Chapter 115. The Devil of Ashen (7)
400 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“The Devil of Ashen—Hmm! Wait, you mean that?! That devil?!” Kaori asked in shock as Mana and I both nodded at the same time which shocked her even more as she grabbed me on the shoulders while asking, “Are you serious?! That is a calamity tier demon, where have you heard about this information?!”

 

“Rather than heard, we saw pictures of the summoning circle itself…” I replied before she frowned her eyebrows as if she was having trouble consuming all this information. Her reaction was normal though as someone who helped created the demon herself, she knows how powerful she is.

 

If it was back in the game, I wouldn’t fear her that much but now that we are in a reality where death is real, it is a different story. Her title as the Devil of Ashen is not for play at all, she was created to be a large obstacle to many factions or guilds in the game and was considered among the strongest raid bosses in the entire game.

 

“We might need to take this on our own hands… if the summoning isn’t stopped then the entire continent will be in danger, so that was what you and His Majesty were talking about—makes sense now,” she nodded before looking at us with a serious expression, “It seems like I might need to involve some of my specialized team as well since just the strongest team in this kingdom is not enough to handle her…”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked confused before she sighed.

 

“You probably already knew before that the Devil of Ashen was never sealed in the first place, she was a human being who fell into the hands of evil after experiencing heavy tragedy, wanting revenge on the entire mankind… but this time, she was sealed which means she was once defeated in the past,” she answered.

 

“What’s wrong with that?” Mana inquired.

 

“Here I thought you had at least smarts with you, being sealed means she experienced possibly hundreds to thousands of years inside. A seal is basically a severed dimension in which time either moves slower or faster inside, if time moved slower there then she won’t be much of an issue for me to handle alone but if time moved faster—” she stopped, causing all of us to shiver.

 

If time moved faster there like 1000 years there being 100 years here, then that would mean she would have more than enough time to train super hard enough that her power would be 1000 times stronger than before…

 

“Right, if what you said is true then your sword can basically enter her dimension right?” Mana suddenly responded.

 

“There is no dimension the Dimensional Sword can pierce into, it’s a sword that has no body itself. It’s merely an invisible force which can be applied to any other weapon or by your hand itself, mixing it with another magical sword will make their two powers mix, why do you ask?” Kaori inquired.

 

“Can’t you use some kind of magic to damage her inside her own dimension?” Mana suggested.

 

“That’s impossible, despite all its power, all my other sword is limited to the dimension I am currently on. The swords cannot move out of the dimension its host is, only the Dimensional Sword defies that logic, and even so, that doesn’t guarantee her being damaged at all,” she replied.

 

Indeed, if the devil has become 1000 times stronger inside then the chances of her being able to counter a sword of Kaori’s would be possible. The best way to attack against a raid boss is always to go in a large team as many would mention, even Dagger Art Online relied on many teams to battle against several floors.

 

“Mama, is there trouble?” Crystal suddenly asked with a worried look, glancing at us.

 

“No, there isn’t any trouble at all,” Kaori kissed the little girl’s forehead only to be glared at by Flora who was fuming with jealousy over being able to do such stuff with Crystal. She was a full-on siscon who was also being fawned by another siscon.

 

Despite reassurance from Kaori, the little Crystal had worry written all over her face. She was also intelligent similar to Flora, but she wasn’t as intelligent as Flora indeed, but she has the maturity and emotional aspect that Flora lacked the most. In the case of Flora, she basically only uses her intelligence when she needs them and basically throws it in the bin whenever she doesn’t.

 

Honestly, comparing the two is like comparing a hypercar with a fighter jet, the two were never meant to be compared at all. One was better at another thing while the other being better at a different thing, the two have their own bests and worsts and no matter what, I will still love the two.

 

“You shouldn’t worry that much, it makes you look older than Flora,” I flicked Crystal’s forehead which made her surprised a bit as she looked at Flora for a second before nodding. Flora indeed looked super young though for a seven-year old, she was also super cute that you can’t help but spoil her on the other side, Crystal from my eyes would become a super beauty in the long run.

 

Her current look was indeed beautiful than the average, but I still don’t feel like that is the full extent since she once lived in the slums where her beauty should have deteriorated, in addition, she also received Kaori’s very own mana through that spell and since mana itself is basically another part of genetics, you could say she has Kaori’s genetics with her.

 

According to what I heard over at my Health studies, mana is a higher form of genetics and from one student’s question which was answered, what would happen if the blood genetics of a human were to differ with the genetics contained within a mana which was basically answered as a joke by the teacher but from her answer.

 

She said that the genetics inside the human’s mana would override all the genetics instead, but she also added it was impossible and her answer was theoretical since it should be impossible for blood genetics and mana genetics to be different from one another.

 

The bigger question to this is whether it will override all of Crystal’s blood genetics to only that of Kaori’s or will it mix it with someone else’s as well. Mana is basically a mystery similar to nature, it isn’t something that could be explained easily at all which means we can only know after seeing the results.

 

“Anyhow, enough about the serious talk. We can talk about it once we arrive back home, for now, how about we eat out? I know some good pizza store that opened after I introduced new recipes at a large chef meeting, of course, they were illegal to copy without making major changes to the recipe since I want to see what kind of variations they can come up with,” Kaori winked.

 

“Are you charging for copyright?” I asked with a joking tone.

 

“Yep! You have to become a capitalist even if you don’t really own the recipes, not that the creators of the recipes would end up here anyway,” she chuckled.

 

“Hearing the two of you talk about stuff from your world makes me feel a bit lonely,” Mana pouted at the side as we started walking out of the campus.

 

“You don’t have to worry; I still haven’t gotten to know all of this world yet. How about you be our tour guide and show us around this place once we have the time,” I patted Mana’s head to which she nodded happily.

 

“Are we going for boar?!” Flora suddenly intervened with sparkling eyes.

 

“Well—kind of, there should be a kind of boar pizza… I hop—” Kaori tried to reply only to be brushed away by Flora’s sudden disappearance, the girl suddenly vanished from Mana’s embrace only to reappear at the gate, jumping with excitement.

 

“Let’s go!” she screamed at us.

 

“Haa—elder sister is indeed a mess,” Crystal smiled wryly.

 

“You sound way too mature, well—I guess I should be a bit thankful for that,” Kaori also smiled wryly, looking at Crystal who was a bit embarrassed.

 

“Here goes my wallet,” I laughed while looking at my pouch which only had around ten gold coins.

 

“Well, the month is going to end soon—just endure a bit,” Mana chuckled.

 

“Mwama! Aywumi-mwa! Let’s goo! Boarr!” Flora shouted from the distance, attracting all gazes everywhere because of her cuteness. Her drool was clearly visible from far away, you could tell she was starving for more boar meat.

 

“Coming!” Mana answered as we all soon followed.

 

[Author Joke: —That day, the stock price for boar meat rose and a certain Ayumi went bankrupt for shortselling.]

20