Chapter 87. Moving Forward
796 7 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, brat! Do you really want that future to happen?” she looked at her with her eyebrows frowned, her eyes looked serious to the extent that pressure formed all around me, causing me to shiver a bit as I stood up, shaking my head.

 

“I… I don’t want it to happen!” I replied before she heaved a sigh.

 

“Then, are you willing to sacrifice a special position on your life to protect the two of them? Are you willing to make them feel betrayed a bit to keep them safe?” she looked at me dead in the eye and asked.

 

I felt a bit surprised over her sudden question, flinching a bit as I looked at her with a frown, “What do you mean? As much as I want to protect the two of them… I also don’t want to make them hate me, nor lose trust in me…”

 

Haa…” she heaved a heavy sigh before turning around as she said, “Then our cooperation is done… I also answered the same in the past and look what happened…” causing me to be surprised as she turned around again with her determined eyes.

 

“I will only lend you one more chance, are you willing to make them a bit sad for a while to keep them alive, or is your determination only this much?”

 

An intense amount of pressure fell on me as I closed my eyes a bit… this decision sounds rough; one side is to not let the two of them be sad but at the same time, risk losing them while another side is to make them feel betrayed but in exchange allow them to live further. It is a decision that even I could not decide.

 

“What will I have to do to keep them alive?” I opened my eyes and asked before she showed a wry smile.

 

“The condition of keeping the two of them alive is to lower their status in the family tree which means… the first wife of the family tree must be Kaori then the second one would be both Mana and Leisha,” she answered which caused me to be shocked as I looked at her with surprise.

 

“What?! What do you mean by this?! Why do you want Kaori to become the first wife?!” I shouted while grabbing her shoulders before she slapped me away, knocking me to the floor as she heaved a heavy sigh while displaying an exhausted expression.

 

“You have to calm down first and listen to the explanation… I don’t want to go knocking on your annoying inner demon again after I had finished beating it up for ten days straight…” she said with a sigh before turning around as a cigarette appeared on her hand, “The real intention with having Kaori become the first wife is because she understands the situation more than anyone else… of course except for Mom and that stupid Goddess.”

 

“Kaori knows that person’s goal is to threaten you to join her and what can threaten you more than kidnapping the person you care the most which in her mind is the first wife since, in this world, the first wife is always thought of as the priority of the other party…” she explained.

 

“Who is this person, anyway?” I asked before she shook her head, smiling wryly.

 

“I am unable to tell you at this moment, mainly because of the restrains the world has placed on me after traveling through world lanes but what I can tell you is that the only person who can contend with her as of this moment is Kaori…” she answered, “You do have a chance but that is if you can inherit all the powers I have…”

 

“What does Kaori have in special?” I looked at her with suspicion… it was obvious from what Mom had said that Kaori is someone special in this issue, it is more like she is the key to solving this problem which I don’t believe at all, but everyone is saying so.

 

“I can’t tell you that information as well but all I can tell you is she can protect you and the others with her own powers as long as you don’t trigger the other personality that resides inside of her…” she answered which shocked me.

 

“You mean Kaori suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder?!” I asked before she nodded.

 

“There are two variants of Kaori, the innocent and kind Kaori and the overprotective and stalker Kaori which is the stronger variant. The two variants despite having different personas have only heart and goal which is to love you… or rather us… though I prefer the innocent Kaori…” she replied with a wry smile.

 

“I see but what does that have to do with protecting?” I inquired before she shook her head again.

 

“The innocent Kaori is a healing variant, she is very kind and lovable… enough to contend Mana’s personality while the overprotective Kaori is the more difficult one since her temper is pretty bad that if you try to hide from her, then she will literally destroy an entire Empire to find you which is also the reason why she managed to transmigrate to this world…” she replied before all of a sudden, blood dripped from her mouth as she looked at me with a pained expression.

 

Her eyes looked as if she was in a panic as she said, “I don’t have much time to explain, all I can tell you is to follow my words if you want to protect Mana and Flora… the two of them matters more to the two of us than anyone else…”

 

“Anyhow… I don’t have time to play with your games, are you willing to take the risk, or will you back off and leave those two to their fate?!” her eyes stared into mine with seriousness as blood started speedily dripping from her lips.

 

I felt panicked over the sudden change of situation but soon closed my eyes once more, calculating the pros and cons of accepting the offer before all of a sudden a loud spat entered my ear as I opened my eyes in a panic before blood spilled from her mouth even more.

 

“Fine! I accept the risk!” I said before she smiled wryly.

 

“Then, I will start transferring all the powers I had in store… there will be eight seals to it to help contain the power, the third seal will require the highest-level terminal which means you have to do something meaningful to that Goddess…” she said before walking towards me limply as she placed her finger on my forehead.

 

In an instant, a sudden pain blasted through my body. It felt like a pool of poisoned needles were placed on all parts of my body. The pain was staggering that I couldn’t scream at all… it was like all my bones were broken at the same time then repaired then broken again, an endless cycle of pain. All the organs inside of me felt like exploding.

 

“AAAAAAHHHHH!” I screamed.

 

“ENDURE IT BRAT!” she shouted as all the sweat on her body turned into blood, her eyes turned red before all of a sudden, all the pain vanished as she looked at me with a smile, limply falling onto the floor as she closed her eyes.

 

“My task is done…” she said in a weak voice before opening her eyes as she looked at me once more with a smile, squinting them as she said, “The… the future is on your hands… don’t… disappoint… me…” before closing her eyes as the darkness around me started cracking.

 

Her body started crystallizing, similar to that time with Mana’s stepfather… I felt a staggering pain inside of me as a tear fell from her eye. The smile on her face was visible as the darkness soon started falling apart one by one.

 

“I see… she has fallen now…” a voice suddenly echoed from behind as I turned around before a white-haired beauty stood there with a smile. The beauty was none other than the Goddess of White Lilies, Miu who was looking at the future me with a wry smile, “You… even after pursuing after you for thousands of years… not once have you glanced at me…”

 

The Goddess felt a bit different; it was as if she was mature. Her stature and temper were an entire difference from the Goddess I knew. After a short while of staring, she soon started walking towards the corpse with a saddened look on her face.

 

All of a sudden, the darkness soon crumbled apart, taking me back to reality where a short red-haired girl with two horns could be seen on the floor with a surprised look on her face. It looked as if she had seen something it shouldn’t have seen.

 

“You—You!” she said while backing off as I looked at her confused before a girlish scream echoed throughout the ravine, “You!!!! Please wear your clothes!!!!” confusing me as I looked down before embarrassment rushed to my face as the clothes I wore had vanished.

 

33