Chapter 75: Kidnapping Situation (ARC END)
973 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bustling noise of the city, the river of lanterns, it was all clear before me high up in the skies. The bright blue moon that looked so far below was as if before me, the stars that were unveiled by the thick waves of clouds, a scenery of beauty could be seen.

 

“Haa…”

 

A tiny wisp of cold breath escaped my mouth as I condensed a tiny footstep of mana towards my left foot, using the footstep as a method to gain momentum as my body pushed itself forward while I condensed another footstep a few distances away.

The footstep this time was slanted a bit to the left, allowing me to maneuver through the oxygen-less skies and change directions with ease. It felt like I was floating but at the same time falling, it was a weird state to be in.

 

“Woah there…” I mumbled after being distracted a slight bit, condensing a few more footsteps as fast as I could to prevent the fall, then using the footsteps as more boosters towards the direction. I felt like a hawk breaking through the air. It was a cold but beautiful sensation.

 

The footsteps created were looked as if they were colored glass, the reflections of the city could be seen warped on it. A beautiful piece of mosaic glass forms after dozens are paired together; the footsteps were stronger than glass but lasts shorter than one with their durability being able to contain my entire body but also vanishes after a few milliseconds.

 

“This is where you shall stop…”

A deep voice echoed throughout the skies as I took another step forward with the footsteps before out of the blue a black figure like an eagle flung up from below. The figure could be seen wider and taller than an eagle, almost like the figure of a human.

 

WARNING

An opponent of UNKNOWN difficulty has been detected, please be alert! An opponent of UNKNOWN difficulty has been detected, please be alert! An opponent of UNKNOWN difficulty has been detected, please be alert!

 

Alarms rang inside my head as the figure descended down from the skies, held within its arms is a large, gigantic sword that made my inner self tremble as I scrambled to take out my dagger, materializing several dozens of footsteps behind as I backed off.

 

Not long after entering into a defensive stance, the figure blazed its way towards me, slamming its sword onto my dagger as the footstep cracked, causing the two of us to fall to the floor in a split second as a loud explosion blasted through the city.

 

“Who are you?!” I asked while forcing as much strength as I could muster towards my dagger, looking straight dead into the eye of the black-haired lady with pristine blue eyes before me.

 

“You do not need to know who I am… mere peasant!” the lady answered before her sword shone blue, causing all alarms inside my head to explode at the same time as I landed a kick onto her stomach, using the distance created from the kick to escape as another loud explosion bombarded the streets.

 

The explosion created a large crater on the street that annihilated all the houses nearby, the bustling city had turned into a bloody rubble mess in an instant. The cries of children could be heard left and right as the rumbling footsteps of the knights echoed from afar.

 

“You… you are one scary girl…” I mumbled to myself, calming my heart as much while looking towards the crater where the lady stood as she turned her attention towards me before vanishing as she reappeared in front with her sword lifted up in the air.

 

The sword looked as if the scythe of the grim reaper, kissed by the blue light of the moon as the lady’s eyes shone red. Time had slowed in an instant, my world suddenly flipped as my viewpoint changed towards the back of the lady like magic.

 

ALERT

The system has detected potential death, all mana reserves of the system have been utilized to prevent potential death… The system will now enter a minimal state, only alerts and mini-map will be active for a week!

 

I was surprised by the sudden events but took it as an opportunity as I landed a kick on the lady’s back before time started moving at a fast rate, not ending there, I decided to swing the dagger horizontally as a black slash materialized from space, slicing its way through the air as the lady turned around with a creepy smile on her face.

 

“You thought so…” a voice whispered onto my right ear; the breath of coldness permeated through my ear as a staggering pain like a swarm of bees piercing through your stomach blasted throughout my entire body mercilessly.

 

WARNING

Your health points are decreasing at a rapid rate! Your health points are decreasing at a rapid rate! Your health points are decreasing at a rapid rate! Your health points are decreasing at a rapid rate! Your health points are decreasing at a rapid rate! Your health points are decreasing at a rapid rate!

 

A billion warnings echoed inside as I looked at the health bar that was falling at an unbelievable rate, my mind could not comprehend at all what had happened within that millisecond, nor could it believe the rate that my health points fell.

 

I looked down and lo and behold, a gigantic sword pierced through my stomach. The sword created a straight hole onto it that cried blood. A horrendous, torturous pain struck my entire soul as I turned around and looked at the lady who smiled a murderously smile.

 

“You…” I mumbled.

 

My sight had slowly turned dark as the lady simply looked at me with her smile widening, her eyes slowly turned into deep violet as her black hair turned brown, her body covered in a chaotic purple aura that could not be described in a single word.

 

“Is this all that stupid twin of mine has to offer, what a pity… here I thought I had found a wonderful toy to play with,” the lady chuckled while looking at me as I swam in a pool of dark blood, surrounded by a crowd of surprised people.

 

I could not open my mouth at all, energy rapidly vanished from my body… I could not even ask who she was as she raised her sword one more time, pointing it straight onto my face as dizziness and exhaustion filled my body, my eyelids slowly started closing themselves as the sword neared as a scream echoed into my ear.

 

“AYUMI!!!!!!!”

 

After hearing the scream, the lady soon retracted her sword as she smiled at me as she said, “It seems like your friends have arrived… well, whatever! I will find more time to play with you in the future… that is if you even survive after this… HAHAHAHA!”

 

A few seconds after she spoke those words, her figure vanished as footsteps echoed throughout the entire place followed by the figure of Leisha running towards me with her eyes shocked, she was accompanied by a white-haired lady and also another black-haired lady who looked similar to the other person.

 

“Leisha…” I mumbled, reaching a hand towards her before everything turned dark as silence overrode all the sounds before me, a silence similar to the one I had experienced in the past… the sound of death.

 

37