waifulogy.fun

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB

Patreon (the next or chapter next to the next is kinda lood, ehem): https://patreon.com/mihou

The letter was drenched in tears, hidden within the message were emotions of sadness, relief, and hidden sadness. It was what you would feel as you were writing a will, thinking ahead of the future for anything that may happen. I couldn’t feel the true depths of the emotions hidden behind the message but if there was one thing I understood, it was that he was looking at the future, not the present.

 

“I see… he has left this world, first. What a stubborn guy,” Aurora’s voice echoed from behind as I turned around before the three stood there with a wry smile, the elderly man’s eyes despite not looking at it, had the vibe of grief.

 

“It is what the laws of this world are, to either survive or to die. He was already nearing his lifespan especially once you consider the amount of mana he consumed during this battle alone. It was not weird for him to take the risk,” the elderly man looked at the letter for a second and closed his eyes, grasping his hand before turning towards the ceiling that showed the blue night sky.

 

The night sky that was shown by the crumbled ceiling was filled with millions of stars, the planet’s satellite stood up bright as a bright star flew past, shining bright like a meteor shower.

 

The Library: Secret Quest [Serpent of Ash] COMPLETE.

You have completed the secret quest, Serpent of Ash as such you will be rewarded with the following skills and achievements.

Rewards

Ancient Fairies’ Archer [Mode] PERMANENT

5000 Raw Experience Points to all skills.

1,000,000 gold coins to be rewarded by the entity, Elijah.

A chance to redeem the Fragaria house or to create a new house.

 

I didn’t bother with the window; it was all nonsensical for me. To achieve such rewards, in exchange for someone’s loss. That was not my policy… I felt guilty. I had caused the death of someone else in place for my own life.

 

“You don’t have to worry about the guilt, we also share the same guilt as someone who was with him till the end. The responsibility falls onto us… rather, shouldn’t you make his wishes come true instead? If you are feeling guilty about it, then make his wish come true…” the elderly man turned to me and said as a tear fell from his eye.

 

It could be seen that the man and Mana’s father were friends who fought many battles together, it was hard to see the closest friend you have die in front of you. I understood deep inside that he was also grieving but desperately tried to keep it at its minimum… it was as tragic as losing his partner in the past.

 

“I understand…” I stood up, wiping the tears on my eyes before placing the letters and all those other items onto my waist pocket as my dress reverted back to my original one, the bow had vanished as my health points regenerated themselves back to maximum with my mana points still at its lowest.

 

After I stood up, Seele and Aurora walked towards me and patted my shoulders as the two of them smiled before nodding at one another as the elderly man said.

 

“It’s time to make a change, we are now heading back to our original dimension. I have been gone for too long, it is time to let the world know once more who the real behemoths are…”

 

Almost instantly after he finished declaring, the entire space around us twisted as we soon arrived at the garden where Mana and the others were eating. It was as if time has not moved at all, Mana and Flora looked at us with surprise especially towards the elderly man who was the King of the kingdom.

 

“I pleasantly greet Your Majesties!”

 

Mana said together with Leisha as Flora looked at them confused before out of the blue, the red-haired lady ran towards Flora and lifted her up in the air as her eyes sparkled. It was as if the red-haired lady was looking at her own little sister.

 

“I see, this must be your partner and the young spirit, is that correct?” the elderly man, Elijah asked as I nodded before he chuckled a bit looking at Leisha who he seems to have already determined as my second partner which technically by now is correct…

 

“I won’t bother much. I will have to do the announcement, will the rest of you continue eating or do you wish to join me in the announcement?” he asked before I shook my head and walked towards Flora who was looking at me with tears on her eyes, asking to be fetched.

 

It seems like her raw strength couldn’t contend with this red-haired lady who I suspect is the Great Spirit of Fire that was on the lore. If that is the case then it wouldn’t be weird if the red-haired lady thought of Flora as her little sister.

 

“I’ll stay here since I’d like to talk with Mana alone…” I responded before he nodded as the red-haired lady handed me the crying Flora back before kissing Flora’s cheeks, causing her to be shocked as the lady smiled beautifully before walking back to the elderly man as the two of them along with Aurora and Seele walked back inside.

 

After the four of them had closed the door, I soon sat back down on where I was sitting in the first place with Mana sitting on the other side together with Leisha before Mana looked at me with a serious tone and asked, “Do you have anything to say?”

 

“Err… I can leave if you need…” Leisha suggested before I shook my head.

 

“You don’t have to leave since this will affect you, maybe…” I responded as she nodded before I looked at Mana and took out the letters from my waist pocket, handing them to her as she opened them confused, reading them together with Leisha before she froze in place.

 

“I see…” she said in an indifferent tone, her eyes were a bit watery as she opened up the other papers before tears finally dropped from her eyes as she closed them, grasping the paper tightly as I said.

 

“You should know now right…?” I said in a heavy tone… it was painful to my heart, knowing that I was the main cause of her own father’s death.

 

“Yes…” she said before Flora suddenly hopped off from my lap and walked towards Mana, patting her back as she looked at Mana with a saddened smile before asking in a soft, yet gentle tone.

 

“Mwama is crying?”

 

In response, Mana lifted her up and hugged her tightly as Flora buried her head onto Mana’s shoulders, looking at me with a saddened look on her face as she whispered to Flora’s ear in a hoarse voice. Her tears fell onto Flora’s shoulder.

 

“Mana isn’t crying…”

 

Flora was visibly confused but as an intelligent girl, she instead didn’t ask further and only hugged Mana tightly as the two simply sat there in a saddened mood. Flora was very smart, she acted as a stabilizer in a sense.

 

After some time, Mana soon peeled Flora from her as she kissed her forehead, looking at me with a smile as she looked at Leisha and me out of the blue before asking.

 

“Do you want to take the Fragaria house or do you want to let my sister take it instead?”

 

I was a bit stunned but remembered from the quest rewards that the rewards also involved the Fragaria house which made me understand why she was asking as I shook my head in an instant before she looked at Leisha who followed me before she nodded.

 

“I see… this is fine…” she said with a smile before Flora wiped Mana’s tears, kissing her on the cheeks as a loud growl echoed around the garden.

 

“Flora is hungry?” Mana asked as Flora nodded before she smiled, hugging her tightly for a second then reseating Flora on her lap as she took some boar meat from her plate and fed Flora with a gentle feel around her.

 

“What are you two waiting for, let’s eat?” she said as Leisha and I looked at one another, nodding before we continued eating deep into the night before time passed as we met up with Aurora who led us back to our residence after asking Mana several questions.

 

I have changed my schedule to a 1-2-1-2-1-2 pattern to balance out my life, I can still revert back to 3-2-3-2-3 but that all depends on the readers if you like UwU.

Also, I have started a new project called The Waifulogy (which is a collection of waifus paired with their sources if my algorithm has one), feel free to check it out: https://waifulogy.fun

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB

Patreon (the next or chapter next to the next is kinda lood, ehem): https://patreon.com/mihou

59