Chapter 81. The Truth (2)
952 13 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As if to lighten the mood around us, Mom coughed all of a sudden as she said, “Anyhow… the two of you should have reconciled at least a bit right?” before the two of us nodded in unison as she smiled before continuing, “We don’t have much time… this world moves a bit faster than the real world and the future we saw was an event that will happen in four days from now…”

 

“What do you think I should do?” Kaori asked while looking at Mom with her eyebrows frowned.

 

“The task this time is simple, the other party is someone who cannot show themselves in crowded places which could only mean the target will show up on a specific period of time at midnight… I want to assign you to guard her in the shadows, that should be fine right?” Mom asked before she frowned a bit more.

 

“It’s a simple task but there is a slight issue, the event that will happen in the capital will start soon and another high-identity target will appear there… do you have any idea on what to do?” Kaori inquired before Mom frowned a bit.

 

I was a bit confused over what they were talking about and decided to ask, “By event in the capital, do you mean that tournament that will happen cross-kingdom? Are you perhaps entering as well…?” before Mom and her looked at me a bit surprised.

 

“Right… it seems like I haven’t explained to you everything about Kaori, the ability that Kaori managed to acquire was that equivalent to the Sword Goddess’ skill but even more powerful, it is called Infinite Sword which as the name implies, she can create any kind of sword and any amount…” Mom said before my eyes widened from surprise as she continued once more.

 

“Not only that but she also received an additional skill called Talent Boost which increases all her talents based on the number of monsters and evil deeds she eliminates, her current talent level is super high after taking over a certain kingdom that accepted slavery and sex trade…”

 

I was even more surprised, if we are talking about someone who managed to take over a kingdom and also someone who is extraordinarily strong then the only person who matches the description would be the person that Kayla told me about… if so then Kaori is that person?!

 

“Do you want to see a single percent of my current power?” Kaori suddenly asked with a bright smile before I nodded.

 

It was a great chance to understand the power of someone who will be protecting Mana, if it is really powerful even at a single percent then I would be super assured of Mana’s and Flora’s safety… not to mention Leisha who I still don’t know whether she was found or not…

 

After receiving my nod, she soon rose her hand up in the air as a crimson red sword materialized on her hand, not long after the sword materialized, several hundred more materialized all around her as she swung her sword towards the tree.

 

In an instant, a gigantic sword slash could be seen flying towards the tree as all of the swords around her followed like a crowd. A second later, the slash sliced through the tree followed by an orb of slashes that created an enormous dust cloud.

 

“There…” Kaori’s voice echoed before the cloud of dust dissipated, revealing the former tree now chopped into trunks that are ready to become a dining place. There was a large round table on where the tree stood and three seats surrounding it.

 

As funny as it was, that was only a single percent of her ability… yet it felt like a thousand times more of my current ability. I couldn’t even see what had happened at all, and not to mention, control… she was able to control each sword into creating a dining table.

 

I couldn’t believe at all what I was seeing and walked towards the dining table which felt super smooth… it was like she could make a billion bucks from simply cutting trees and turning them into dining tables and sculptures… a money pot.

 

“Well, now that you have seen her power, are you fine with her?” Mom asked from behind as I turned around and nodded.

 

“If I remember correctly, there should be a few conditions right?” I answered before Mom nodded as she looked at Kaori who was smiling a bit.

 

“The conditions aren’t much… the first condition would be to stay away from any events in the capital within two months after you return back, the second would be to stay away from any dungeons as well, and lastly… well… I will tell you once you come out from here…” she replied with her cheeks turning a bit red.

 

The conditions are too humble, to be honest, staying away from all events in the capital is simple for me since I haven’t even visited the capital and wouldn’t have planned to have it not been for the event, but the second condition confused me a bit.

 

“Why should I stay away from dungeons if you don’t mind I ask?”

 

Kaori then looked at Mom who nodded towards her before she answered, “It has something to do with my foresight, the dungeons all around the kingdom you are in are super unstable right now and we suspect it has something to do with the Goddess of Dark Lilies, not to mention, all the events in the capital are too suspicious…”

 

“For example, the event you were supposed to participate in was actually supposed to be held in the city you are in but for some reason, the council in the capital had decided to move it towards the capital without any explanation and from our investigations, it seems like the members of the council had met up with some of our targets…” Kaori answered before looking at Mom once more.

 

That would explain why the event was suddenly moved to the capital which makes sense since if they are planning on doing a large amount of damage towards a lot of kingdoms all together then gathering them all in the capital would make a lot of sense.

 

The first reason being that the capital is the central location of the kingdom and having it occupied would mean that the other places would completely lose any support they have from the capital in the case of a large monster horde.

 

Secondly, the capital should be the most secure place in every kingdom which would make the contestant feel this sense of security around them and considering that the council is the one behind this scene then the entire military should be also controlled by them which makes it even simpler for them to attack.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking again… who exactly is the target they met up with?” I asked before Kaori looked at me straight in the eye as she replied in a heavy voice.

 

“The members of the council, in particular, met up with the Goddess of Dark Lilies’ forbidden ‘daughter’ who was created artificially by the Goddess… Kristine Shizaki.”

 

38