Chapter 94. A starry night.
813 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaori and I looked at Mana with shivers as she smiled at us innocently. An innocent smile that brings the fear out of everywhere nearby. All of a sudden, the smile turned into laughter, confusing us greatly as she held her stomach with a smile.

 

“I was kidding… I already knew it would be such a case since it’s Ayumi, after all…” she said while sitting down beside me, pinching my cheeks as she winked, “How many girls do you plan on adding, aren’t you worried about your legal wife?”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked before she shook her head as she looked at Kaori with a smile.

 

“I overheard both of your conversations; it seems like you are the person Ayumi had been mentioning in her dreams when she first arrived on this world, Kaori right? The two of you look close compared to what I know, did something happen?”

 

I was a bit shocked by the sudden revelation… I was mumbling Kaori’s name every night when I first arrived here? That’s impossible! I can’t even think of me mumbling her name since, at that time, I didn’t even know the truth.

 

“Well, nothing really happened..” I responded before Mana smiled wryly as she looked at the starry skies, resting her head on my shoulder as she sighed.

 

“You know… I am a bit envious of you Kaori,” Mana suddenly said in a soft voice as she reached her hand towards the sky before looking at Kaori who was confused.

 

“Why are you envious? You have Ayumi while I don’t…” Kaori asked before Mana shook her head as she held my hand.

 

“I may have Ayumi but you had the most memories with her, to the point that you left a great impact on her when she first arrived here. You know a lot about Ayumi more than me, you know what she likes the most, her fears that she refuses to tell and all those other details… I am jealous of the fact that I know less of Ayumi than someone else…” Mana answered which shocked me.

 

There were no words that could describe my surprise, to think that Mana would be jealous of knowing less is something that flew above my head. I felt like I had done a sin as I looked at the mask on her face, holding her hand tight as I tried opening my mouth only to be shut close by Kaori.

 

“Are you jealous of the fact that I know more of her? I am more jealous about the fact that you stole her from me after I desperately tried for years…. Yet, a certain girl over here managed to take her from me within a week…” Kaori looked at Mana with disappointment.

 

It felt like I was caught in a crossfire without knowing about it… sparks flew all around them before out of the blue, the two of them laughed at the same time as they looked at me with a bit of annoyance. It was as if they were annoyed with me.

 

“Well, it’s not like the entire thing is our fault…” Kaori said before Mana nodded.

 

“A certain person over here is the one who really is at fault,” Mana said while looking at me, causing shivers to go through my spine as the two of them looked at each other, nodding before all of a sudden, two kisses landed on my cheeks as they smiled at each other.

 

“I guess this can be called a truce,” Kaori said as Mana nodded, stunning me frozen as I looked at the two of them who were both in good mood.

 

Not long after, a cute cry of a child echoed from behind, surprising the three of us greatly as Flora came running down towards us with Leisha walking behind her.

 

“Mwama! Aywumi-mwa!” the cute little fluff ball in pajamas cried.

 

“Err… I am sorry… I didn’t see anything,” Leisha said while blushing as Mana gestured her to come here as well before she hesitated a bit, nodding after as she walked towards us with a wry smile.

 

“Why are you nervous? You are already part of the family,” Mana said with a confident smile as Flora hugged her from behind, pushing the two of them to the floor.

 

“Mwama! I want to listen to a bedtime story!” Flora demanded while looking at Mana with excitement exactly that of a child which made me smile a bit as Mana lifted her up in the air, pinching the cute fluff ball’s cheeks.

 

“Little girls like you should head to sleep, why are you awake?” Mana asked as Flora showed a pout.

 

“Flowa couldn’t sleep without Mwama…” she said while averting her gaze as Mana giggled a bit before her lips curled into a beautiful smile as she kissed the little girl’s forehead, hugging her as she looked at me with a nod.

 

“Well then, how about all of us head to sleep? It’s late now, we still have to notify the headmaster and several other parties about Ayumi waking up…” Mana suggested as Kaori nodded as well.

 

“Rather than notify… it’d be better to say that we’d have to explain how Ayumi vanished from her secure resting place more...” she smiled wryly as all of them looked at each other, nodding as they looked at me.

 

“Right… there was that… how did Ayumi even leave her resting place when it’s the most secure place that the city has to offer, even His Majesty provided several guards to protect the place…” Leisha said which caused me to be anxious again as I looked at the actual culprit.

 

The culprit herself, Kaori averted her gaze after being stared at me… It seems like she didn’t want to take responsibility for transporting me away from that place, as expected of none other than the infamous ‘Escape from Responsibility’ campus queen in the past… always escaping from responsibilities that she should do.

 

“Errr… how about we sleep first?” I suggested before all of them nodded as Flora heaved a heavy yawn, hugging Mana on the neck while her sleepy head rested on Mana’s shoulders, closing her eyes as she quickly fell asleep.

 

“Aywumi-mwa… lab u… boaarrrr!” the cute little girl mumbled while dozing off as drool fell from her mouth once more which was adorable to look at. I felt my heart warm up as all of us looked at Flora with a smile before standing up and leaving the garden as we all headed back inside the house under the bright blue moon covered with stars.

31