Chapter 85. Inner Demon
808 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an instant, the entire ravine burst into flames whether it’d be above or below, an intense amount of heat blasted through my body. It felt scorching hot almost as if my skin was being roasted alive… I couldn’t stand, falling onto my knees as the flames continued on.

 

“AAAHHHHHH!” I screamed before taking out all seven daggers on my waist, injecting a thin amount of mana on each one of them before throwing them at an interval of a second each before the daggers formed a whirlwind around me, extinguishing the flames around as the dragon roared once more.

“A mere wind dares to fight against me?!”

 

All of a sudden, an enormous amount of force blasted my entire body backward, slamming me into the wall as blood spat out from my mouth. I could feel all my ribs breaking apart from the force, my body was pinned to the wall as more and more force kept coming through.

 

“AAAHHHHHH!” I cried before the force dissipated, letting my body peel away from the wall, falling towards the floor as the shadow of the dragon covered the area.

 

“Mere ant impersonating Goddess!” the dragon said as I looked up before its eyes.

 

Those red glowing eyes of its were like diamonds, magnificent to look at while at the same time, demonic to feel; it contained an immense amount of pressure just from looking at it, almost like I was staring at an emperor.

 

“Th… this… isn’t… the… end!” I shouted while pointing my finger towards its eyes as all seven of the daggers flew towards the dragon’s eyes. The dragon looked a bit surprised and attempted to back off, but it was too late as blood spilled in the air.

 

“ROOOAARRRR!”

 

After a few seconds from the impact, the daggers soon came back towards me as the red jewel eyes of the dragon could be seen with a few cracks. The dagger had managed to do a bit of impact but it was still far from critical levels.

 

“HOW DARE YOU?!”

 

The dragon’s voice echoed throughout the ravine before sheer pressure landed down towards me, crushing me to the ground as an immense amount of wind flew around the ravine as the dragon flapped its wings, levitating itself upwards.

 

“A MERE ANT, GO DIE!” it screamed before all the gusts of wind suddenly flew towards me like hurricanes. As if that wasn’t enough, the hurricanes started burning, creating an intense amount of heat around the ravine while it ran towards my direction.

 

Not long after, the hurricanes soon approached me as the sheer pressure that was on me pinned me to the floor, unable to move… heat from all around ripped my skin, my eyes felt like melting away and all the bones inside of me cracked.

 

I couldn’t scream nor could I intake any oxygen, there was a lack of air within me… it was almost like the place had turned into a vacuum within an instant, I once again felt powerless… unable to retaliate, pinned to this floor like an ant stomped by a human.

 

“THIS IS ALL YOU GOT?!” the dragon roared as the hurricanes intensified, even more, tearing apart my skin and muscles, I couldn’t cry at all… the tears that fell from my eyes would evaporate in an instant from the intense amount of heat, the insides of my mouth dried up causing me to not be able to speak.

 

All of a sudden, everything turned dark as a voice echoed inside of me, “Is this all you got… are you really this weak? How can you wish to protect the ones you love if you can’t even protect yourself, how disappointing!”

 

The voice sounded mocking, it sounded like me but at the same time, it sounded more mature and crueler… it had this reliable feeling to it that made me feel weak. I couldn’t understand at all why I felt weak.

 

“So what?!” I rebuked before a sudden burst of laughter replied back as images of Mana and Leisha lying in a pool of blood appeared. The images looked too real; it was as if I was looking at the real… I felt my heart stop from the sight of it.

 

Not stopping there, more and more images appeared one after another… images of Kayla, Aurora, and Estelle stabbed by spears, swords, and even burned into ashes… I couldn’t believe at all what I was seeing, it was like an apocalypse.

 

And finally, at the very end of the slideshow showed an image of Flora bleeding heavily as dozens of spears pierced her back… her eyes shone green as the vine bow on her hand cracked before she fell on the floor, crying as she mumbled: “Why…?”

 

I felt my heart crack… it was like a nightmare I never wanted to see… what is this? I didn’t want to listen at all… I wanted to close my eyes but for some reason, I couldn’t close my eyes as a reflection of myself but with red eyes appeared.

 

“Look at you, aren’t you weak?” the reflection said before grabbing my cheeks as she tilted her head to the side a bit while smiling mockingly.

 

I couldn’t retaliate at all, it was as if I was chained to the wall as she looked at me straight into the eye with a devious smile, “Is this all you got? Do you really have no desire to become stronger? Do you really want that future to happen?”

 

“Wha… what?!” I shouted with shock before she laughed as a slap blasted through my face before she grabbed my cheeks once more and screamed.

 

“Listen here you brat, if you can’t even defeat this petty dragon then don’t expect to protect the people you really love! You are weak! You won’t even be able to touch a single finger of that person! It’s better you die instead!”

 

I felt a sudden heartache inside of me as the figure threw me away before walking towards the darkness as her voice echoed, “I don’t care what you want to do but for now, you stay here you brat!” before the figure vanished as darkness and silence devoured everything.

 

On the other side…

 

Haa… why is my daughter too weak?” a brown-haired lady mumbled as she stared down at the ravine as purple electric volts splashed around the place. It was almost as if the entire ravine was consumed by dark energy.

 

“Aren’t you going to stop her before she gets corrupted by her inner demon?” a white-haired beauty asked while sitting on a tree before the brown-haired lady shook her head as she smiled wryly.

 

“I won’t stop her… if she becomes corrupted then it is my responsibility as her mother to kill her myself, the only way she can stop that twin of yours is to overcome this world’s corruption which I know she understands most considering this is a world created by her own hard work,” the brown-haired lady answered.

 

“You are pretty cruel as a mother, aren’t you?” the white-haired beauty giggled before the brown-haired lady shook her head.

 

“I understand more than anyone else in this world the consequences of helping people in overcoming their own tragedies… I can’t be biased as this galaxy’s protector, even if she is my daughter, I won’t help her overcome her inner demon at all,” the brown-haired lady added causing the white-haired beauty to smile wryly.

 

“The two of you are really different in values, your daughter values love and care while you, the mother values equality and fairness… fufufufu, oh well…. The outcome of this is already as clear as daylight, I will leave first before that twin of mine does anything suspicious,” the white-haired beauty said before the brown-haired lady nodded.

 

In an instant, the white-haired beauty’s figure vanished, leaving the brown-haired lady alone as she looked at the origin of the chaotic electric sparks with a worried smile.

34